English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   HOL news (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   www.classicamiga.com (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=34227)

Daff 13 January 2008 16:13

www.classicamiga.com

Hi,

Do HOL have a collaboration with www.classicamiga.com ? This website seems to have the same database.

Ian 13 January 2008 18:23

"To Lemon Amiga as we are currently using some game screenshots sourced from their site. These were used during site development for code testing purposes. These screenshots are slowly being replaced with larger higher quality screenshots of our own."

http://www.classicamiga.com/index.ph...255&Itemid=159

Duke 13 January 2008 21:20

lol @ larger, high quality screenshots. Lemon shots are all 320x256 which is the Amiga standard resolution used by most games.

Codetapper 14 January 2008 01:25

I'm not surprised the data is the same - Classic Amiga copies other sites data (including HOL) so I would expect it to be the same, even with the same mistakes HOL has! :)

Maybe they can upgrade their images to high quality 671 x 493 pixels for all their screenshots. That would be very useful.

frikilokooo 14 January 2008 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codetapper (Post 387259)
Maybe they can upgrade their images to high quality 671 x 493 pixels for all their screenshots. That would be very useful.

how that is possible?(I think just as Duke)

cv643d 14 January 2008 18:47

I much prefer sites with more personal views about why a game is good instead of boring facts about 1000:s of games. Before I read more on the site I just thought it was another MFA (Made For Adsense- site) with scraped content.

Graham Humphrey 14 January 2008 19:01

Slightly off-topic perhaps but I did start a thread not so long ago about Classic Amiga, I do recommend the forum so it is worth signing up (but please use the referral link in the thread mentioned above) :D

Dizzy 14 January 2008 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 387388)
Slightly off-topic perhaps but I did start a thread not so long ago about Classic Amiga, I do recommend the forum so it is worth signing up (but please use the referral link in the thread mentioned above) :D

attention whore ;) :laughing

why join a board that steal others work

Graham Humphrey 15 January 2008 00:04

Well that's not really any of my business and anyway it's a nice forum.

Muzkat 18 May 2008 03:35

The layout of their website is pretty and neat, I have to say.

BuZz 19 May 2008 22:53

Is it stealing ? I think copying is a better word. And such information if useless if you can't do anything with it. Can't we all share and get along ? :)
afaik classicamiga.com gives credit where due. I never had a go at anyone using information from our old games information list. That's what it was for!

sarek2k 02 August 2008 02:48

@BuZz how can you steal something that was never owned in the first place we've all done this to death it's time to get along as you say!

We're all Amiga fans at the end of the day and sharing data is ok by me!

@codetapper as a former friend and member ex or otherwise of your action group i am suprised by your reaction to all of this ffs get on and share!

as a friend of EAB and Classicamiga just lets get on!

DJBase 02 August 2008 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzkat (Post 414899)
The layout of their website is pretty and neat, I have to say.

Looks like crap on my amiga. I guees it uses CSS and such stuff.

Codetapper 02 August 2008 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarek2k (Post 439990)
@codetapper as a former friend and member ex or otherwise of your action group i am suprised by your reaction to all of this ffs get on and share!

as a friend of EAB and Classicamiga just lets get on!

In my opinion, if you are going to copy HOL data word for word, you should at least acknowledge the source. Many entries (including cheats I discovered while writing patches for games such as Yogi Bear and Friends in the Greed Monster) have been lifted except the credits which have been conveniently stripped off.

Sites like Lemon Amiga are considered as friendly partner sites to HOL as data is shared, links exchanged, and sources credited. ClassicAmiga.com just steals other peoples work and presents it as their own, end of story.

@sarek2k: If you want to hangout on a site that behaves like that, you're welcome to. But when your work is taken and pasted onto their site as if they wrote it, they are nothing more than pond scum!

Antiriad 21 September 2008 09:15

It is a polite courtesy to acknowledge your sources. Otherwise you are dishonestly claiming it as your own imho.

BuZz 21 September 2008 10:43

I do agree that if content from other sitres is used credit should be given