English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Green Amiga Alien GUIDES (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Amithlon Setup Guide (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=31613)

SnkBitten 09 August 2016 14:03

Keep in mind it's only a possibility....my friend looking through the kernel is doing it whenever he has time or desire, so it may or may not happen. The immediate goal would be supporting the NVidia framebuffer fully with enough documentation to allow others to port/add in ATI or others.

Methanoid 11 August 2016 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnkBitten (Post 1105093)
Keep in mind it's only a possibility....my friend looking through the kernel is doing it whenever he has time or desire, so it may or may not happen. The immediate goal would be supporting the NVidia framebuffer fully with enough documentation to allow others to port/add in ATI or others.

Yeah but if you had Nvidia support for newer (10/9 series) you'd also want to use that machine for other things which need 1Gb+ mem!! Well fingers crossed anyway. For me thats the biggest PITA in Amithlon

jdog320 21 August 2016 05:19

1 Attachment(s)
Yes! I finally figured out sound! Also here's the log from poseidon when connecting a mass storage device: (the highlighted ones)

Attachment 49494

P.S., if you want to install amigasys, first install the aosxl update, then the bb2 and then install amigasys. after that install the amigaupdate131 and drivers.

SnkBitten 21 August 2016 07:59

Glad you got sound working. How do you have USB configured in Virtualbox?

jdog320 21 August 2016 12:27

I have it set as EHCI or usb 2.0. Also w/ sound I guess the reason why it stops is if you have another sound source trying to use the same ahi unit. e.g. you have music playing with amigaamp but you open puhderbaer and it puh gives an error. while amp kills the music.

EDIT: nevermind. Just set the usb to 1.1 and it worked.

jdog320 23 August 2016 15:01

Damn! Amithlon is fast! I am able to play FreeSpace quite well with the software renderer!

SnkBitten 23 August 2016 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdog320 (Post 1107517)
Damn! Amithlon is fast! I am able to play FreeSpace quite well with the software renderer!

Amithlon's speed is awesome!

jdog320 27 August 2016 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnkBitten (Post 1070180)
I haven't used MiamiDX, just Genesis.

I haven't gotten sound working, though I can't say I've even installed AHI 6 yet either....I'll have to take a look. What audio setting did you use for Virtualbox (SB16, AC97 or Intel HD)?

EDIT**
Correction, I did have AHI 6 intalled, and sound is working :)
And to answer my own question, I'm using ICH AC97 as the setting.

MiamiDX is in fact working, however it's tiring to setup. But once it setup, it works. Just have that annoying DHCP lease bug.

SnkBitten 30 August 2016 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdog320 (Post 1103715)
What about video card?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnkBitten (Post 1103730)
I have a Toaster 4000 and Video Flyer which limits the cards I can add. I already have a network card so my slots are full. With the prices of Amiga RTG cards so high I can't justify buying one for testing purposes.

Scratch that, I'll be using a Picasso II for RTG testing. The WarpEngine4040 (thanks to a very generous friend) is installed but I need to upgrade it to a 68060 and get my motherboard recapped. Once I have that completed I plan to do some comparison test between the 68060 + RTG Amiga 4000 and the Core2Duo + RTG (only) Amithlon.

I'm guilty of not using the Amithlon system for a while since I've been tweaking my A4000, but I booted it the other day and I had forgotten how fast it is...and how great high resolution RTG screens look compared to OCS/ECS/AGA :)

pcotter 30 August 2016 06:35

Hello SnkBitten, found your guide and gave a new try to setup my Amithlon box.

Had try for a few years to set it up but with limited success, (no sound, no usb etc...)

So, since i found your guide, for the last few weeks that i am again motivated with Amithlon as i found it the most interesting Amiga emulator around.

I keep a log of my experiments so i keep track of what have been done.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...016amVMajd6Uk0

once again, thank you for your guide.

SnkBitten 30 August 2016 12:23

Glad it got you motivated to try out Amithlon again. Reading your tracking document I wanted to mention that for additional USB ports, just add another AmithlonUSB.device (or whatever it's called) and keep doing so until you can't "start" the one just loaded. I had the same issue with only 2 of my ports active until I did that....that allowed me to get six or eight ports going. Make sure to change the device number for each new port added.

honx 06 September 2016 06:57

does anyone know, where i can get amithlon and amigaos xl (qnx) nowadays?

SnkBitten 07 September 2016 05:07

The guides have updated a little since my earlier posting of them....so while the html versions were being updated live, the .pdf versions stayed behind. I saved the most recent versions out as .pdf files and zipped them all together (Pt.1 & 2, Kernel compiling, Supported Hardware).

http://amithlon.snkbitten.com/files/...ttenGuides.zip

honx 07 September 2016 06:05

SnkBitten 07 September 2016 06:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1109939)

It's not available legally any where. Some had purchased it before it was found to be using an unlicenced kickstart Rom, but since then it's either a torrent or finding a former purchaser selling their copy.

honx 07 September 2016 15:04

as i don't trust torrents, is here any other source for download?
could someone upload it to the zone?

SnkBitten 07 September 2016 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1110014)
as i don't trust torrents, is here any other source for download?
could someone upload it to the zone?

Since Kickstart is embedded, it's not able to be hosted either.

honx 08 September 2016 13:28

now that i have amigaos xl and amithlon, how do i set up them in virtualbox?
if i try, both at some point are stuck while booting, probably crashed.

jdog320 08 September 2016 13:54

Just follow snkbitten's guide. Believe it or not you can use NAT (NatNetwork) networking with this as long as you use MiamiDX. Also at the end of the boot parameters (if using grub) or a text file (if using loadlin) if using vbox. Don't forget to add "crusoe" at the end of the parameters because for whatever reason w/o this string, amithlon in vbox won't boot.

honx 08 September 2016 14:19

in these pdfs i can't find anything regarding running it in virtualbox.