English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A little advice please !!! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=14357)

synchro 17 July 2004 01:54

A little advice please !!!
 
Ok i have been putting loads of hdf's together in the simplest way of installing to the WBStartup with no problems but the odd few Its always the same so someone must have the answer

IE..Nemac 4.....Boots up.....config to select screenmode appears.....thn a little box opens saying ( program Nemac_4 has not yet returned should i wait some more )

If i cancel i can proceed but i know its something stupid and i have got around this before but it was 5 years ago......Please help :help

synchro 17 July 2004 14:21

Is there really no one thats knows ?????

Hmmm...Ok il try a little longer. If i cant sus it i wont use it theres plenty more :)

Jim 17 July 2004 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro
Is there really no one thats knows ?????

Hmmm...Ok il try a little longer. If i cant sus it i wont use it theres plenty more :)

You were drunk when you posted the first post weren't you !? :lol

<beer formating removed>
I have been putting loads of hdf's together, installing to the WBStartup with no problems. However with the odd few I get the same problem, someone please :help

i.e....Nemac 4.....Boots up.....config to select screenmode appears.....then a little box opens saying "program Nemac_4 has not yet returned should i wait some more?"

If I cancel I can proceed but I know there is a simple solution as I got round this before, but that was 5 years ago......Please help :crazy
</beer formating removed>

Bloodwych 17 July 2004 15:16

Even with Jims skilful anti-beer formatting, I'm not fully clear on this:

"loads of hdf's together in the simplest way of installing to the WBStartup"

Are you installing games on individual HDFs?

Also:

Is Nemac 4 a game (sorry haven't heard of it)? Is it running from a workbench setup or from its own HDF? Is it WHDload or HD installable? In WinUAE?

I may be being thick but I don't undertsand. Need some details. :)

ant512 17 July 2004 15:39

I think you're trying to say that you've created several HDFs, each one containing a single hard drive-installable game. You've installed the games into the WBStartup folder, so that they will load without you needing to click any icons.

The problem that you're having is that Workbench tells you that the game has not "returned". The solution is easy. You just need to add a new tooltype into the game's icon containing the command "DONOTWAIT".

Jim 17 July 2004 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant512
You just need to add a new tooltype into the game's icon containing the command "DONOTWAIT".

Hehe. It's amusing when the answer is easier than the question :laughing :banghead

Maybe you should have anagramed the "DONOTWAIT" ant512 just to keep with the theme of the post :p

Bloodwych 17 July 2004 15:45

Cool ant, that's what he probably meant about getting around it in the past. I've certainly used the "DONOTWAIT" parameter a few times (quite common for wbstartup drawer icons) but never used games on individual HDFs before.

Bloodwych 17 July 2004 15:49

Jim, :laughing You are just too into word puzzles at the moment!

synchro 17 July 2004 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant512
I think you're trying to say that you've created several HDFs, each one containing a single hard drive-installable game. You've installed the games into the WBStartup folder, so that they will load without you needing to click any icons.

The problem that you're having is that Workbench tells you that the game has not "returned". The solution is easy. You just need to add a new tooltype into the game's icon containing the command "DONOTWAIT".

Thats exactly it !!!!!!

ROFL!!!
You P*ss taking Ba****ds :laughing
Its been 5 years since i touched amiga startup sequence's and dabbled with workbench gimmie a break!! I have been mapping for Raven games since then.

That will solve all my problems thanks ( bloody Amiga ) j/k

PS.....And i was knackerd when i wrote that :)

synchro 17 July 2004 18:24

PERFECT!!!!!!
Works a treat i bow to your wisdom :bowdown

Big heads !!!! :) :) :great


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04517 seconds with 11 queries