English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Amiga Digital Video (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105187)

AJCopland 30 December 2020 13:33

Amiga Digital Video
 
I just read this over at Hackaday.com, there's a new way of hooking up old A500 OCS machines to HDMI

https://github.com/c0pperdragon/Amiga-Digital-Video

It's based on an adapter board to a Raspberry Pi Zero running RGBtoHDMI

DDNI 07 January 2021 13:25

Just watched Jan Beta's video on this. Looks promising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8brkYFoO9I&t=11s

khayoz 07 January 2021 18:13

And if you have a lot of Amigas and switching between em all the time there is - https://d520-converter.de/ and it works on all Miggys.

UberFreak 07 January 2021 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by khayoz (Post 1451527)
And if you have a lot of Amigas and switching between em all the time there is - https://d520-converter.de/ and it works on all Miggys.


I think it would be much cheaper to buy Pi0 for all your Amigas...

khayoz 08 January 2021 00:39

@UberFreak
Are c0pperdragon's Pi0 solution compatible with all my Miggy's? ;)

jvidia 08 January 2021 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by khayoz (Post 1451527)
And if you have a lot of Amigas and switching between em all the time there is - https://d520-converter.de/ and it works on all Miggys.

189€ ??? :crazy:banghead:nuts

For me Amiga Digital Video has only one issue ... if we want to close the Amiga, we have to drill somewhere to pass the HDMI cable.
Beside that it is perfect.

Some assembly videos:

1/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC5SgemPVco

2/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njBRhLNQJFA

3/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce9_zrPjY8U

4/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXXOjtuOfrI

Looks good.

xraynorm 08 January 2021 15:59

I wonder if this will fit with a TF536.

Estrayk 08 January 2021 16:48

And this solution from Edu Arana?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDfd8EWJt8

Miggy2TheMax 13 January 2021 14:35

Noticed the pcb layout is on github

https://github.com/hoglet67/RGBtoHDM...migaAdapter/V2

Does anyone know how I would got about printing that to pcb?

I'm thinking about giving it a go and manually assembling one.

amiman99 13 January 2021 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miggy2TheMax (Post 1453356)
Noticed the pcb layout is on github

https://github.com/hoglet67/RGBtoHDM...migaAdapter/V2

Does anyone know how I would got about printing that to pcb?

I'm thinking about giving it a go and manually assembling one.

You could order it here? https://www.pcbway.com/project/share...y_Pi_Zero.html

Miggy2TheMax 14 January 2021 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiman99 (Post 1453393)

That's perfect, thanks for that link @amiman99

Ledfoot 02 February 2021 17:47

Anyone know if this will fit/work in an A2000??? Looking at the layout of my board, it seems like the Pi would be hanging over the Paula and an electrolytic capacitor. Likely would need to put an extra socket riser in to get it to clear those.

Just wondering if anyone has tried yet? Would really like to get this to work on the 2000 I have to clean up the video signal a bunch and open up my monitor options.

hooverphonique 02 February 2021 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledfoot (Post 1458525)
Anyone know if this will fit/work in an A2000??? Looking at the layout of my board, it seems like the Pi would be hanging over the Paula and an electrolytic capacitor. Likely would need to put an extra socket riser in to get it to clear those.

Just wondering if anyone has tried yet? Would really like to get this to work on the 2000 I have to clean up the video signal a bunch and open up my monitor options.

I'm working on a videoslot card solution for this :)
I only have an A4k, but as mentioned in the other thread about this topic, a video slot card for 12-bit color systems (A2k, A3k) should work in an A4k as well, so hopefully I can test it..

Ledfoot 02 February 2021 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooverphonique (Post 1458527)
I'm working on a videoslot card solution for this :)
I only have an A4k, but as mentioned in the other thread about this topic, a video slot card for 12-bit color systems (A2k, A3k) should work in an A4k as well, so hopefully I can test it..

Ah, cool... Keep us in the loop! Was hoping to get this into my A2000 to use until I can afford a zz9000 card for it...

DerSheriff 02 February 2021 22:17

Great, interesting. I'll follow the development.

Torti-the-Smurf 06 February 2021 21:59

A600 possible ? That would be amazing ! The RF Modulator in my A600 is already removed; just waiting for somtheing fantastic like this. Hmm, could be tight with a Furia inside :)

anyway, great stuff guys !

rlake 07 February 2021 01:02

Yes, you want the small adapter but then there are a lot of wires to solder on the board for A600!

indigolemon 07 February 2021 01:42

Think kipper has the A600 covered, see post here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=56

lilwshu 07 February 2021 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledfoot (Post 1458525)
Anyone know if this will fit/work in an A2000??? Looking at the layout of my board, it seems like the Pi would be hanging over the Paula and an electrolytic capacitor. Likely would need to put an extra socket riser in to get it to clear those.

Just wondering if anyone has tried yet? Would really like to get this to work on the 2000 I have to clean up the video signal a bunch and open up my monitor options.

I’ve installed one in my Rev 6.2 A2000 and it works great - it is a tight fit between the motherboard and the frame where the drives and PSU are but no problems.

Torti-the-Smurf 07 February 2021 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlake (Post 1459849)
Yes, you want the small adapter but then there are a lot of wires to solder on the board for A600!




Oh, that sounds complicated. Also depending on the board revision ?


Quote:

Originally Posted by indigolemon (Post 1459855)
Think kipper has the A600 covered, see post here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=56





Awesome, but i cant see the solder work here.

Do you think in the future a Simple plug&play solution will be possible or is this the only way it can be done?


Greetings,Torti


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.06971 seconds with 11 queries