English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Hardware (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   4xEIDE, Furia, WB3.1.4 issues (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98441)

haightc 13 August 2019 18:57

4xEIDE, Furia, WB3.1.4 issues

I've been trying to get my Amiga 600 to play nice with all my accessories but it's been a fight so far.

Even on workbench 3.1 I was never able to get to read CF card plugged into the PCMCIA adapter using FAT32. I want to be able to use an external CD-ROM so I purchased an 4xEIDE adapter but success has been some what limited. I have a stack of CF drives but none have been constistant bootable. I also had a few 44pin and 40pin DOMs lying around. The most consistent one has been a 32gb. I went up to 3.1.4 as 3.1 can see the full space of the DOM. None of the 44 pin DOMs will fit sadlt connected to the 44 pin port and I haven't yet wired up a a molex connector yet. So maybe the 40 pin will work better.

I have a few that when booting from the floppy it'll see some drives but it'll just hang at boot. So maybe it's that hanging extension in the kickstart. If this is the case can some one send me a modified rom or good instruction how to modify my existing rom.

I purchase am AMsider angle adapter from lotherek in hope that I that the 4xEIDE would fit better at an angle. It does but there an more electric on it than I expect and it makes the amiga hate what I plug in there even more.

I feel like I am running into a wall trying to get my 600 up and fully runnning.

Pollock 13 August 2019 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by haightc (Post 1338267)
I've been trying to get my Amiga 600 to play nice with all my accessories but it's been a fight so far.

Even on workbench 3.1 I was never able to get to read CF card plugged into the PCMCIA adapter using FAT32. I want to be able to use an external CD-ROM so I purchased an 4xEIDE adapter but success has been some what limited. I have a stack of CF drives but none have been constistant bootable. I also had a few 44pin and 40pin DOMs lying around. The most consistent one has been a 32gb. I went up to 3.1.4 as 3.1 can see the full space of the DOM. None of the 44 pin DOMs will fit sadlt connected to the 44 pin port and I haven't yet wired up a a molex connector yet. So maybe the 40 pin will work better.

I have a few that when booting from the floppy it'll see some drives but it'll just hang at boot. So maybe it's that hanging extension in the kickstart. If this is the case can some one send me a modified rom or good instruction how to modify my existing rom.

I purchase am AMsider angle adapter from lotherek in hope that I that the 4xEIDE would fit better at an angle. It does but there an more electric on it than I expect and it makes the amiga hate what I plug in there even more.

I feel like I am running into a wall trying to get my 600 up and fully runnning.

I had 2 Furias, great cards, but the only CF it would see is Sandisk. nothing else. It works fine, but it is picky about the CF card.

Sandisk :)

RenderEng 14 August 2019 05:44

Well to use the PCMCIA with Furia you need to hold CTRL+A+A for 4 seconds. Then you must make sure you have DEVS:compactflash.device and L:fat95 with this you can mount CF0

haightc 21 August 2019 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenderEng (Post 1338384)
Well to use the PCMCIA with Furia you need to hold CTRL+A+A for 4 seconds. Then you must make sure you have DEVS:compactflash.device and L:fat95 with this you can mount CF0

I had tried that already, no difference

haightc 21 August 2019 00:12

In theory there is a firmware patch that will solve the issue, I just have to be patient I guess.