English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   SWOS Win32 Port - #swos2020 (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93856)

Playaveli 20 August 2018 01:18

SWOS Win32 Port - #swos2020
 
SWOS 2020 is the next project.

Right in time, zkz productions comes up with an incredible achievement... porting the whole game to modern Windows (win32).

http://fr.dxj.de:22520/data/button.p...&b=1&c=7a&.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcEdyksGzZI

http://files.swos.eu/pic/zkz_productions.png

FYI: It's the DOS version of SWOS that will be ported. The change back to AMIGA can hopefully be achieved by changing the game's resolution.
(DOS = 320x200 | AMIGA = 336x272)

To start off with, the focus right now is to port the original PC DOS game SWOS 96/97 to Win32. As you can see in the video, the start is very promising and the game works about 75%-80%.
- including full USB device support, in-game plug&play!
- online multiplayer (UDP... p2p client)
- title and menu music fully customizable with mp3s!


Feel free to comment, post ideas, discuss, ask questions... or just celebrate what is the best news for SWOS hungry people since god knows when! :P

Stay soci.... wait, no... Stay Sensible!! #swos2020

Hewitson 20 August 2018 07:18

Please don't restrict it to Window$ only. Mac and Linux ports would be great.

Playaveli 20 August 2018 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitson (Post 1262616)
Please don't restrict it to Window$ only. Mac and Linux ports would be great.

Taken into regard, thanks.
However, it will be playable on both of them via wineloader anyway.

van_dammesque 21 August 2018 21:33

Looks interesting, any other enhancements like player's value bug, difficuly being too easy?

Playaveli 21 August 2018 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by van_dammesque (Post 1263135)
Looks interesting, any other enhancements like player's value bug, difficuly being too easy?

Which value bug do you mean?
If you want values to rise, invest time in the tactic editor hunting green ticks, like good coaches are supposed to do... ;)
(Or just download custom tactics, having value rising ready for ya)


If you want more difficulty there are two ways:
- play career mode with only TRAIL and RESERVE players!
- play online vs. humans and compete in online leagues! :great

Some planned native enhancements:
- Sound (see video)
- USB device plug&play (see video)
- Saving longer clips and complete matches to file
- Online multiplayer

New video teaser available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un-e-nREn9c

van_dammesque 27 August 2018 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playaveli (Post 1263138)
Which value bug do you mean?
If you want values to rise, invest time in the tactic editor hunting green ticks, like good coaches are supposed to do... ;)
(Or just download custom tactics, having value rising ready for ya)

The bug where your player can score 50 goals plus in a season, win every title and your best striker only goes from 900k to 1.1M (Gordon Watson reserve striker at Southampton, IMO is the best striker!) :laughing
Others report players going down even if you win etc...

Playaveli 27 August 2018 23:00

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by van_dammesque (Post 1264690)
The bug where your player can score 50 goals plus in a season, win every title and your best striker only goes from 900k to 1.1M (Gordon Watson reserve striker at Southampton, IMO is the best striker!) :laughing
Others report players going down even if you win etc...

Sure, wrong tactics! It's not a bug. :)
Just try the one attached, and every value will go up. :great

Refer to page 19 in the manual (Tactical Hints & Tips):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lyg...uGTJ2YwM2/view

Playaveli 31 October 2018 21:55

1 Attachment(s)
If there is anyone willing to do some graphic work for SWOS 2020, you are very welcome to do so. Right now, we've programmed an adboard generator. So now we'd need some people to design new adboards for the game.
Original attached.
Dimensions are: 128x18. 128x6 is visual dimension
256 color palette, 16 colors used!

http://paul.swos.eu/sensi/img/SWOSban_3.gif

http://paul.swos.eu/sensi/img/SWOSban_2.gif

Of course, some AMIGA or Commodore adboards would be awesome.
Every adboard done will be available for SWOS 2020!

Current dev status:
http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/i...hp?board=168.0

Latest play test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FOrObdPJ8k

Authors will be credited!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04153 seconds with 11 queries