English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AROS One x86 (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97987)

AMIGASYSTEM 04 July 2019 00:44

AROS One x86
 
1 Attachment(s)
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1582037962


Author: AMIGASYSTEM


AROS One x86 v1.3: New AROS x86 ABIv0 Distro based on the latest Nightly Builds which includes a "Drawer" Icons set created by me and configured with an AfA One style Wanderer (Workbench).

AROS One 1.2 includes all the latest software and updated to the latest versions, all the most common files have been associated with the most convenient tool on both Workbench and Dopus4.

At the first boot OWB will take some time to download and install the necessary fonts, the next starts will be very fast, the network has been preconfigured for a Virtual Machine, who will use a real PC will have to configure their network card.

AROS One x86 ABIv0 v1.3: Download

AROS One x86 ABIv0 v1.3 HardFile VirtualBox + Config: Download

Tutorial Video: AROS One x86 ABIv0 v1.3

Tutorial Video: AROS One Installation VMWare

Tutorial Video: AROS One Installation VirtualBox

Devlin 04 July 2019 02:43

It doesn't seem to successfully install in Oracle VM VirtualBox - after installation booting hangs on AddDataTypes with an Illegal Instruction

AMIGASYSTEM 04 July 2019 03:09

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Devlin (Post 1330551)
It doesn't seem to successfully install in Oracle VM VirtualBox - after installation booting hangs on AddDataTypes with an Illegal Instruction

I tried to do an installation with VirtualBox and I didn't find any problem!

Did you initialize the HardDisk as shown in the video? How did you set VirtualBox?

Devlin 04 July 2019 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1330555)
I tried to do an installation with VirtualBox and I didn't find any problem!

Did you initialize the HardDisk as shown in the video? How did you set VirtualBox?

That I did. I'm going to try again and see if it was just a hiccup. Do you have an MD5 of your iso that I can check my download against? It could also be a bad block in the DL somewhere.

AMIGASYSTEM 04 July 2019 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devlin (Post 1330558)
That Do you have an MD5 of your iso that I can check my download against? It could also be a bad block in the DL somewhere.


930c7117bd062cea75afe96d00e93fb6

Devlin 04 July 2019 12:32

It all matches up.

Guessing it was just a hiccup.

Dunny 04 July 2019 12:54

Are there any better themes for AROS? So far, every single screenshot I've seen has been hideous with so much cruft in the window decoration, garish icons and for some reason lots of women on the backgrounds.

AMIGASYSTEM 04 July 2019 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunny (Post 1330608)
Are there any better themes for AROS?

You just have to choose or create themes see screenshot :p

Quote:

So far, every single screenshot I've seen has been hideous with so much cruft in the window decoration
Even the eye wants its share, many liked it, tastes are subjective :agree

Quote:

, garish icons and for some reason lots of women on the backgrounds.
Not many done, but an old picture of my wife when we were young, the woman represents the beauty :agree

Devlin 04 July 2019 13:37

1 Attachment(s)
There's loads of varying quality. The one that seems to be the least janky and broken is the OS4 theme, though.

Attachment 63640

Hewitson 04 July 2019 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunny (Post 1330608)
Are there any better themes for AROS? So far, every single screenshot I've seen has been hideous with so much cruft in the window decoration, garish icons and for some reason lots of women on the backgrounds.

Well you could always replace them with some pictures of hot guys if you really wanted.

AMIGASYSTEM 04 July 2019 16:21

For the nostalgic there is also the Theme OS3 Classic :)

Dunny 04 July 2019 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitson (Post 1330640)
Well you could always replace them with some pictures of hot guys if you really wanted.

Yes, but there aren't any in any of the distributions I've looked at, and that's a problem.

Devlin 04 July 2019 17:28

Question: I've been tinkering around but no matter what I do I can't get DOpus and OWB to get off the main Wanderer screen - I tried putting away and dopus goes away until I restart it, but OWB just ignores that action entirely.

EDIT:: Figured it out. Hidden away in S:.backdrop were two lines pointing to the above. Removed the lines and all fixed.

Minuous 04 July 2019 20:03

@Dunny:

Seems to be a problem only for you...

AMIGASYSTEM 04 July 2019 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devlin (Post 1330656)
EDIT:: Figured it out. Hidden away in S:.backdrop were two lines pointing to the above. Removed the lines and all fixed.

Yes, I created the .backdrop file to have the shortcut of OWB and Dopus4 on the Workbench after the installation.

Instead of removing the ".backdrop" file you could simply disable the "Run NIL: Copy S:.backdrop SYS:" command from the "user-startup".

Dunny 05 July 2019 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuous (Post 1330678)
@Dunny:

Seems to be a problem only for you...

Well, if you have plenty then please do share.

AMIGASYSTEM 05 July 2019 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunny (Post 1330652)
Yes, but there aren't any in any of the distributions I've looked at, and that's a problem.

There is always a first time, the world is beautiful because it is different

Retro1234 05 July 2019 13:05

I remember booting without startup-sequence years ago and it looked like 3.x so its kind of strange that all this time later there no guides to customising Aros how you want instead of downloading these bloated versions.

AMIGASYSTEM 05 July 2019 13:30

You should check, there is nothing swollen, it's just the basic version Nightly Builds where I only added my icons (only folders) and my background, and some new applications, the themes are optional and are part of the base distro.
It is normal that without Startup-sequence is like OS3, AROS was built on the basis of OS 3.1

Retro1234 05 July 2019 15:09

Do you think there would be any interest in absolutely stripped down version looking the same as 3.x?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04817 seconds with 11 queries