English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.CD32 Conversion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   CD32 NV-RAM Save Blocks Project (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93604)

Amigajay 29 July 2018 23:08

CD32 NV-RAM Save Blocks Project

Glen M 30 July 2018 15:14

I'll have a look at a few later tonight and post some results.

wairnair 02 August 2018 11:59

Fightin Spirit can save the game config to NVRAM for which it uses 29 blocks. You have 'no' in the spreadsheet.

wairnair 02 August 2018 12:01

Zool 2 saves high scores, 12 blocks.

Amigajay 02 August 2018 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by wairnair (Post 1258306)
Fightin Spirit can save the game config to NVRAM for which it uses 29 blocks. You have 'no' in the spreadsheet.

Thanks, does it give an option to save in-game or does it do it automatically?, i didn’t notice after a quick playtest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wairnair (Post 1258307)
Zool 2 saves high scores, 12 blocks.

Thanks, i will update the spreadsheet with these. :great

wairnair 02 August 2018 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1258311)
Thanks, does it give an option to save in-game or does it do it automatically?, i didn’t notice after a quick playtest.

Err, I think the stock cd32 game can't save anything, I've just tried and it doesn't. I do have a "Game configuration" file under a folder "FightinSpirit" in my nonvolatile folder that I setup on my CF so that's where the info is from. It must've been whdload I guess. So sorry, the answer is 'no'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1258311)
Thanks, i will update the spreadsheet with these. :great

Now after all this I double checked the stock Zool 2 cd32 game and it saves as I previously wrote so this one's OK.

Graham Humphrey 03 August 2018 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wairnair (Post 1258366)
Err, I think the stock cd32 game can't save anything, I've just tried and it doesn't. I do have a "Game configuration" file under a folder "FightinSpirit" in my nonvolatile folder that I setup on my CF so that's where the info is from. It must've been whdload I guess. So sorry, the answer is 'no'.

No, I actually think you were right first time. I've just checked my real CD32 and it saves the config file into the NV-RAM, 29 blocks as you say. I think it does this automatically when you change the game options as there's no specific option for loading and saving.

I've also been playing Donk: The Samurai Duck, and that uses 8 blocks per save slot. The game lets you use up to three save 'slots' and the load/save screen is accessed manually on the map screen.

Glen M 03 August 2018 14:18

Just a little point to add which I thought interesting. I was palying some fightin spirit from disc last night but my CD32 doesn't really like the burned disc so I got fed up with loading times and booted it from WHDLoad instead. Much to my surprise though the game running from WHDLoad must have read the saved data from the NV-RAM as all the same options were already in place.