English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   PowerCopy Pro (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=59034)

Supamax 01 May 2011 17:42

PowerCopy Pro

For Galahad/StingRay/anybody has the time and will to do it...

Hi mates :),
could you find some time to deeply analyze PowerCopy Pro, and possibly create a fully cracked version?
I remember that Galahad and StingRay partially overcame some protections (but not all of them)...
It would be sooo great to have a 100% working latest version! :bowdown

StingRay 01 May 2011 17:48

I already spent quite a bit of time on that one, will finish it one day. Protection is quite good so it's not too easy to do a 100% crack.

Hewitson 02 May 2011 04:13

What advantages has this software over X-Copy?

dlfrsilver 02 May 2011 12:37

ALL advantages, everything. Being able to copy multi-syncworded MFM format games ; the standard ability to copy truely The RNC copylock protection better than any other software.
also the ability to create disk images (very cool for making images on amiga first, then zip and decompress them back under winuae for extended ADf creation. the only limit for copying disk is the ability of your disk drive in write length.

X-copy is very rudimentary aside Powercopy. Powercopy is the über top in disk copy.
Most extended ADF i put in the zone were made with powercopy for example.....

mr.vince 03 May 2011 11:58

I also remember Geoff Lohere offering to strip the protection for some amount donated. At the time he asked for this he was very ill and needed the money so... I am here and happy to donate some bucks... Who's next?

dlfrsilver 03 May 2011 12:52

he was asking 10000 bucks. that's way above everyone here can give :(

StingRay 03 May 2011 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 753601)
he was asking 10000 bucks.

ROTFL. :nuts For 10k someone could as well completely recode PowerCopy from scratch. Anyway, I'm currently working on PowerCopy again, I have several ideas how to beat the protection, just a matter of trying them (and creating the required code). :)

prowler 03 May 2011 19:33

Go, StingRay, Go!!! :great:great:great :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

StingRay 04 May 2011 10:07

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached a version of PowerCopy cracked by yours truly. :) It works OK for me but if you encounter any problems let me know. Have fun. :)

kipper2k 04 May 2011 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 753776)
I have attached a version of PowerCopy cracked by yours truly. :) It works OK for me but if you encounter any problems let me know. Have fun. :)

Nice work :great:great

dlfrsilver 04 May 2011 18:32

I'll test it ASAP !!!

EDIT : it works great indeed !!! The test with twinworld has proved right. Now even people who have copy protected disk and modified will be able to create extended ADF
of their games if required, and each of my own ADF and own parameters can be now put online :)

prowler 04 May 2011 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 753776)

Respect! :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

dlfrsilver 04 May 2011 20:12

Yes i think that now we should sent big big greets and thanks to Stingray, because it's really cool of him to make this release for us !!!

Wiking67 04 May 2011 20:16

Nice one

fryguy 04 May 2011 20:57

Cool! But i suppose it requires hardware too?

kipper2k 04 May 2011 21:06

check out this link

http://www.lohrere.com/powercopy.html

Does this require a dongle like xcopy ?

prowler 04 May 2011 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipper2k (Post 753856)

Hehe, PowerCopy author is a local lad! :D

StingRay 04 May 2011 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryguy (Post 753855)
Cool! But i suppose it requires hardware too?

Nope, it works without hardware too. Otherwise I would not have bothered cracking it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipper2k (Post 753856)
Does this require a dongle like xcopy ?

See above. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 753858)
Hehe, PowerCopy author is a local lad! :D

He isn't, he is from Australia. ;)

musashi5150 04 May 2011 21:41

Another reason to worship at the altar of StingRay :D

@dlfrsilver
Have you peeked at the contents of your Powercopy cart? Most likely a dump protected IC?

dlfrsilver 04 May 2011 22:14

The chips inside the powercopy dongle are scratched on top, meaning that only with my disoldering gun i would then be able to test and find what they are with my WELLON VP-490 eprom reader/burner.

But for the moment i need to find a way to display my crackdown sega system 24 arcade board on a TV (it use 24khz screen refresh and the TV and supergun use 15khz so i guess a RGB downgrader maybe :P)

I will post piccies of the dongle board and try to read the chips... who knows :D

EDIT : Note also that powercopy is natively copying from disk to disk ANY game using RNC Copylock, just try it with a game protected with one of it like Rick dangerous, R-type 2, Rainbow Islands, hop 2 fingers in the nose !

Note 2 : the RNC copylock copying doesn't work in disk imaging on hard drive mode.

Note 3 : Plenty of very nice games zoned ready to be copied back with powercopy :)