English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WingCommander (CD32 VERSION) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=29640)

tteich 08 May 2007 00:05

WingCommander (CD32 VERSION)

Hi friends, I'm looking for a CDTV version of WingCommander. I just got my CDTV expanded (running stable now) and would love to play one of my favourite games on it. I have the PC version, but what the heck, I wanna play it on the CDTV! :-) Is there a chance to d/l it somewhere?

EDIT: I guess there was no CDTV version ever of that game. thanks for enlightening me on this. however, this game would be perfect for my CD32.

Retro-Nerd 08 May 2007 00:17

You meant the CD32 version, right? I had two downloads links, but both sites are are down now.

DDNI 08 May 2007 00:27

Ask The Boss

tteich 08 May 2007 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
You meant the CD32 version, right? I had two downloads links, but both sites are are down now.

Oops. You are right. I sometimes mix things up, too many things I track on auction sites in parallel. I thought I have seen the WC-CD as part of a CD32 or CDTV auction recently. Anyway, CD32 version would be great, too :)

Retro-Nerd 08 May 2007 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by tteich
Oops. You are right. I sometimes mix things up, too many things I track on auction sites in parallel. I thought I have seen the WC-CD as part of a CD32 or CDTV auction recently. Anyway, CD32 version would be great, too :)

It seems that Team Sega is back, but the most CD32 downloads didn't work atm. Maybe you should check it later. Grabbed the Dangerous Streets & WC Bin & Cue there, some month ago.

http://download.team-sega.com/index.php?cons=3&page=4

tteich 08 May 2007 00:35

Quote:

It seems that Team Sega is back, but the most CD32 downloads didn't work atm. Maybe you should check it later. Grabbed the Dangerous Streets & WC Bin & Cue there, some month ago.

http://download.team-sega.com/index.php?cons=3&page=4

Thx, Retro, for enlightening me on the versions. thread title changed accordingly.

team sega works for WC :-D this is great :-)
great site, didn't know it yet. thanks for the link!

DDNI 08 May 2007 00:36

hmm am downloading it now!! 500k/sec

Retro-Nerd 08 May 2007 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDNI
hmm am downloading it now!! 500k/sec

Cool, works fine with IE. But not with FF. ;)

Josh 08 May 2007 00:43

Quote:

Cool, works fine with IE. But not with FF. ;)

Why it should don't work with FF?
With my FF (V2.x) it's working very nice... ;-)

Greets Josh

DDNI 08 May 2007 00:44

Hmm am using firefox :)

Retro-Nerd 08 May 2007 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh
Why it should don't work with FF?
With my FF (V2.x) it's working very nice... ;-)

Greets Josh

I don't know, Josh. Mostly got a "no permission" error. But i don't care about it, works fine with IE. ;)

Josh 08 May 2007 00:59

Quote:

I don't know, Josh. Mostly got a "no permission" error. But i don't care about it, works fine with IE. ;)

It seems, you try to download by using FTP. FF don't handle FTP without a special Plug-In.
Try HTTP... :-)

Greets Josh

Retro-Nerd 08 May 2007 01:02

Quote:

It seems, you try to download by using FTP. FF don't handle FTP without a special Plug-In.
Try HTTP... :-)

Greets Josh

Of course i've tried HTTP. :agree ;)

Bamiga2002 08 May 2007 09:45

Quote:

...FF don't handle FTP without a special Plug-In...

Greets Josh

Tested my ftp with firefox and it can handle it. Of course there's FireFTP-plugin for it also.

Josh 08 May 2007 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamiga2002
Tested my ftp with firefox and it can handle it. Of course there's FireFTP-plugin for it also.

Of course, it's possible to get connection to a FTP server, but it's only possible to download files from root directory.
If you try to list a directory it's over. From here you need to install the Plug-In.

Greets Josh

Zetr0 09 May 2007 13:58

Heys

Does Wingcommander on the CD32 have any differnece when compaired to the ecs version ? does it have audio tracks?

I know Wing Commander cd32 made (more of) a use with the Akiko (other than just loading) and that there are patches to allow the cd32 version to run from a hard disk on an amiga...

I was wondering if it was an enhanced or improved version i might get my dirty mits on it....

personally i would love to have the time to convert the 3DO version of WC, as for me it was a definitive version of yummyness!!!

DamienD 09 May 2007 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetr0
personally i would love to have the time to convert the 3DO version of WC, as for me it was a definitive version of yummyness!!!

FM Towns version is pretty cool also and there are these in the series ;)

... Wing Commander
... Wing Commander: Secret Missions
... Wing Commander II
... Wing Commander: Armada

Mad-Matt 09 May 2007 19:06

I finished aga version 100% good ending (no failed missions, all medals, top of aces board) and was it was damn annoying the secret mission 1+2 packs wernt released on miggy too ;)

viddi 10 May 2007 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetr0
Heys

Does Wingcommander on the CD32 have any differnece when compaired to the ecs version ? does it have audio tracks?

I know Wing Commander cd32 made (more of) a use with the Akiko (other than just loading) and that there are patches to allow the cd32 version to run from a hard disk on an amiga...

I was wondering if it was an enhanced or improved version i might get my dirty mits on it....

Hi my friend,

WC CD32 has no audio tracks but music and fx are a bit better due to 2 MB.
And you get 256 colours instead of 16!

I uploaded it including wcpatch. It´s very fast and customizable to any AGA Amiga!

The best WC I version, if you ask me :) (I don´t know the 3DO version though)

Have fun:

http://download.abime.net/zone/WINGCOMMANDERAGA.LHA

Zetr0 10 May 2007 13:02

Awesome!!!

Thanks viddi!!!!!