English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Midnight Resistance WHDload Slave Update (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48790)

Hungry Horace 10 November 2009 01:25

Midnight Resistance WHDload slave v1.5 Beta 4 in The Zone

- Simple trainers on CUSTOM2 now included; support for both versions

=1 infinite lives
=2 infinite credits
=4 infinite ammo
=8 infinite money

- use combinations of the above to enable multiple trainers.

possibly more trainers for starting weapon choices if i can be bothered, although maybe this is enough?

TCD can you please delete beta 3 from the Zone thanks ;)

i think i will wait for more feedback before rushing out any further updates - i know the 2nd button stuff could take me a long time :)

TCD 10 November 2009 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Horace (Post 614208)
TCD can you please delete beta 3 from the Zone thanks ;)

Done ;)
Will have a look at Beta 4 asap :)

Retro-Nerd 10 November 2009 19:41

I've just completed the game with the Custom2=6 (credits+ammo) trainer. Works flawless. :great

But the highscore-saver (of course without custom2=x) doesn't work here. The game save no "MidnightResistance.highs" file.

TCD 10 November 2009 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd (Post 614459)
But the highscore-saver (of course without custom2=x) doesn't work here. The game save no "MidnightResistance.highs" file.

Yup, same here.

Retro-Nerd 10 November 2009 19:58

Tried it with a dummy "MidnightResistance.highs" file, no luck. btw: The highscore entry time is way too short. I'm not able to enter my 3 name letters with the stick. ;)

Hungry Horace 10 November 2009 21:26

obviously that version was uploaded just to check you guys were doing your jobs ;)

nah, silly error i thought i had corrected. I obviously didnt save the source before compiling last night.

beta 5 in the Zone. :)

edit: FYI i find 'nowritecache' the best way to test score-saving routines.

Retro-Nerd 10 November 2009 21:32

Now it works. Sweet! :)

Hungry Horace 10 November 2009 21:35

oh, TCD just reminded me, I included both versions of the game, and two .info files (one for each set of data) , just so that both versions get tested :)

TCD 10 November 2009 21:38

Okay, version 1 works with 'NOWRITECACHE' and no 'MidnightResistance.highs' :) Onto number 2 ;)
Edit : Number 2 works aswell.

Anemos 11 November 2009 00:31

good work! ;) Horace

PS.
CUSTOM1=1 is the brightness patch
CUSTOM2=1 is for cheats
dont forget it Anemos..

Hungry Horace 12 November 2009 02:54

can anyone tell me what the 'supercharge' weapon / upgrade actually does?

Retro-Nerd 12 November 2009 03:13

It upgrades the 3-way shot with bigger bullets.

Hungry Horace 12 November 2009 03:20

thanks R-N.

Looks like i've nailed that as well then. might be a few more trainers for you guys in the next few days if you are lucky :)

Hungry Horace 13 November 2009 00:03

Beta 6 is now in the Zone.

- Fixed a game bug which prevented player 2 (joystick 0) second weapon being used whilst moving.

- Second joystick fire-button now activates the second weapon (both players)

- 3 new CUSTOM tooltype for weapon selection.... i had wanted to make this player specific but that is proving trickier than I first thought.

- Trainers on CUSTOM3
0 = Nothing / 1 = Supercharge on
2 = Barrier on / 3 = Supercharge & Barrier on

- Trainer on CUSTOM4 sets Weapon 1
0 = None / 1 = Shotgun
2 = Blue thing / 3 = Auto
4 = Fire / 5 = Three-Way

- Trainer on CUSTOM5 sets Weapon 2
0 = None / 1 = Homing Missiles
2 = Nitro / 3 = Shower

Everything should be supported across both versions. Data for both is included in the .zip

Happy testing!

Edit: i've added a 68000 quit key, but i cant upload an update as i'm at work!

Retro-Nerd 13 November 2009 20:36

Quote:

- Fixed a game bug which prevented player 2 (joystick 0) second weapon being used whilst moving.

- Second joystick fire-button now activates the second weapon (both players)

- 3 new CUSTOM tooltype for weapon selection.... i had wanted to make this player specific but that is proving trickier than I first thought.

- Trainers on CUSTOM3
0 = Nothing / 1 = Supercharge on
2 = Barrier on / 3 = Supercharge & Barrier on

- Trainer on CUSTOM4 sets Weapon 1
0 = None / 1 = Shotgun
2 = Blue thing / 3 = Auto
4 = Fire / 5 = Three-Way

- Trainer on CUSTOM5 sets Weapon 2
0 = None / 1 = Homing Missiles
2 = Nitro / 3 = Shower
All trainers/2nd button support for weapon 2 seems to work, the player 2 fix too. :)

Hungry Horace 14 November 2009 14:44

a very experiemental CD32 patch has been put in the Zone. (.slave only in the .zip)

it works on my a1200, with a CD32 pad as intended
- Blue = 2nd weapon
- Green = Additional Jump Button
- Both inputs checked

however, using e-uae and a compatibility mode, the second fire button seems to do the action of both blue & green together.

I'd like to know if this is also the case on a real amiga with a non-cd32 second button (e.g. Master System pad)

Also whether this happens using just "second button" on winUAE instead of using "blue" (which i suspect will work fine)

Feedback on any combination will be really helpful thanks.... I suspect i will end up having to tooltype the cd32 button function. (no real biggie, but i'd like to check if its needed)

viddi 14 November 2009 22:07

Once again, thanks a lot for your update!! :great

Retro1234 14 November 2009 22:55

Thanks for all your updates haveing jump helps and second weapon, ive tried your latest slave on my Real A1200 with 2 button Sega mastersystem pad second button = Both jump and snd weapon
CD32 pad I couldnt get past the high score screen?

Hungry Horace 15 November 2009 00:18

Thanks for the feedback and reporting guys, especially those like TCD and Retro-Nerd who have given a lot of feedback throughout!

It seems there is an issue with detecting second button vs blue CD32 button - although they "should" be the same, they are not... when this new slave is used, you must be using a genuine CD32 pad layout... and generic 'second button' (e.g. UAE compatibility mode, or other joypad) has the function of both blue AND green (i.e. kjump and second weapon)

This means I am likely to tooltype the CD32 functions - so if you set CUSTOM1=2 CD32 pad mode will be enabled, otherwise the second button will function as it was before (Which should help with megadrive pads, UAE compatibilty mode etc)

Boo-Boo - as far as "not getting past the highscore screen" , i dont really understand? are you saying that you ould not hit 'red' / fire to start the game?

I had tested the slave on my own A1200 with a CD32 pad, and had no such problem, and also from other testers (via IRC) who tried with CD32 pads.

Retro1234 15 November 2009 00:31

Yeah strange what CD32 Pad do yo have?
The Red button just wont register with CD32 Pad on that screen? theres a couple of games that wont reconise CD32 pad but will reconise sega pad dont know if this is anything to do with it?