English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB File Server (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Updated WHDLoad Demos/Games pack. (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=68704)

Galahad/FLT 27 April 2013 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 884210)
Just had a check to fix thig. Virocop is there as far as I can see (might have been added later on though) and I can not find a non AGA version of Primal Rage anywhere. Not by Retr0 or killergorilla.. Is there one?

Primal Rage was only released as AGA, however, its nothing of the sort, it just needs the same memory as an A1200, if you've got a 2meg chip ram machine thats ECS, apparently it runs fine.

lesta_smsc 27 April 2013 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 884265)
Primal Rage was only released as AGA, however, its nothing of the sort, it just needs the same memory as an A1200, if you've got a 2meg chip ram machine thats ECS, apparently it runs fine.

So if this is only a memory requirement, would there be a possibility to say do a 'hack' to allow it to run on the 1MB Amigas?

Djay 27 April 2013 03:41

Thanks for this... grabbing Demos right now...

Galahad/FLT 27 April 2013 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesta_smsc (Post 884266)
So if this is only a memory requirement, would there be a possibility to say do a 'hack' to allow it to run on the 1MB Amigas?

no, you need 2 meg total for it to run.

lesta_smsc 27 April 2013 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 884300)
no, you need 2 meg total for it to run.

Bummer... I guess a trap door upgrade for my A600 might be cheapest option (if I want to keep PCMCIA slot free for anything).

As in PCs you can create 'RAM' by using HDD space, is there a possibility to do the same for Amiga?

Galahad/FLT 28 April 2013 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesta_smsc (Post 884380)
Bummer... I guess a trap door upgrade for my A600 might be cheapest option (if I want to keep PCMCIA slot free for anything).

As in PCs you can create 'RAM' by using HDD space, is there a possibility to do the same for Amiga?

primal rage is really not worth the effort you think it is, its a shit game

lesta_smsc 28 April 2013 00:29

Galahad ... hahaha! I shall take your word for it! I assume it is not to the standards of Killer Instinct!

Turran 02 May 2013 17:39

New update on its way up.

This is probably the last full package and is named 1.0. I'll do update packs when ever there have been a sufficient number of updates available so that people do not have to download it all again. RetroPlay and the WHDload coders (?) has been busy lately (thanks) so I do not think that will be an issue =)

I had problems with EmeraldMinesCD in the AGA collection. It is over 50.000 files and my PFS3-AIO filesystem disks on my Amigas always complained about something in that drawer. I chose to .ZIP the whole folder. Its still in the AGA collection under E, so just extract that if you want/dare.

If you want to keep updated yourself with RetroPlays updates, this 1.0 package contains all updates up to and including:
2013-05-01 LegendOfDjel_v1.0_1934.lha

/Turran

hansel75 02 May 2013 18:25

Great work Turran, once again thanks a lot!

Retroplay 02 May 2013 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 885469)
I had problems with EmeraldMinesCD in the AGA collection. It is over 50.000 files and my PFS3-AIO filesystem disks on my Amigas always complained about something in that drawer. I chose to .ZIP the whole folder. Its still in the AGA collection under E, so just extract that if you want/dare.

The dreaded Emerald Mines CD, it took ages to compress, first as .lzx because LhA didn't like it at all (too many files I guess), then as a .zip per request from Hungry Horace for use in the online FS-UAE db IIRC.

Oh and it's not AGA, it should work fine on OCS/ECS too. :)

thevoice 02 May 2013 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroplay (Post 885484)
The dreaded Emerald Mines CD, it took ages to compress, first as .lzx because LhA didn't like it at all (too many files I guess), then as a .zip per request from Hungry Horace for use in the online FS-UAE db IIRC.

Oh and it's not AGA, it should work fine on OCS/ECS too. :)

it looks like amiga lha can handle up to 10000 at max.
i gave a few attemts to .lha the title aswell and always ended with 10000 files in the archive :banghead

so emerald mines cd is the lonely .zip archive in my entire .lha collection :crying

TCD 02 May 2013 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroplay (Post 885484)
...then as a .zip per request from Hungry Horace for use in the online FS-UAE db IIRC.

It's for his own 'Amiga online' project (which uses FS-UAE). Just to make sure people understand that it's not related to OAGD.net ;)

Retroplay 02 May 2013 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevoice (Post 885496)
so emerald mines cd is the lonely .zip archive in my entire .lha collection :crying

There's always the better compressed .lzx archive on the file server if you want to keep it "Amiga clean", so to speak (no evil zips :evilgrin). :cheese

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 885505)
It's for his own 'Amiga online' project (which uses FS-UAE). Just to make sure people understand that it's not related to OAGD.net ;)

My bad, things got mixed up. :D

Turran 03 May 2013 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroplay (Post 885524)
There's always the better compressed .lzx archive on the file server if you want to keep it "Amiga clean", so to speak (no evil zips :evilgrin). :cheese

Good point. I have no idea why I zipped it when I have the original archives from you in another folder...

Enverex 03 May 2013 18:10

Just a thought, but do you have the files somewhere that they can be rsynced from? That way updates would actually only require minimal bandwidth...

EDIT: Ah crap, I didn't realise that each game isn't individually zipped up. Do you happen to have them in that form? (keeps them tidier, plus you can boot them directly with FS-UAE).

TCD 03 May 2013 19:56

Why don't you just get them from Retroplay's folder on the FTP then? That's exactly what you describe ;)

Enverex 03 May 2013 20:19

Because I'm blind. I missed the "I haven't done anything other than extract them" part of the original post. I had thought it was the originals + Retro's + more.

I blame lack of sleep, plus excitement of a nice Arcade setup that works!

TCD 03 May 2013 20:31

No worries :) Just read your post and thought you might have missed that this is a pack of all available WHDLoad pre-installs and you can still use the source for updates.

TjLaZer 04 May 2013 07:19

Whats the images.rar file?

Turran 04 May 2013 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjLaZer (Post 885789)
Whats the images.rar file?

Images =) As described in the first post.

As for the zipped versions, this pack is not for you. Just grab the entire collection from killergorilla (http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/) and Retroplay from the EAB FTP and you're set. Well, almost. You have to sort out all the old versions from Killergorilla and those from Retroplay as well, as I think the older versions are stored on the EAB FTP as well.

Personally, I have them stored on my linux server where I do all the work/sorting/unpacking. Using MiamiDX (yes, I know its not the fastest), I sync them to my amigas with "Backup" from http://www.onyxsoft.se/backup.html

I then run the script:

Code:

cls
date
echo
echo "Backing up Demos"
SYS:Programs/Backup/Backup SOURCE SMBFS:GamesDemosImagesMusic/Demos_WHDLoad TARGET Work:Demos_WHDLOAD CLEAN BACKUP AUTOQUIT FORCEDELETE

echo "Backing up Games"
SYS:Programs/Backup/Backup SOURCE SMBFS:GamesDemosImagesMusic/Games_WHDLoad TARGET Work:Games_WHDLOAD CLEAN BACKUP AUTOQUIT FORCEDELETE

echo "Backing up AGA Games"
SYS:Programs/Backup/Backup SOURCE SMBFS:GamesDemosImagesMusic/Games_WHDLoad_AGA TARGET Work:Games_WHDLOAD_AGA CLEAN BACKUP AUTOQUIT FORCEDELETE

echo "All done!"
echo
date

Of course, I've mapped the shared linux drive to SMBFS: on the amiga first.

Yes, it takes a few hours to run through, but its fire and forget so I just do it over night.

I'm working on a C64 pack as well. Downloaded all the D64 images and is sorting through the millions of dupes... Not really the correct forum for it.