English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which Keyboard would work with Minimig? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82128)

AF2013 23 March 2016 14:58

Which Keyboard would work with Minimig?

Just wondering which keyboard would work with Minimig? IF someone who got Minimig that work with keyboard then please let me know :)

AF2013 23 March 2016 19:09

anyone?:nervous

Surely someone have try Minimig with keyboard before.

Would Logic keyboard or AmigaOne Keyboard work?

robinsonb5 23 March 2016 20:01

Any keyboard that has a standard PS/2 connector should work with the Minimig. In addition, some USB keyboards are combination USB/PS/2 keyboards, and will work with an adapter (generally supplied with the keyboard - if the keyboard didn't come with one, that's a good indicator that it probably won't work).

Alternatively, the MIST board has a Minimig core and doesn't support PS/2 keyboards but does support USB keyboards.

Hope that's some help.

mr.spiv 24 March 2016 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinsonb5 (Post 1079729)
Any keyboard that has a standard PS/2 connector should work with the Minimig. In addition, some USB keyboards are combination USB/PS/2 keyboards, and will work with an adapter (generally supplied with the keyboard - if the keyboard didn't come with one, that's a good indicator that it probably won't work).

Alternatively, the MIST board has a Minimig core and doesn't support PS/2 keyboards but does support USB keyboards.

Hope that's some help.

Actaully.. I had to iterate a number of old and new standard PS/2 keyboards until I found one that worked without everyday "whatta h*k" moments. Same with USB adapters. I admit I have this "if it can fail it fails" curse on me :nervous So better test before purchasing..

robinsonb5 24 March 2016 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.spiv (Post 1079814)
Actaully.. I had to iterate a number of old and new standard PS/2 keyboards until I found one that worked without everyday "whatta h*k" moments. Same with USB adapters. I admit I have this "if it can fail it fails" curse on me :nervous So better test before purchasing..

Yeah, perhaps I should have emphasised the word "should" in what I wrote!

FOL 24 March 2016 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.spiv (Post 1079814)

Power supply? What rating is it. As I have only ever seen issue's when wrong PSU used. Should be atleast 2.5A.

mr.spiv 04 April 2016 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 1079898)
Power supply? What rating is it. As I have only ever seen issue's when wrong PSU used. Should be atleast 2.5A.

Can't remember but the PSU came with the Minimig I bought (from ACube afair). Anyway, I doubt that infinitely repeating ghost keystrokes or random control sequences were because of PSU. There's a bit of history here. Maybe these have been fixed long since.. I have not played with Minimig for a looong time.