English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Where did your users names come from? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=15585)

Freakyweakywoo 13 October 2004 14:19

Where did your users names come from?

I was talking to Dast in the wee hours of the Morning and he said that he had done this thread before but it was in Off Topic. What a shame. It would have been a good thread to look back on

So now I am doing it again, there seems to have been lots of new members recently so this could make a nice ice breaker. The only problem is I'm not sure where this thread should live; I've chosen nostalgia and memories so that the thread won’t disappear again.

My user name was made up on the spur of the moment when I was signing up for a free email account back in 97-98, I wanted a name that hinted towards my personality and I've stuck with it ever since.

So tell us where did your user name come from?

Please :bowdown don't send me to offtopic, I want to live forever :bowdown

Jim 13 October 2004 14:42

Ummm. Mine came from my Grandad.

BippyM 13 October 2004 14:56

Back in about 95-96 I was getting into the BBS scene and I needed a nick!!

A friend called me Bippy and I added the M myself :D

It simply stuck!

fiath 13 October 2004 15:03

Fiath, short for Fiathiriel Clearwater, an Elf-wizard I played in Warhammer roleplay, quite some time ago...

I should change it to Fiathiriel really, people keep thinking I am a girl called Faith. :nuts

Edited: Talk of this got me interested in him again. I started using him after a warhammer "pre-written" adventure that you could purchase. So I went and looked him up... and wow! I just found his character sheet! Talk about nostalgia!

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...earwater&hl=en

Dastardly 13 October 2004 15:08

Nice to see this ressurrected Freakman :)

When I first got my PC (2001 I think) I was experimenting with the whole chat room thing Id heard about and needed a name. Everytime I tried to enter a name it came back 'Name already taken'. It gave me a list of names I could possibly choose from and there was 'Dastardly'. I picked it temporarily but ended up keeping it.

CodyJarrett 13 October 2004 15:12

In White Heat (1949), James Cagney is Cody Jarrett, a psychotic gangster with an Oedipus complex.

Galaxy 13 October 2004 15:21

Galaxy was a name I picked for no particular reason over 10 years ago when I created and released some emerald mine disks (hence the avatar).

darkwave 13 October 2004 17:04

My name came about when I needed to create an online alter-ego. It was a few years back, can't remember how many.

I needed something that would reflect my personality and also something which could possibly be used for more sensible purposes.
At the time I was learning Lightwave so I rather simply changed that to Darkwave. I probably thought it was very clever at the time. :D

Ash 13 October 2004 17:19

My favourite film character is Ash From the Evil Dead Series of films, see here, plus its my real name
:cool

CodyJarrett 13 October 2004 17:26

Groovy!

Axxy 13 October 2004 19:10

I lifted mine (Axxman) from an nickname that Jon North :bowdown (ZX Spectrum hacker) used as an alias, I suppose to make the POKEing scene more interesting :sleep (whatever happened to him?). Might bring some memories back for those who are old farts like me and remember uncle clives draught excluder ! :spin

Just tend to shorten now to Axxy

BippyM 13 October 2004 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodshed57
Mr Orgasm admits he is really the Loretto high school for girls Lacrosse team &

My site membership increases to over twenty REAL PEOPLE [considering there are 18 already thats not a bad offer and I know you want those pictures of that lacrosse team from Mr O don't you ;)

A cool thread FWW we need deeper secrets these I have mainly heard before :(

So I look forward to some real revelations :agree

I already know yours ;)

You lost your virginity in your woodshed when you were 57 :laughing

woody57 13 October 2004 19:22

we are going off topic I think BippyM

I think I better delete my earlier or this magnificent thread is going to colapse before it gets off the ground :(

That would be a shame as real reasons are being voiced :agree

Fred the Fop 13 October 2004 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bippym
I already know yours ;)

You lost your virginity in your woodshed when you were 57 :laughing

:lol...to his gay lover no less!

Arthur Two Sheds Jackson

Fred the Fop 13 October 2004 20:13

I got my first name, the only one changed by RCK, from Frederick the Great (fredtgreat). This brilliant piece of (shit) moniker creation is still my name at www.total-emu.org.
Then when I had my first stint as mod in 2001, RCk changed it to a less arrogant "Frederic". I was bored, since all you guys have cool names, and i am the resident kook on th e board, I decided to be my true self, Fred the Duck, another magnificently retarded manifestation of me.

Incidentally, Ian was "Iancharge", meaning "in charge", a clever (for 3 year old monkey retards) wordplay. Dizzy was once "Fat Transvestite Ho from Denmark", but this was shortened.

Mr Softy 13 October 2004 21:06

Nice to see this thread back!

Mister Softy (or Mr softy), my nick on the internet, is also my DJ and musician name. I took it in 2002 when I needed an alias, and it comes from a Cari Lekebusch track on his EP "4WD". I loved the name; it was kinda ironic since I played harsh stuff, and most of all I did not want to be called "DJ Whatever"... Sounds stupid if you ask me. :D

You can hear a small portion of the original "Mr Softy" track here (RealPlayer is needed).

My first internet nicks were "LFO" and "VCO".

Other Mr Softy's :D :

Here (Adult warning!)
Here
Here
:nuts

Dr. Dude 13 October 2004 21:18

Got Dude from the movie "hey dude, wheres my car" :cool
and the Dr. Came from a Tv spot. :nuts

So in the i ended up whit Dr. Dude

plasmatron 13 October 2004 21:25

From the brilliant C64 game PLASMATRON from CRL GROUP.
Nhhhhhhh???? Great ha???? :confused

kolorabi 13 October 2004 21:50

The first time I played Civilization was with a friend of mine (we bought it together), so our king had to be named something else than just my name (or his name). We decided to play as the Babylonians, and their leader was Hammurabi. Ofcourse, we had to change this into something more personal, so we changed it to Kolorabi, which is how someone from my area would pronounce the name of a particular vegetable.

I don't know why I decided to resurrect the name for use on forums and such, or when it happened. But anyhow, that's my story. I'm named after a vegetable.

Shoonay 13 October 2004 22:19

Well, as i shortly said in bippym's thread, my nick came out of my real first name, after a little trick with goin' backwards and writin' the name in english - as spoken.