English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Final Fight Games Series (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=100446)

sandruzzo 16 January 2020 10:04

Final Fight Games Series

Final Fight was a great game, with a decent port for Amiga. What about having the other 2d chapters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxTqNkwBoC0

gimbal 16 January 2020 10:12

The decency of the Amiga port is pretty heavily disputed, there is a whole thread dedicated to both slamming and praising it :)

Final Fight 3 is my favourite of the bunch. Trying to port such a bloody brilliant version seems a little masochistic to me though.

sandruzzo 16 January 2020 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 1371924)
The decency of the Amiga port is pretty heavily disputed, there is a whole thread dedicated to both slamming and praising it :)

Final Fight 3 is my favourite of the bunch. Trying to port such a bloody brilliant version seems a little masochistic to me though.

On Aga, of course. Good or Bad, we still have Final Fight on Amiga. So why be so fixed on It, since the are 2 more chapters?

manossg 16 January 2020 10:41

I'd rather have the first one made to actually play like Final Fight. Because, ok, it was decent, but with Amiga's very low standards for beat'em'ups. It doesn't hold a candle to the original, actually, apart from the nice graphics.

sandruzzo 16 January 2020 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1371929)
I'd rather have the first one made to actually play like Final Fight. Because, ok, it was decent, but with Amiga's very low standards for beat'em'ups. It doesn't hold a candle to the original, actually, apart from the nice graphics.

Since engine is there, why don't go further and do 2 and 3?

manossg 16 January 2020 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandruzzo (Post 1371930)
Since engine is there, why don't go further and do 2 and 3?

Ah, now that's up to the resident magicians to decide. My vote would be on reworking the first one, though. Even though I think an attempt has already been made (?) .

d4rk3lf 16 January 2020 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandruzzo (Post 1371925)
On Aga, of course.

That was only a demo version, right?
Sadly, the coder Leathered passed away, and apart from (great) demo, we don't have anything else.
Not sure if the source code is available somewhere, so maybe someone someday could proceed on the work.

As for A500 version.. huh... unfortunately, Richard Aplin didn't had the recourse and time to make a proper port.
Except from acceptable graphics, and nice intro, pretty much everything is wrong with that port.

Samurai_Crow 16 January 2020 14:49

Has everybody forgotten about Metro Siege? Its engine is not second-rate. It originates on Amiga also.

d4rk3lf 16 January 2020 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow (Post 1371976)
Has everybody forgotten about Metro Siege? Its engine is not second-rate. It originates on Amiga also.

I did not. :)
I've mention it few days a go, here.

Hopefully, when it's done, it will be the pure awesomeness on OCS. :)

sandruzzo 16 January 2020 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4rk3lf (Post 1371964)
That was only a demo version, right?
Sadly, the coder Leathered passed away, and apart from (great) demo, we don't have anything else.

Bad news:crying

sandruzzo 17 January 2020 10:45

Is there any available gfx to use?

DamienD 17 January 2020 10:47

These are the old threads related to leathered's "Final Fight AGA":

... Beats of Fire
... Final Fight AGA

sandruzzo 17 January 2020 10:51

@DamienD

Thank, fot them.Sorry, I forgot to meantion ff 2 or 3.

roondar 17 January 2020 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow (Post 1371976)

What I've seen of this shows great potential. The art direction is absolutely spot-on and it seems like a labour of love to get the game to play as well as it looks.

Definitely one I'm looking out for :agree

Dustyarddog 21 January 2020 09:18

Snes port was good. I played and completed this again recently, whilst having a few beers with my cousin.