English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Best Amiga GREMLIN games (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64853)

Zetr0 26 June 2012 14:08

Best Amiga GREMLIN games

Hello my fellow EAB'ers

I will be attending Games Britannia's games expo with some systems on display'n play next month and the original GREMLIN team are going to be there - so I would like to ask you all what are your favourite Amiga / Spectrum / C64 GREMLIN games!

I will then put them on my 8MB A500+ (with HDD) / Spectrum and MMC-IDE for much gaming and discussion.

So please let me know your favourites.

(no this does not mean little green gremlins :p)

A little about Gremlin Interactive
A list of Games by Gremlin

If anyone has any questions they would like to put to the Gremlin team I can forward these to the QA interviewer =)

Redwood 26 June 2012 14:24

Super Cars and Super Cars II!

Also liked the intro on Venus the Flytrap but didn't get far in the game.

Zetr0 26 June 2012 14:27

I have to admit, I think Super Cars II is my favourite!

Retroplay 26 June 2012 14:33

Off the top of my head, these immediately comes to mind.
Amiga:
Lotus, Super Cars, Venus The Flytrap, Videokid
C64:
Future Knight, Auf Wiedersehen Monty, Monty on the Run, Trailblazer

john4p 26 June 2012 14:45

Lotus I-III, Super Cars I&II, HeroQuest I&II, Harlequin

seuden 26 June 2012 14:57

I absolutely love the intro on Venus the Flytrap, the music especially is a masterpiece imo. I'm also a fan of the first three Premier Manager games.

darkwave 26 June 2012 15:01

Surely Zool? It may not have been the greatest platform game but it's a pretty significant Gremlin title. I still have a soft spot for it despite its faults.

I'll be at Games Britannia as well. Whereabouts will you be Zetr0? I'll sneak away from our area to say hi and get a bit of Amiga gaming in. :)

Zetr0 26 June 2012 15:18

@darkwave

Are you displaying / helping out at the event too?

AWESOME!

deg 26 June 2012 16:04

> If anyone has any questions they would like to put to the Gremlin team I can forward these to the QA interviewer =)

I would love to know what they are doing nowadays, hopefully they are all still creating and selling cool games? where do they work? what platforms are they working on (PC, Mac, iPhone, Android etc?). what kind of games are they making, still the quirky indie titles like bounder, trailblazer, jack the nipper etc?

> so I would like to ask you all what are your favourite Amiga / Spectrum / C64 GREMLIN games!

on c64, Thing On A Spring and Monty On The Run got the most play!

Thanks for posting Zetr0, I'm closeby in Notts and may make it on the Saturday

darkwave 26 June 2012 16:15

Yeah, our multiplayer Xbox game will be in the Replay Lounge and in the Indie Zone. There's so much awesome stuff going on I'm not going to want to spend any time at our own display! :laughing

Zetr0 26 June 2012 16:32

Quote:

Replay Lounge and in the Indie Zone
then my friend, we are bound to meet - I will be the big guy, glasses and about 10 billion things that need doing =D

darkwave 26 June 2012 16:42

@Zetr0 I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be the little guy with the long hair and two beards (you'll see what I mean!).

gimbal 26 June 2012 17:08

tough call between Super Cars 2, Hero Quest and Utopia.

I think I'll have to go with Utopia myself. I could spend hours and hours on that game and I still sometimes revisit it.

Graham Humphrey 26 June 2012 18:58

Space Crusade. Definitely Space Crusade. Also Shadow Fighter. And K240.

Also I like Bounder (why is there no Amiga version?) and Footballer Of The Year on the Spectrum.

Leffmann 26 June 2012 20:34

I liked Disposable Hero, Space Crusade and Supercars II.

Galahad/FLT 26 June 2012 20:43

switchblade 2, Lotus 2, Supercars 2.

Zool 1 or 2? Never, not in a million years, the hype wasn't worth it.

Coltch 26 June 2012 22:28

Monty on the run - insanely infuriating platformer with the best Sid tune ever!.

Batty on the Speccy was great and Lotus II is still fun to play.

Coagulus 26 June 2012 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltch (Post 825989)
Monty on the run - insanely infuriating platformer with the best Sid tune ever!.

Batty on the Speccy was great and Lotus II is still fun to play.

Batty was by Elite, do you mean Krakout?

Coltch 27 June 2012 01:32

Doh - meant Bounder (been playing Batty earlier today)

Lord Riton 27 June 2012 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 825943)
Space Crusade. Definitely Space Crusade. Also Shadow Fighter. And K240.

I really loved to play space cruisade too ! We played it with real figurines on a plateau with friends. When later it came out for the Amiga, i got it immediatly !
And i didn't get disapointed, it was really good on the Amiga too :)

I remember also playing K240, but somehow the game always crashed affter a longer game session. and i had the original game, no cracked version. Guess it worked better with a memory expansion, wich i had not at the time.