English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Looking for a game name ? (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stupid AI after copyprotection removal. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=11712)

Radgam 24 October 2003 18:25

What was the name of the game...

Sorry this description is so vague but I’ve heard of this game from time to time but never taken much notice...

There was a game released on the Amiga where the AI became really stupid after the copy protection was removed and enemies just walked in straight lines, etc. Anyone know it's name? The non-cracked version of the game was quite good apparently.

killergorilla 24 October 2003 20:21

I know for a fact IFW knows the answer to this because he was talking about the game on irc ages ago. Trouble is I can't remember what the bloody game was!

Come on IFW, if you're out there, just this one nugget of info and I'll think about buying you that caravan you've always been after. :D

Djay 24 October 2003 22:25

I remember Gods *doing* this, i remember reading something by the guys who did the copy-protection...

BippyM 24 October 2003 23:13

Gods became ridiculously difficult :(

Galahad/FLT 25 October 2003 14:25

Gods..

The AI in Gods didn't get simplistic:

1). Enemies took more hits to destroy
2). Extra Lives couldn't be picked up.

Thats what I remember off the top of my head.

andreas 25 October 2003 18:27

Well I fear this is again getting too much OT, but what the heck...

My GODS version (cracked too, don't remember the group tho) got difficult as HELL in cracked state (enemies needed 15 (!) shots to die, even in level 1!), but I *was* able to still pick up extra lives.
So might be some crack versions had that 'enemies-need-ages-to-be-killed' issue ONLY, but not the one with the extra lives.

Marcuz 25 October 2003 19:12

i'm interested in which version is the one you talk about.
i've tryied diferrents but all work fine the same. beside, i never found the regular one that have the cheat word "sorcery".

cv643d 25 October 2003 22:21

omg, how do I know if I played the hard version of Gods back in 1993... I thought it was kind a hard then.. but not too hard.

Djay 25 October 2003 22:25

i got a pirate version first, which i thought was damn hard but complete after a long while....

then i bought a boxed original, from a bargain bin or something.... it proved to be dead easy...

maybe because i knew what to do, but everything did seem a lot easier...

maybe the cracked version is better after all:D

andreas 26 October 2003 02:11

Quote:

Originally posted by marco pedrana
beside, i never found the regular one that have the cheat word "sorcery".
neither did I.
Are there maybe even some originals where this cheat does not happen to work? :hoo

BippyM 26 October 2003 12:36

I think the cheat was native to a certain region/version and was removed in the european ver :(