English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wishlist... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=10357)

fisken uno 30 June 2003 01:20

Wishlist...

A few requests, if anyone feel in the mood to be generous. I'd like WORKING Whdinstalled versions of the following games:

-Persian Gulf Inferno
-Captive
-Dogs of war
-Moonstone
-The Humans

Have tried to install them on my own but I can't seem to find the working images...

rattus 30 June 2003 01:54

I have The Humans! although I haven't been able to test it yet... It's in The Zone for you or anyone else who wants it :)

EDIT: ack! I seem to be having trouble uploading! I will try again tomorrow if no one else has posted it before then. sorry mate

fisken uno 30 June 2003 13:52

I found Captive, so there's no need to upload it. Still looking for the other games I mentioned, though.

haynor666 30 June 2003 17:45

Persian Gulf Inferno and Dogs of War You have in the zone now.;)

BippyM 30 June 2003 18:09

Find the rest in the zone (Moonstone and Humans :))

fisken uno 30 June 2003 19:04

Thank you guys, you are just wonderful!! Generousity is a quite common feature of this board, though not so common in "real life". Heh.

haynor666 30 June 2003 19:51

You are lucky ! I'm still waiting for some games that I posted long time ago.

fisken uno 30 June 2003 20:40

Which games were you looking for? Maybe (but probably not) I have them... Then again the games I'm asking for are probably not among the very "rare" ones. Only very difficult to find if you don't own the originals anymore. Right now I'm hunting for Escape From Colditz - just another game I used to own. I've still got that big book, though, that was delivered in the box because I thought I would read it one day... ehh.

I had some probs with Dogs of war. When I'm supposed to press 1 or 2 (for players) it doesn't react to ANYTHING. Except the quit key. It probably has to do with the fact that I'm using an emulator but I wonder if anyone knows if the emulator could be configured so that it works?? It reminds me of the problem I had with Pirates Gold (that I never managed to solve).

fisken uno 30 June 2003 20:42

Oh, just pointing out that when talking about Escape From Colditz as "difficult to find" I mean a WHDl installable version. The Skid Row crack is quite easy to find. I hate cracks.

haynor666 30 June 2003 21:03

In the zone.;)

I'm still loking for Last Ninja 3, All Terrain Racing and Traps'n'Treasures but only from original disks.

fisken uno 30 June 2003 21:19

Original disks... That's always the problem. Sorry, wish I could help ya but I can't. But thanks for Colditz!

haynor666 01 July 2003 08:34

Just one question fisken uno. Do You have any original games ?
If yes, then You could make some WHD installs.

fisken uno 01 July 2003 10:58

1) The amiga originals I have are already IN installs. See, I sold my own a500, along with all games etc, several years ago so I'm basically "hunting down" everything I used to own. Selling that machine is one of the most stupid things I've done in my entire life.

2) Aren't some coding skill required in order to create WHD install scripts? Though my brother's a programmer I've never really understood "code twitching"; I like playing the games better - heh.

haynor666 01 July 2003 11:03

For scripts - no. It's a simple language but as for the slave...

bloody hard for me:(