English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AUI - Amiga User International - Website refreshed (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=53586)

auimag 30 June 2010 14:47

AUI - Amiga User International - Website refreshed

The website for defunct magazine Amiga User International (AUI) has been relaunched.

Maintained online since the closure of the printed magazine in May 1997 the site, now hosted at www.aui-magazine.net, will continue in the AUI tradition.

ami_junkie 30 June 2010 18:25

AUI was a great magazine, they had some of the best cover discs, I think I have a box full back in my loft in the UK, maybe someday I will upload them. Alongside CU Amiga and Amiga Format, AUI was an essential read. Ahh I really miss those days of going to the news agents and picking up AUI.

Paul_s 30 June 2010 22:28

agreed, aui was cool in the day. I always remember picking one up after work :D

kipper2k 30 June 2010 22:41

Is there an online source for the magazine scans anywhere ?

prowler 30 June 2010 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by auimag (Post 681295)
The website for defunct magazine Amiga User International (AUI) has been relaunched.

Maintained online since the closure of the printed magazine in May 1997 the site, now hosted at www.aui-magazine.net, will continue in the AUI tradition.

Great news! :great :D

TCD 30 June 2010 23:28

A webpage with an embedded Facebook group? Hmm, do you plan to add some content to the actual site or will it be mainly to promote the Facebook group?

auimag 01 July 2010 09:54

I had a box full of the SuperDisks too... the original masters! But they got lost in a house move back in '99. My intention was to upload them as well, but as most of the stuff on them was available via Aminet and web hosting space was at a premium then, so the project never got started.

auimag 01 July 2010 09:56

The Amiga Magazine Rack - http://amr.abime.net/issues_9 - seems to have something, but I have yet to go through them in detail.

auimag 01 July 2010 10:02

Yes. I intend to add more. The original site hosted by Demon Internet was about 5 pages and had not really been changed since 2002... apart from the addition of an Amiga Celebrities gallery in 2006 - which is now a Facebook album.

Facebook does make updating info very easy, especially the scrolling news feature. However, I will add links, downloads, the album and other things as time goes on.

TCD 01 July 2010 10:11

Ah okay. Just wondered what you're planning to do with the site :)

prowler 01 July 2010 16:26

Thanks for your effort, auimag! :great It is appreciated. :bowdown

sun68 01 July 2010 23:13

Yup, auch in Germany im Bahnhofsverkauf ich bekam die Zeitung zu kaufen.

Thanks for This.

sun68

Graham Humphrey 01 July 2010 23:46

English only please ;)

sun68 01 July 2010 23:55

Remember this Paper was International !!

prowler 02 July 2010 00:08

And so is this board, really. But Google Translate will make your messages clear to non-German speaking members if you're not sure how to express yourself, and you'll pick up the English language at the same time! :)

sun68 02 July 2010 00:14

OK, the English Man is Here -> Go Back !! OK.

RETURN, commining back.

sun68

wanderer 02 July 2010 14:32

Ahh... wonderful news. Still remember the cover of that fine issue - ecstatic with the release of Super Hang-On.

"The main sprite is virtually a pixel for pixel copy of the arcade original and the scenery is equally well-drawn..."

auimag 02 August 2010 14:19

The website has had a makeover to make it look prettier and there is some more content. Hope you like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 681386)
A webpage with an embedded Facebook group? Hmm, do you plan to add some content to the actual site or will it be mainly to promote the Facebook group?

Hercules 02 August 2010 14:32

Thanks !

AUI was a fantastic magazine, although it was aimed at the serious user, it provided some excellent reviews for hardware and software. The coverdisks had some great utilities on them too. Handy back in the day when their was no proper internet as you could get a disk full of the latest utilities.

The letters page was also superb providing excellent technical help to readers. I wrote into them once and got a reply in their letters page. They even helped me to get a manual for a second hand racal modem back in the day...

Well done on the site. Happy memories indeed !