English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Metro Siege: new arcade quality a500 brawler! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98625)

Tsak 30 August 2019 00:32

Metro Siege: new arcade quality a500 brawler!
 
Pixelglass, in cooperation with BitBeamCannon and Enable Software, proudly presents 'Metro Siege': a brand new, 2 player co-op brawler in the works for Amiga 500 (512k chip+512 other ram)!

https://youtu.be/llil6dmnHJg

Three big crime lords have made a pact and are planning to take control of Metro City bringing chaos and anarchy to the streets! Assume the role of pro martial artist Alex, ex-cop Kim and a third -secret- character, cleanse the streets from the crime syndicate's thugs and face the three bosses in an epic fight throughout the city!

'Metro Siege' is an ambitious new Amiga brawler that draws inspiration from the great arcade beat'em'ups of the late 80s and 90s (like 'Final Fight' and 'The Punisher') as well as console titles like 'Streets of rage'.

Technically the game pushes the OCS to it's very limits, with a ton of colours and moving parts on screen, foreground and background parallax, as well as large player and enemy sprites. Special care has been given also to gameplay with both players and enemies having an astonishing number of moves and animations, ranging from your usual punch and kick combos to dodging, blocking, and counter-attacking! In addition to those, each characters features their own unique fighting style with moves like grabbing, throwing, stunning and epic specials!
Finally regarding controls, the game is made with 2 buttons in mind while the team is considering more options.

'Metro Siege' is currently a work in progress project. The footage shown in the trailer is from a prototype build, showcasing scenes from the first level, two playable characters, part of their moveset and a few enemies. Various elements remain still largely unrefined or are just placeholder (f.e. some of the voice sfx) and thus are subject to change as the project develops.

The team:

-Michael Parent: an extremely talented, professional pixel artist! Mike is the guy behind the original concept for 'Metro Siege' and the lead GFX atrist in our team!
-Alex Brown: the coder of our game! After the successful completion of 'Worthy', Alex’s new challenge is to bring the arcade quality vision of the team and make it fly on an Amiga 500!
-John Tsakiris: Sharing the bulk of the pixel art GFX workload with Mike! Also handling the sound and music for the game!
-Corey Annis: another great pro-pixel artist (and partner of Mike at BitBeamCannon)! Corey has recently joined the team and he'll be helping us with additional GFX work!

Links:

- Pixelglass' official page:
http://pixelglass.org

- Pixelglass at Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pixelglassamiga/

- Pixelglass' Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPR...Y__ypPTpjm7H_A

- BitBeamCannon's official page:
https://bitbeamcannon.com

- BitBeamCannon at Facebook:
https://web.facebook.com/Bitbeamcannon/

- BitBeamCannon's Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...hOZN_MmWreflmw

- BitBeamCannon's Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/bitbeamcannon

DamienD 30 August 2019 00:33

Nice stream tonight guys, good to see so many EAB friends viewing :great

...and as already mentioned in the other thread; well done alpine9000 and Tsak with all your vital contributions ;)

The game's going to absolutely rock!!!

trydowave 30 August 2019 00:34

really great stream. enjoyed it immensely. Amazing looking game and i cant wait to buy the super duper, deluxe edition boxed version :)

ExiE 30 August 2019 00:46

I would really like to know if there are so many more people with real (not emulated) non-AGA machines over AGA to justify the gfx and memory sacrifices

malko 30 August 2019 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1342149)
Nice stream tonight guys, good to see so many EAB friends viewing :great [...]

As well as some funny comments :)

Shatterhand 30 August 2019 05:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiE (Post 1342152)
I would really like to know if there are so many more people with real (not emulated) non-AGA machines over AGA to justify the gfx and memory sacrifices

Me!

I am worthy the sacrifice. :laughing

Retro1234 30 August 2019 07:22

Where can I find the stream ?

Steril707 30 August 2019 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiE (Post 1342152)
I would really like to know if there are so many more people with real (not emulated) non-AGA machines over AGA to justify the gfx and memory sacrifices

I reckon there a lot more ECS machines out there in the wild than there are AGA ones.
And why do you complain if this game looks better than most AGA stuff anyway... ;)

malko 30 August 2019 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by steril707 (Post 1342197)
i reckon there a lot more ecs machines out there in the wild than there are aga ones.
And why do you complain if this game looks better than most aga stuff anyway... ;)

+1

lovebus5 30 August 2019 08:49

Looking really good!!

