English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quick CD32 Survey (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=92532)

Amigajay 21 May 2018 12:28

Quick CD32 Survey

MickGyver 21 May 2018 12:36

Done! I hope it will see the light of day! :)

NeoHippie2016 21 May 2018 13:54

Done!

Lorfarius 21 May 2018 14:05

Completed!

Amigajay 21 May 2018 14:06

Cheers guys, getting some good feedback already.

MickGyver - it will happen, later issues of course depend on future support.

I will have a proper announcement probably in a couple of weeks, with the first issue not due till late August, so a little while yet, but things are already in motion, got some good guys helping on various things!

nujack 22 May 2018 00:57

Done. Hopefully the mag will be Reality some day. Good luck. :great

kriz 22 May 2018 17:44

Done :) Interesting..

thairacerjp 22 May 2018 21:24

Done ! wondefull idea, i will be the first to buy this cause we love the CD32, retrogaming is in the move, so let's go ! i just made some days ago a video anthology for the CD32 25 YEARS OLD, sorry, french only on subtitles, may be i could made in english ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwgryenDGQk

Havie 22 May 2018 21:43

Done too! Would be nice to have a new CD32 magazine.

Amigajay 22 May 2018 21:49

Thanks guys, has been a great response so far, if even half the people saying they will buy in the survey actually do it will surpass my initial hopes, so help spread the word!

I’m setting up a newsletter people can subscribe to from my webshop, which will explain more details with a f.a.q, but feel free to ask anything here for the time being.

phantomphanatic 23 May 2018 01:43

Completed. Sounds interesting.

dannyp1 23 May 2018 05:35

Done!

eteP 23 May 2018 08:17

Done, would be great to see a new CD32 mag! I fondly remember the CD32 Gamer days back in -94/95...

amiman99 23 May 2018 18:36

Done!

I wish the demo disk, if you have one, supports my rare NTSC unit, w/o me plugging the mouse and going through the boot menu.

Akira 23 May 2018 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiman99 (Post 1243284)
w/o me plugging the mouse and going through the boot menu.

You don't have to do that, you can use an ntsc/pal commandline switcher triggered by a CD32 button press on boot.

Clydos 24 May 2018 15:34

Reading here in EAB quite a time, but _this_ thread made me to finally register. :-) (coming from a thread at a1k.org which linked this thread).

Done! And really hoping to see that mag and being able to order it from Germany.

Amigajay 24 May 2018 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiman99 (Post 1243284)
Done!

I wish the demo disk, if you have one, supports my rare NTSC unit, w/o me plugging the mouse and going through the boot menu.

Unfortunately i cant guarantee NTSC compatibility due to the nature of most games being designed for PAL machines, i have put this in the f.a.q i will share shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clydos (Post 1243559)
Reading here in EAB quite a time, but _this_ thread made me to finally register. :-) (coming from a thread at a1k.org which linked this thread).

Done! And really hoping to see that mag and being able to order it from Germany.

Yes i will ship worldwide :great

Gordon 24 May 2018 16:26

Interested!

Will you accept bribes from the publishers in exchange for good reviews like the good old days?

Clydos 24 May 2018 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1243573)
Yes i will ship worldwide :great

:great Directly or through some local resellers?

Could we ask for how many have taken the survey so far and what you think how many issues will be produced (approximately)?

Amigajay 24 May 2018 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 1243575)
Interested!

Will you accept bribes from the publishers in exchange for good reviews like the good old days?

Lol no bribes, but the reviews will be fair and honest, like any format, if the game is rubbish then buyers should know regardless, they after all are paying good money, but the game cost will also be taken into consideration too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clydos (Post 1243576)
:great Directly or through some local resellers?

Could we ask for how many have taken the survey so far and what you think how many issues will be produced (approximately)?

Still planning things atm, directly for certain, but i have put in the f.a.q if any people want to group together in a certain country and forward to others to save on postage that will be an option on the store.
Regarding resellers, because the price i have in my mind wont give big profits, (I'm doing this for the love of it not for money) im not sure any resellers would be interested on such a small profit margin, but they are free to contact me and see what we can sort out closer the time.

Still getting responses coming in for the survey, its certainly been a great response, alot more people than i originally thought and I'm not just saying that.

Over 200 so far, with the majority being interested in buying in some way, so even if i get a quarter of that buying Issue 1 its a good start, but plenty of time to go to spread the word and bring in new CD32 owners from other retro scenes, the responses so far are just from the Amiga community.