English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Error: insert the disk (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=81062)

Arcade 10 January 2016 09:24

Error: insert the disk
 
Hi friends!

Does not recognize the path. But the rom is correctly selected. This happens so much as to select the roms to the "Floppies" directory or for another path directory. It is curious because this happens only with some games (e.g. Turrican 3). In some cases, the game will be loaded but does not reply button "Star game" (e.g. Alien Breed II - The Horror Continues). Any way, I don't understand this error message. Overall the FS-UAE it is very good, but I have this problem.

I would be thankful for any aid.

B. regards.

FrodeSolheim 10 January 2016 21:30

Hi, you have provided too little information, it is impossible for me to understand what issue you are having.

Please provide more detailed description about the problem you have when running a specific game (including exact error message, or screenshot). Log files may also be needed.

Arcade 11 January 2016 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 1061807)
Hi, you have provided too little information, it is impossible for me to understand what issue you are having.

Please provide more detailed description about the problem you have when running a specific game (including exact error message, or screenshot). Log files may also be needed.

I apologise for the delay. Your help is greatly appreciated FrodeSolheim.

What I am saying is that each time I try to load a rom, I receive an error message. Pls, see the screenshot :

http://i.imgur.com/zhEVPPY.jpg?1

Pls, perhaps you could let me know a solution.

Once again, thank you very much!

Arnie 11 January 2016 16:00

I've never used FS-UAE so I thought I would Install it and try to load Nicky II.

I did notice that it imported my Amiga Forever (AF) stuff so maybe you might be missing something if you haven't got AF installed!!

I managed to load nicky II O.K. (see screen shot)

FrodeSolheim 11 January 2016 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcade (Post 1061880)
I apologise for the delay. Your help is greatly appreciated FrodeSolheim.

What I am saying is that each time I try to load a rom, I receive an error message. Pls, see the screenshot :

http://i.imgur.com/zhEVPPY.jpg?1

Pls, perhaps you could let me know a solution.

Once again, thank you very much!

Looks like an error message from Windows. I also see that the floppy drive refers to a file on G: (G:/Amiga/roms/...).

So, I'm guessing that you have:
- Added an external drive / removable media as G: containing game files
- Pointed FS-UAE Launcher to this drive, or a subfolder of it, so FS-UAE Launcher scans it for game media.
- And at one point the removable media has been removed.

Please make sure that the device containing "Amiga/roms" is inserted, and available as G:,
- or remove the non-existing drive from FS-UAE Launcher file scanner settings and update the file database.

Arcade 12 January 2016 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 1061962)
Looks like an error message from Windows. I also see that the floppy drive refers to a file on G: (G:/Amiga/roms/...).

So, I'm guessing that you have:
- Added an external drive / removable media as G: containing game files
- Pointed FS-UAE Launcher to this drive, or a subfolder of it, so FS-UAE Launcher scans it for game media.
- And at one point the removable media has been removed.

Please make sure that the device containing "Amiga/roms" is inserted, and available as G:,
- or remove the non-existing drive from FS-UAE Launcher file scanner settings and update the file database.

Your help is greatly appreciated FrodeSolheim.

The problem is solved! was to update the file database (directory/roms) and everything was back to normal.

PD. I do not have "external drive" ...I have one partition on my computer.

B. regards.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.10948 seconds with 11 queries