English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.CD32 Conversion (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Unofficial CD32 Release - The Bitmap Brothers Collection (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=81578)

Amigajay 15 February 2016 20:43

Unofficial CD32 Release - The Bitmap Brothers Collection
 
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tokkBq5lh.../bbcwithcd.jpg

Today I'm excited to show off my next unofficial CD32 disc; - The Bitmap Brothers Collection

Containing all 10 of Bitmap Brothers games released on the Amiga OCS systems, along with the CDTV version of Xenon II as a bonus.

Cadaver (Slave - JOTD)
Cadaver - The Payoff (Slave - JOTD)
The Chaos Engine (Slave - Wepl/Mick/Harry/JOTD)
The Chaos Engine 2 (Slave - Mick)
Gods (Slave - Wepl/JOTD)
Magic Pockets (Slave - JOTD)
Speedball (Slave - JOTD)
Speedball 2 (Slave - Galahad)
Xenon (Slave - Bored Seal/Psygore)
Xenon 2 (Slave - Wepl)
Xenon 2 CDTV (Full version with CD Audio & Extras)

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JjwHYO1bi...20/bbcmenu.gif
Game Selection Screen

Most of the games have specially updated controls for the CD32 pad, meaning Cadaver is playable for the first time without a keyboard!

Again they have also been tested and updated for two joypads for some great two player fun!

Update 23/10/16 (v1.3) -

* Split release's Into OCS and AGA version discs (AGA version WIP)
* Added Xenon II CDTV on the 'Play' button (this replaced the Jukebox)
* Included all CD Audio for Xenon II CDTV (Burn disc using supplied .cue file!)
* Updated Menu Screen to v1.3 to reflect changes
* Updated all CD32load compatible titles to the latest version + filecache for faster loading (some games now load twice as fast)

Loading times compared to v1.0:

Cadaver - Was 31 secs - Now 15 secs
The Chaos Engine - Was 40 secs - Now 23 secs
The Chaos Engine 2 - Was 42 secs - Now 29 secs
Gods - Was 32 secs - Now 20 secs
Magic Pockets - Was 43 secs - Now 32 secs
Speedball - Was 32 secs - Now 18 secs
Speedball 2 - Was 16 secs - Now 25 secs (slower but no flashing or sound issues)
Xenon - Was 14 secs - Now no change - still using whdload
Xenon 2 - Was 42 secs - Now 26 secs
Cadaver - The Payoff - Was 38 secs - Now 23 secs


Download is on the eab server uploads/cd32 folder*

*Details for registering for access to the eab server.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633

spudje 15 February 2016 22:00

Nice!!!

Speedball 2 original or Speedball 2 CD32?

SkulleateR 15 February 2016 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudje (Post 1070683)
Nice!!!

Speedball 2 original or Speedball 2 CD32?

I you follow the link they only took A500 Originals ;)

Retro1234 15 February 2016 22:43

earok always puts the names of the authors of the installs as there the ones who did all the work.

Amigajay 15 February 2016 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1070700)
earok always puts the names of the authors of the installs as there the ones who did all the work.

Yeah no probs, i will update my blog post when i get time.

jotd 15 February 2016 23:54

what's the problem with Speedball 2 on CD32Load?
Hmmm playing Cadaver without saves is really a challenge!! I hope you included pre-saved games.

Amigajay 16 February 2016 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1070717)
what's the problem with Speedball 2 on CD32Load?
Hmmm playing Cadaver without saves is really a challenge!! I hope you included pre-saved games.

Crashes when 'loading game' appears (at the same time it starts flashing on whdload version) no luck using novbrmove either.

Sorry I'm not advanced yet to figure out how to put saves into a disk image for use with whdload.
At least its doable in under 4 hours if you have a spare day to play it!

Plus of course there is room for improvements to the disc, cd32load versions of SB2 and Xenon, possible nvram saving for SB1/2 not sure how much ram required, though I'm guessing for SB2 its too much as they used codes for the CD32 version, save games on the disc for cadaver.

Any help will go to a better v1.1!

earok 16 February 2016 02:30

Wow, very nice :great you beat us to it.

spudje 16 February 2016 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkulleateR (Post 1070687)
I you follow the link they only took A500 Originals ;)

Oh yeah, sorry I missed that line. Great, I prefer the original Speedball2 over the CD32 version.

I will so try this out when my CD32 is back from its recapping job.

jotd 16 February 2016 22:38

Had a Speedball II game using latest CD32Load (0.14), worked fine (apart for some trashed sounds once in a while)
For Cadaver, you could just include some savegames on the CD, and the player could load them and enjoy the levels. I think I include some in my whdload install.
AFAIR SB crashes on save. Of course not here :)
NVM support is planned at some point for CD32Load but this is tricky as you know.

My CD32 works fine and now plugged to my old VGA LCD screen. Time to burn some discs.

