English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   MarketPlace (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hundreds of boxed Amiga Games for sale! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=41623)

Ex-Collector 26 December 2008 21:09

Hundreds of boxed Amiga Games for sale!

Hi folks!

I'm selling a huge part of my Amiga Games collection.

If you're searching for some special titles, just post here which ones. If it's in my collection, I'll post a price for the requested items.

Thanks and have a nice evening
Ex-Collector

Bamiga2002 26 December 2008 21:11

Why not browse SPS wanted list and image the ones you own :) ?

Ex-Collector 26 December 2008 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 (Post 492050)
Why not browse SPS wanted list and image the ones you own :) ?

So you mean I should make photos of the missing ones and send them to this site?

TCD 26 December 2008 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Collector (Post 492061)
So you mean I should make photos of the missing ones and send them to this site?

He means that you could make images of the disks themselves :) Have a look here : I have some original games and I want to help. What do I do?
You need an Amiga with a 68020 CPU or better to do it though.

Shoonay 26 December 2008 21:39

Yes, please do so Ex-Collector, maybe you've got some gems there :)
BTW: Hello and welcome to EAB!

Damion 26 December 2008 21:42

Traps 'n' Treasures :)

Ex-Collector 26 December 2008 21:45

Hmm yes, there are some games on the list I have. I sent a mail already for more information how to image the disks :great

TCD 26 December 2008 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Collector (Post 492070)
Hmm yes, there are some games on the list I have. I sent a mail already for more information how to image the disks :great

Thanks for considering to preserve the disks Ex-Collector :great

whiteb 27 December 2008 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Collector (Post 492070)

Great stuff, what they will do is send you a special imaging program to run on an Amiga, it will test the specs of your amiga, then if they say 'Yes its okay', will run off special images you send back to them in an email.

What they do, is preserve the disks, into a format known as .IPF which is a disk image like ADF, but instead contains disk protection and other funky stuff. it is 100% identical to the original disk, but in image.

Ex-Collector 27 December 2008 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteb (Post 492155)
Great stuff, what they will do is send you a special imaging program to run on an Amiga, it will test the specs of your amiga, then if they say 'Yes its okay', will run off special images you send back to them in an email.

What they do, is preserve the disks, into a format known as .IPF which is a disk image like ADF, but instead contains disk protection and other funky stuff. it is 100% identical to the original disk, but in image.

Sounds great! I'll keep you updated here what's going on if anyone's interested.

Bamiga2002 27 December 2008 07:51

Thoughtful of you to really consider the process of imaging disks. And welcome to EAB btw. :)

Ex-Collector 27 December 2008 09:46

Hihi...I must admit that - reading all the posts about the imaging - I'm a bit afraid now of the process and if I'm able to handle this :D

TCD 27 December 2008 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Collector (Post 492177)
Hihi...I must admit that - reading all the posts about the imaging - I'm a bit afraid now of the process and if I'm able to handle this :D

I guess the SPS software is quite easy to use, so no worries :) Oh and if you have any problems you know where to ask :D

nujack 27 December 2008 15:52

I'm searching for ShufflePuckCafe (Broderbound) very long. It must be the first version with poster and no plastic-box.

Ex-Collector 28 December 2008 00:43

Still no reply about that imaging thing. Can anyone help? I'm afraid I'd sell some games in the near future, so a quick contact is better I guess...

Ex-Collector 28 December 2008 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damion (Post 492069)
Traps 'n' Treasures :)

Oops...didn't see that. Sorry, Damion. I'm sorry, but Traps&Treasures is only available in Kraut- EErrrm... German-Version :D

TCD 28 December 2008 00:46

You could write IFW (click on the contact tab) an email about that and hopefully he'll replay faster this way :)

prowler 28 December 2008 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Collector (Post 492386)
I'm afraid I'd sell some games in the near future...

Hi Ex-Collector,

If it comes to that, would you kindly pass on to the buyer(s) details of the SPS project and the urgency of committing these titles to images before bit-rot finally destroys the original disks forever? :bowdown

Also, it would be appreciated if you could suggest that they join EAB as well (if they are not already members), for the help and support we can offer here. ;)

Thanks,

prowler

IFW 29 December 2008 12:23

Hi,

Many thanks for getting in contact with us.
Ex-Collector's message sent via our system has been dealt with and we are waiting for his reply.

Thanks,
IFW

Ex-Collector 30 December 2008 01:04

Reply sent :)