English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Other (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   AmigaKit's EasyNet software worth purchasing? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=89262)

Hercules 31 October 2017 09:32

AmigaKit's EasyNet software worth purchasing?

Anybody here use Amigakit's 'EasyNet' software to get online with? What are peoples opinions of it, and is it worth buying? Anyone know the difference between the normal and Pro versions?

spudje 31 October 2017 10:57

I used it, but stopped. It is a nice user friendly wrapper around existing networking tools. But at a certain moment the built-in Samba didn't work with my NAS anymore. AmigaKit never responded to my ticket about this. I cannot speak for the Easynet Pro version. Nobody even explained to me what the Pro has more on offer compared to the non Pro version after multiple requests. That total lack of support by AmigaKit was another reason I stopped using it.

My preference now goes out to Roadshow. It seems complex without a GUI, but in practice it is the easiest stack to get quickly running, even from boot.

Hercules 31 October 2017 16:35

Thanks for the info spudje. Decided after some reading and research to go with Roadshow. Just ordered a copy :)

Reido 01 November 2017 00:21

Easynet Pro for me, works great.

indigolemon 01 November 2017 10:34

Roadshow is excellent, once you have it configured it just works, your Amiga boots and boom - you are online with zero fuss :)

It also integrates nicely with WHDLoad to stop/start networking as you start/stop games to prevent random lockups.

FOL 01 November 2017 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudje (Post 1195961)
I used it, but stopped. It is a nice user friendly wrapper around existing networking tools. But at a certain moment the built-in Samba didn't work with my NAS anymore. AmigaKit never responded to my ticket about this. I cannot speak for the Easynet Pro version. Nobody even explained to me what the Pro has more on offer compared to the non Pro version after multiple requests. That total lack of support by AmigaKit was another reason I stopped using it.

Sorry to hear that, can you PM me your ticket number. So I can look into it.

amigakit.com 01 November 2017 12:58

Since 2011, Amiga Kit is the exclusive distributor of AmiTCP v4 and EasyNet Pro is built around that stack. The standard version of EasyNet is built around the earlier v3.

EasyNet Pro is still being improved and we have some new exciting developments to share in the next coming months.

spudje 01 November 2017 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 1196193)
Sorry to hear that, can you PM me your ticket number. So I can look into it.

I even tried that (via amiga.org I believe) some time ago, without any result. Not needed anymore, is around 3 years ago. I'm more than happy with Roadshow.