Amigajay 16 February 2016 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1071005)
Had a Speedball II game using latest CD32Load (0.14), worked fine (apart for some trashed sounds once in a while)
For Cadaver, you could just include some savegames on the CD, and the player could load them and enjoy the levels. I think I include some in my whdload install.
AFAIR SB crashes on save. Of course not here :)
NVM support is planned at some point for CD32Load but this is tricky as you know.

My CD32 works fine and now plugged to my old VGA LCD screen. Time to burn some discs.

Good news about Speedball II, does Xenon work do you know?

Amigajay 17 February 2016 01:37

Sorry guys i received a takedown notice about this release, so i have removed the download.

Akira 17 February 2016 02:48

Seriously????????
Yeah because a CEE DEE THIRTY TWO disc will surely impact sales of Speedball 2 on iOS :rolleyes

Disgusted. Sorry this happened to you amigajay.

earok 17 February 2016 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1071067)
Sorry guys i received a takedown notice about this release, so i have removed the download.

So sorry mate :( it bites when that happens.

ReadOnlyCat 17 February 2016 03:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1071078)
Seriously????????
Yeah because a CEE DEE THIRTY TWO disc will surely impact sales of Speedball 2 on iOS :rolleyes

Disgusted. Sorry this happened to you amigajay.

I am certainly sorry this happened but I do not think there is anything wrong with Montgomery (or whoever issued the notice) dictating what people can do with what is his property.

It's his, we simply do not have a say about what we can do with it.
The fact that it would make our lives more convenient does not entitle us to do it.

If you owned a similar property you would certainly look at this differently.

Amigajay 17 February 2016 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat (Post 1071086)
I am certainly sorry this happened but I do not think there is anything wrong with Montgomery (or whoever issued the notice) dictating what people can do with what is his property.

It's his, we simply do not have a say about what we can do with it.
The fact that it would make our lives more convenient does not entitle us to do it.

If you owned a similar property you would certainly look at this differently.

It's ok guys, i totally respect Mike wanted me to take this down, i kinda expected it in a way, esp with social media and it was put around Twitter like mad on Monday, i guess my future releases will be more low key i.e my blog and this board!

Maybe he's waiting back to hear on takedown notices on the various dozen other sites hosting his games in adf and whd formats?! :laughing

Galahad/FLT 17 February 2016 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1071114)
It's ok guys, i totally respect Mike wanted me to take this down, i kinda expected it in a way, esp with social media and it was put around Twitter like mad on Monday, i guess my future releases will be more low key i.e my blog and this board!

Maybe he's waiting back to hear on takedown notices on the various dozen other sites hosting his games in adf and whd formats?! :laughing

Been no takedown requests for my CD32 version of Gods, though that might change obviously.

Maybe it was the entire collection that was the problem, not individual titles.

jotd 17 February 2016 11:08

If you release the same games among 400 others you won't get a takedown notice...

I respect Mike but why the f**k doesn't he license his IP to real coders/designers who will expand the great titles: Chaos Engine, Gods, Cadaver ... specially because I'm sure level editors are still avail.
There was an interesting project on Gods in semi3D (seen on youtube): stopped.

What's the use of this IP since it does not sell too well except to enthousiasts...

(I hope I won't receive a takedown notice for my remakes!!)

SteveUK 17 February 2016 11:26

that's a real shame - I hope you carry on your good work maybe you have been unlucky with this one. Maybe it just required asking for permission?

ReadOnlyCat 17 February 2016 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1071114)
It's ok guys, i totally respect Mike wanted me to take this down, i kinda expected it in a way, esp with social media and it was put around Twitter like mad on Monday, i guess my future releases will be more low key i.e my blog and this board!

Maybe he's waiting back to hear on takedown notices on the various dozen other sites hosting his games in adf and whd formats?! :laughing

He cannot be watching everything in real time. ;)

This said, maybe he would be opened to the idea of an official release?
After all, you already did all the necessary work and all he'd need would be to sign a license deal where he would get x% of the sales you make

This would mean that you would then be selling CDs instead of ISOs so that is some extra work but maybe the guys who already distribute Tank Furry have the logistic need to organize it and you could get a deal with them?

This way everyone would be happy, not only would they have a Bitmap Brothers collection but it would be an official one. Also, the limited amount of sales would possibly incite Mike to be more tolerating. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1071132)
I respect Mike but why the f**k doesn't he license his IP to real coders/designers who will expand the great titles: Chaos Engine, Gods, Cadaver ... specially because I'm sure level editors are still avail.
There was an interesting project on Gods in semi3D (seen on youtube): stopped.

What's the use of this IP since it does not sell too well except to enthousiasts...

(I hope I won't receive a takedown notice for my remakes!!)

I imagine his day to day job takes him already quite a bit of time that he does not have much free-neurons to allocate to this task. Which is why I think it would be worth for coders here to do some of that job for him and propose him the whole COTS package where the only thing he has to do is test the CD and sign the licensing deal.

Since the takedown already took place, there is now really nothing to lose by asking for an official deal. ;)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04784 seconds with 11 queries