Amigajay 30 August 2019 08:55

Amazing job to everyone involved in this project! Looks amazing and i’m sure will bring deserved attention to the Amiga scene with this and the other projects on the go.

Firstly i’m not moaning about the A500 version as clearly its pushing the hardware and looks set to be a stunning game, but the only downer from my point of view is the 320x191 playarea giving those pre Team 17 black bars top and bottom (or all bottom i think Alex said on Twitch atm) so...

This question to Alex, would it be possible to alter the game for faster machines (AGA+) to have the game full screen or at least 320x231 (25 for the HUD).

Just extending the skyview with those 40 pixels will greatly enhance the experience on a large screen with not a large black estate area.

Steril707 30 August 2019 09:06

@AmigaJay: From my perspective the problem here is not OCS, but to port the game to NTSC machines in future.

At least that's the reason why Inviyya is 192 pixels high. with just a logo displayed in the lower area.

Solo Kazuki 30 August 2019 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1342197)
And why do you complain if this game looks better than most AGA stuff anyway... ;)

Just SOME not most.

Really, don't mistake some not too good projects with real AGA games which use available resources. AGA have less restrictions, and with AGA game should look even better.

Let's say that's OCS good looking game, for AGA it's very dull.
It's said game have over 60 colors on screen, but Ruff'n'Tumble having about half of this is more colorful. All is in blue-brown washed palette and i suppose it's cooper gradient to maxing up color count.


Don't get me wrong. Game looks nice and it's really good looking OCS game. But not too good when comparing good using AGA games.

Retro1234 30 August 2019 09:43

Your about to get the best Beat em up on Amiga and your moaning about AGA? really?

alpine9000 30 August 2019 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1342204)
Amazing job to everyone involved in this project! Looks amazing and i’m sure will bring deserved attention to the Amiga scene with this and the other projects on the go.

Firstly i’m not moaning about the A500 version as clearly its pushing the hardware and looks set to be a stunning game, but the only downer from my point of view is the 320x191 playarea giving those pre Team 17 black bars top and bottom (or all bottom i think Alex said on Twitch atm) so...

This question to Alex, would it be possible to alter the game for faster machines (AGA+) to have the game full screen or at least 320x231 (25 for the HUD).

Just extending the skyview with those 40 pixels will greatly enhance the experience on a large screen with not a large black estate area.

Unfortunately I can't give you a straight answer right now for a few reasons (the main one being something like this is not a decision I could make alone!).

What I can say is, our goal is to make the best version of this game we can with the resources we have available and seeing as we are making it for you guys (the Amiga community) we really appreciate it when you take the time to provide thoughtful feedback and I promise we will seriously consider and evaluate all reasonable suggestions.

Amigajay 30 August 2019 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpine9000 (Post 1342210)
Unfortunately I can't give you a straight answer right now for a few reasons (the main one being something like this is not a decision I could make alone!).

What I can say is, our goal is to make the best version of this game we can with the resources we have available and seeing as we are making it for you guys (the Amiga community) we really appreciate it when you take the time to provide thoughtful feedback and I promise we will seriously consider and evaluate all reasonable suggestions.

No problem, don’t get me wrong i am hyped for this just as much as anyone else and fully support this project, it was just a general question, if it’s not possible or too much hassle then fair enough, just putting it out there and appreciate the efforts already going into the game :great

Solo Kazuki 30 August 2019 09:49

Yes, really... and not moaning but commenting "not too true" ideas.
Sorry, but cannot bear meaningless comment about "...most AGA..." subject.

Reason that some people are over-hyped with this game don't explain missing with the truth.

ExiE 30 August 2019 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1342197)
I reckon there a lot more ECS machines out there in the wild than there are AGA ones.
And why do you complain if this game looks better than most AGA stuff anyway... ;)

I do not doubt that many more OCS / ECS Amigas have been sold, but I believe that majority of active Amigans owns also AGA machines, not to mention that emulators could also handle both.

The game looks great, but the machine limits are clearly visible.

britelite 30 August 2019 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiE (Post 1342214)
The game looks great, but the machine limits are clearly visible.

Well, nothing's stopping you from making your own game targetting AGA-machines ;)

viddi 30 August 2019 10:04

Stunning! Need it asap! :D


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.05309 seconds with 11 queries