English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Apps (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Resource, Devpac and ArgAsm (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=10335)

Forger 28 June 2003 09:59

Resource, Devpac and ArgAsm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any of these three programs
kicking around?

- Resource 5/6
- Devpac 2/3
- ArgAsm

First one's a disassembler, and the others are assemblers.

... if you care for an explanation... ;) ...

I used to program on the Amiga years ago... but then I sold my Amiga and got an IBM... Well, now I am sort of "getting back" into the Amiga using WinUAE. And man, with all the supposed advances, etc. I still like AmigaDOS *MUCH* better than MS DOS... and 68000 assembly much better than 8086. So what I was wanting to do is disassemble (using Resource) Devpac and ArgAsm and kind of combine the speed of ArgAsm with the .. um.. i dunno.. the "feel" of Devpac... and plus have a lot of fun doing it ;)

Anyways, thanx in advance

khephren 28 June 2003 11:25

Asm-One was the best one. Think it's still around by TFA now.

Before that I used CygnusEd to write the code and had a macro that ran the DevPac assember.

ArgAsm is fast but crap editor, same as DevPac really. Sure those precious few seconds are worth the task?

To disassemble a program PROPERLY, the executable needed the DEBUG segment but only a really crap coder would leave that in on release.

Forger 29 June 2003 03:30

Ya, I'd use CED to edit and have a CLI in the background to assemble and test programs. As for Asm-one... I never liked it, actually. But it might be interesting to tear apart, too ;) Fun fun fun!

Frazor 29 June 2003 22:36

Hi,

I post Resource 6.0 and Devpac 3.18 in the Zone.
Good Luck ;-)

I also used CygnusEd with some macro to edit and compile.

Forger 30 June 2003 04:32

Hey, thanks a lot - I really appreciate it!

Now it's time to dig out my old Amiga programming books ;)

I didnt want to give them away with my system, so now I'm reeeeally glad I kept them...

Thanx again!

andreas 10 July 2003 10:13

Quote:

Originally posted by khephren
ArgAsm is fast but crap editor, same as DevPac really.
It should have been better named ArghAsm then. :laughing

khephren 10 July 2003 17:38

Sure it was only popular because it was by Jez Sans (if I remember rightly).

Being a hypocrite since I used AsmOne because it was by sceners.

Quote:

It should have been better named ArghAsm then
So if it had serial assembling, it would be multiple ArghAsms.

Shit that sounded better in my head ;)

kamelito 19 May 2006 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forger
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any of these three programs
kicking around?

- Resource 5/6
- Devpac 2/3
- ArgAsm

Hi,

I do have argasm somewhere feel free to ask if you still want it. Its probably not the last version though.

kamelito

Galahad/FLT 19 May 2006 23:20

Argasm is bugged, many better assemblers available such as PhxAss and Barfly

kamelito 20 May 2006 10:29

What about Trash'mone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Argasm is bugged, many better assemblers available such as PhxAss and Barfly

Hi,

I do agree, its very buggy I wonder how Argonaut Software manage to produce games using it...

Anyway I mostly used Devpac and a little less ASMOne, does anyone have Trash'mone so I can have a look. I read that's its not as good as ASMone.

Regards,
Kamelito

alexh 20 May 2006 22:57

Somewhere I have the source code for ARGASM. Including the cross assembler to make 65816 binaries on the Amiga...

Will look out for it.

[Edit] Found the source code to StarFox and StarFox2, not found ARGASM yet

kamelito 30 October 2012 19:27

Bump, any news about the sources?
Kamelito

alexh 30 October 2012 20:35

All the disks of around that time I believe are dead, they do not read in the Amiga. Or they might have been over written for use with SuperMagicom :(

It is afterall 14 years since I last worked there and 18+ years since the disks were last used.

I took a look today and all I could find on my HDD was the Argasm User Manual in TXT format (which is already available on the internet) and the Argasm-SuperFX (ARGSFXX.exe) for what looks like OS/2 (just the assembler, not the linker).

I can scan you the (non functional) disk if you wanted to see what it looked like?

copse 02 December 2012 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexh (Post 847858)
All the disks of around that time I believe are dead, they do not read in the Amiga. Or they might have been over written for use with SuperMagicom :(

It is afterall 14 years since I last worked there and 18+ years since the disks were last used.

I took a look today and all I could find on my HDD was the Argasm User Manual in TXT format (which is already available on the internet) and the Argasm-SuperFX (ARGSFXX.exe) for what looks like OS/2 (just the assembler, not the linker).

I can scan you the (non functional) disk if you wanted to see what it looked like?

Any chance you can send them maybe to Prowler or someone else who maybe able to get them working?

prowler 02 December 2012 23:12

I would certainly be willing to give them a try, but if Alex says they're dead, then you really should expect it to be a hopeless task. :sad