English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CD32 emu is out (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=2741)

XoreX 19 December 2001 14:54

CD32 emu is out

Good news! Free CD32 emu made by WindowsKiller
Project32 v1.0 is out! For now it supports these games:

Alien Breed Special Edition '92
D-Generation
Dark Seed
Deep Core
F17 Challenge
Fireforce
Fly Harder
Frontier - Elite 2
Global Effect
Gloom
GunShip 2000
IK+
James Pond 2 - RoboCod
Jungle Strike
Mean Arenas
Project-X Special Edition '93
Qwak!
Roadkill
UFO - Enemy Unknown
Whale's Voyage

Excelent news!

oldpx 19 December 2001 15:00

Where can it be downloaded from?

XoreX 19 December 2001 15:35

Here

RetroMan 19 December 2001 22:30

Hehe, I knew about this one before :) but anyway, it ROCKS :great

Akiko is dead, long live Project32 :D:D:D

lilalurl 19 December 2001 23:03

Wow.

Yesterday Daemon Tools v 300 with analogic audio support.

Now a free and excellent CD32 emu.

CD emulation is taken to higher grounds.

MethodGit 20 December 2001 01:16

A new Daemon Tools came out?! :eek

Be back with you in a moment!

*logs on to daemon-tools.com* :p

Amiga1992 20 December 2001 17:39

I am an ex-emulation user.... so, can anybody tell me wtf is Daemon Tools? I saw the news at an IRC chan yesterday....

Paul 20 December 2001 17:43

Think this link I just found with google may help
http://www.daemon-tools.org/main800.htm

Amiga1992 20 December 2001 17:57

Is this for 'playing' crap like Dragon's Lair?

oldpx 20 December 2001 19:07

Dragon's lair was not a good game because it was intended to be an interactive animation rather than a game. The man behind it is Don Bluth, one of the greatest animators ever,and in my opinion his movies kick disney's axx all the time :great but definitely his work is not exactly what the gamers are used to see :p

RetroMan 20 December 2001 19:19

Daemon-Tools are used to mount an ISO file of any CD on a virtual CD Drive, in that way you´re able to, for example, read your fav. game CD with CLONE CD and make an ISO out of it, then mount in Daemon-Tools and use it from your HD as if it was a real CD .... nice for mounting CD³² ISO´s and play them in the Emu :D:D:D Daemon-Tools can even bypass some security code on CD´s like Safe-Lock and so on .....

lilalurl 20 December 2001 19:30

Edit : looks like Retro-Man answered faster.

Many way of using Daemon tools especially with the new version.

To sum up, it allows you to use a CD image (Iso, Bin+cue, nrg (nero)) as it was a real CD.

First test the ISOs/Cue+bin you got. Instead of wasting one or more CD, you can run the images from the hard drive.

Then you can make a compilation of CDs. A game like The terminator : Future Shock only uses 98 Mb. So instead of using a whole CD, you can burn the Cue+bin image with other stuff on a cd. Then you'll select the cue file in dameon tools and your image will behave like the real CD would.
This might be useful when DVD-burner will be cheap.

And finally now that analogic audio has been implemented, you can run Dracula X : Rondo of Blood on Magic Engine.
The full image was unburnable (many people reported this) and ISO+mp3 just isn't fatihful enough.
So now you just have to run the image from your hard drive or a CD.

Amiga1992 20 December 2001 20:18

Quote:

Originally posted by lilalurl

And finally now that analogic audio has been implemented, you can run Dracula X : Rondo of Blood on Magic Engine.
The full image was unburnable (many people reported this) and ISO+mp3 just isn't fatihful enough.
So now you just have to run the image from your hard drive or a CD.

Seems useful, but I disagree with this last bit. I had a copy of Dracula X PCE for a long time now, and it was not burned from an ISO+MP3 thing, it was copied from an original. A friend of mine gave it to me. It seems the ISOs out there, or something like that , ws fucked, and that made it unburnable. My copy works fine except for a slight audio desyncing problem.

Dracula X PCE is the only CDR I have, mind you. When I shit money, perhaps I buy it :)

MethodGit 20 December 2001 20:37

When I try to run setup.exe after extracting the Daemon Tools zip, it complains that I don't have a USB supplement and therefore doesn't install. And I don't intend to use any USB-based device in the near future either. But I can simply bypass that restriction by running the installation program through the "Daemon Tools.msi" file. Is this the wrong way to do it?

lilalurl 20 December 2001 21:15

I guess you have Win95.

On the online manual (http://www.daemon-tools.com/daemon.htm) you can read :

"Windows 95 is supported since version 1.03.
But notice that you need at least Windows 95B with installed USB Supplement and at least Internet Explorer 4.x."

USB supplement is just a piece of program added in Windows since W95 OS-R2. There is a link when you click the phrase "USB Supplement" to download it.

Doing otherwise might lead you to some unexpected behaviours.

lilalurl 20 December 2001 21:22

Quote:

Originally posted by Akira

It seems the ISOs out there, or something like that , ws fucked, and that made it unburnable. My copy works fine except for a slight audio desyncing problem.

Dracula X PCE is the only CDR I have, mind you. When I shit money, perhaps I buy it :)

Yep, it is unburnable and yet fully playable with Daemont Tools. I guess the cue sheet might lacks something about TG16 TOC system or something like that.

I think the desync problem comes from the emu. Unless you tell me you tried it on your friend TG16 with the same problem.

As far as buying Dracula X : Rondo of Blood, I'm not ready to spend thousand of €.
It's a very good game but so rare that the price on auction sites is overrealistic.

On alt.games.castlevania some people have suggested that after the recent Castlevania Chronicles, Konami will release Dracula X : Rondo of Blood as the next "updated" old Castlevania.

Let's hope so.

MethodGit 20 December 2001 22:17

@lilalurl

Thanks very much for the tip - I've managed to find the USB thing it wanted. :great

Amiga1992 21 December 2001 18:37

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lilalurl
Quote:

I think the desync problem comes from the emu. Unless you tell me you tried it on your friend TG16 with the same problem.
Nope, I tried it only on CrappyEngine... I dont have a Duo yet. (planning to, DuoRX here I come :D)

Quote:

It's a very good game but so rare that the price on auction sites is overrealistic.
This is not exactly true. You can see MANY Dracula X games for auction on eBay, what keeps its price up, is teh demand. The game can be found but there's such a big demand that the price does not drop.

I'd pay up to 150 dollars, not more.

lilalurl 21 December 2001 20:05

Quote:

I'd pay up to 150 dollars, not more.
That's still a kind of hellish price for a game. (Not counting shipping).

Even some Neo-Geo carts are cheaper.

100 € would be the higher price I would pay. Even after finishing it I'm still ready to play it for hours as I would if I got it for the first time.

Or 150 € for a pack : Rondo of Blood (TG16) and Nocturne in the Moonlight (Saturn) (I'm still looking forward to play as Maria).

Amiga1992 21 December 2001 21:03

It's not that much for a brill game. Its the max price Id pay for a top rare game. Radiant Silvergun and Sapphire might fall in the same category.

Oh, and Aldynes :D

Please talk dollars, I dont know what an euro is worth :D