English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Breakpoint gone brokepoint... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=42947)

Shoonay 25 February 2009 14:30

Breakpoint gone brokepoint...

>>> From Breakpoint <<<

Breakpoint is facing its biggest challenge so far: In January 2009, our former main sponsors announced their quarterly financial statements for the Q4 2008. The repercussions of the global financial crisis now hit the demoscene with full force: our main sponsors won't be able to support Breakpoint 2009.

Please show your support for Breakpoint 2009. Here's what you can do:
  • If you can afford it, please go buy a supporter ticket now!
  • If you run a or work for a company that might be interested in sponsoring Breakpoint, have a look at our sponsoring section, tell them about it and try to make them sponsor some money (and possibly hardware prizes). If you need the official sponsoring brochure for that, contact main organizer scamp at scamp@untergrund.netscamp(at)untergrund.net(dot)net, and he'll mail you a PDF.
  • If you haven't done so, go buy your tickets to drive/fly/come to Breakpoint 2009. Really, there is no excuse for being a couch scener this time, we want every scener out there to come attend Breakpoint. After all, it's you, the sceners who are the most important aspect of the party.
  • If you are living outside Germany, how about convincing your local scene to attend Breakpoint? How about arranging a shared car oder bus trip?

StingRay 25 February 2009 16:07

Old news and BP has been secured already, everything is Under Control. ;)

Shoonay 25 February 2009 16:12

It is?
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the info Stingy, can't wait for the steamed transmission! :cool

StingRay 25 February 2009 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 515999)
It is?
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the info Stingy, can't wait for the steamed transmission! :cool

I don't know if there'll be a stream this year, move your ass and attend the party! :D

Shoonay 25 February 2009 16:17

It be *a bit* too far for me you know... I had troubles convincing meself to get to Kraków for the Amizaduszki last year, lol ;)

But I'm sure if they're covered everything, the stream will be available. :)

StingRay 25 February 2009 16:19

I don't know but it doesn't matter since I'll be there anyway \o/ :D

Shoonay 25 February 2009 16:20

Then get a camera, a cellphone, a laptop or something and streamline everything for us you lucky bastard you :p

Xenon 25 February 2009 18:14

I'll be this year at Breakpoint 09 ^^ . See you there :)

blade002 25 February 2009 18:33

Thats a big relief, because although i cannot afford to fly all the way over to Germany again (I was at BP 07) at this point in time, i would NEVER want demo scene parties such Assembly or Breakpoint to not have the funds to run. I may not be able to be there but that wouldn't stop me from helping :)

Thanks for the updates... all is well again!

Amiga1992 25 February 2009 20:03

Ever since the call for help was issued, BP was already secured. They might not have as many features as other years (like a stream), but the party was NEVER at danger of being cancelled or postponed.

Shoonay 25 February 2009 20:55

For once I'm glad I've posted such old news ;)

Also very happy the party will eventually take place, hoping the internet stream will be fully operational for all of us who can't come to da place.
Although the "streaming feature" was the last thing on the list of features they wanted to cover, I assume they did, since the whole "money bar" disappeared.

Photon 25 February 2009 21:55

NOBODY WOULD SAY "FULLY OPERATIONAL" IF THERE HADN'T BEEN STAR WARS!!

Just admit it. 8)

Shoonay 25 February 2009 21:57

I was thinking something like "I'm completely operational and all my circuits are functioning perfectleeeeeeee..." ;)

blade002 03 March 2009 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 516176)
I was thinking something like "I'm completely operational and all my circuits are functioning perfectleeeeeeee..." ;)

LOL.. i had a disk on the Amiga once that i think may have been a virus checker or something to do with Sysinfo that had that on its boot block :great

Shoonay 03 March 2009 11:51

@Blade: I had (have? ;)) a music mod with this sample. Pretty cool one for that time ;)

Skope 04 March 2009 12:42

That invitation demo is a straight kicker. Too bad I can't afford to go though.

StingRay 04 March 2009 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skope (Post 519222)
That invitation demo is a straight kicker. Too bad I can't afford to go though.

No beerz0rz for you then. :P

Shoonay 04 March 2009 13:44

I not drinkerz anywayz... :blased

Any news on the streamed transmission Stingy? ;)

Skope 04 March 2009 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 519257)
No beerz0rz for you then. :P

:crying