English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   PT 3.61- Exchange whole tracks (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=95497)

dissident 16 December 2018 21:20

PT 3.61- Exchange whole tracks

Hi,

does anyone know if it is possible to exchange the whole content (Notes+Instrument-Numbers+FX-Commands) of a track with another track of the same pattern?

There is the EXCHG-Button, but I don't know how to use it if this feature is supported.

For example exchange the whole Track 1 with Track 3 of pattern 0.

Thanks.

StingRay 17 December 2018 10:32

You can use Shift+F3/F4 (cut/copy track) and Shift+F5 (paste track).

dissident 17 December 2018 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1291340)
You can use Shift+F3/F4 (cut/copy track) and Shift+F5 (paste track).

Hi StingRay, thanks for the hint. But this doesn't answer my question. Using Cut/Copy/Paste, the information of one track gets lost. But I want to save the content of both tracks.

Maybe I was a little bit inprecisely. After the exchange, track 1 should have the content of track 3 and track 3 the content of track 1. Both tracks belong to the same pattern 0.

StingRay 17 December 2018 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissident (Post 1291365)
Hi StingRay, thanks for the hint. But this doesn't answer my question. Using Cut/Copy/Paste, the information of one track gets lost. But I want to save the content of both tracks.

If you copy a track nothing gets lost. Copy the source track to an empty pattern, copy the track you want to to have at the position of the source track, copy the source track back from the empty pattern to the destination track.

dissident 17 December 2018 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1291367)
If you copy a track nothing gets lost. Copy the source track to an empty pattern, copy the track you want to to have at the position of the source track, copy the source track back from the empty pattern to the destination track.

Yes, that's the way I also handle it. But it's a little bit circuitous to use an empty pattern for a track exchange. I thought, that there's an easier way, supported by the PT not using an empty pattern.

daxb 17 December 2018 15:17

I think the EXCHG button (right of pattern data) does not work or has no function. The EXCHG button in sample editor works but only for exchange sample number FROM TO. To exchange/swap two tracks I always used copy/paste like StingRay explained. MilkyTracker can do swap channels with right mouse button click in a track but using MT makes only sense if you use it for mod tracking.

dissident 17 December 2018 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by daxb (Post 1291383)
I think the EXCHG button (right of pattern data) does not work or has no function. The EXCHG button in sample editor works but only for exchange sample number FROM TO. To exchange/swap two tracks I always used copy/paste like StingRay explained. MilkyTracker can do swap channels with right mouse button click in a track but using MT makes only sense if you use it for mod tracking.

That exactly confirms my experiences with the PT. Exchanging samples via the EXCHG button works, but not for tracks. :(

dissident 11 March 2019 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissident (Post 1291392)
That exactly confirms my experiences with the PT. Exchanging samples via the EXCHG button works, but not for tracks. :(

Alternatively for changing tracks OctaMED can be used which supports this feature.

dissident 21 November 2020 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissident (Post 1310217)
Alternatively for changing tracks OctaMED can be used which supports this feature.

Well, I found a solution for this problem on the PT. Block-Cut/Copy and Track-Cut/Copy use different buffers. Using this behaviour it is possible to exchange tracks. Just cut/copy the first track you want to exchange so it's saved in the track buffer. Then mark the whole second track as a block and cut/copy it, so it's in the block buffer. Then paste the content of the track buffer on the second track and paste the content of the block buffer at the beginning on the first track. That's it. ;)