English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   BZR Player - a new music player for Win (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=35976)

bLAZER 12 April 2008 19:00

BZR Player - a new music player for Win

Hi all,

I've created a new musicplayer for Windows that can play about 40 different formats.

Some format highlighs:
MOD (most of them, ST15,Noisetracker etc.)
Future Composer
C64 SID
NSF (Nintendo)
SPC (Super Nintendo)
and a lot others...

The program looks like crap and hardly has any features at all, but I will of course make it better.

Get it at: http://bzrplayer.blazer.nu/

Ironclaw 12 April 2008 19:14

Why download this when there is deliplayer?

Belgarath 12 April 2008 19:22

Because deliplayer is pretty crap and is no longer being developed?
Because competition is always a good thing?

:nuts

turrican3 12 April 2008 19:38

IT works very well for me :great

Ironclaw 12 April 2008 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgarath (Post 407188)
Because deliplayer is pretty crap and is no longer being developed?
Because competition is always a good thing?

:nuts

Not good enough really.

Graham Humphrey 12 April 2008 21:09

Well no-one's forcing you to use it. Just because you prefer Deliplayer doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Ironclaw 12 April 2008 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 407205)
Well no-one's forcing you to use it. Just because you prefer Deliplayer doesn't mean everyone else has to.

I don't prefer deliplayer, I just mentioned it's existance. I prefer WinAMP, it can play those formats too, it's smaller and faster and it can stream to mp3 without having to register (unlike deliplayer where you have to register). WinAMP ftw!.

bLAZER 12 April 2008 22:34

What kind of attitude is that? You know every person on this planet doesn't have the same taste in everything...

frsoldier 12 April 2008 23:03

thank you for the player Blazer

bLAZER 12 April 2008 23:35

And thank you for trying it :)

Ironclaw 13 April 2008 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLAZER (Post 407218)
What kind of attitude is that? You know every person on this planet doesn't have the same taste in everything...

Well, it's not about taste, but functionality and compability, those 2 players does it all, so why would one want to use another one that is not even completed or can play even 5% of the formats the other ones can?I'm not meaning to be rude or anything, I just state my mind. Of course it's great people make new programs and share them, it's nice. I'm just stating facts.

Graham Humphrey 13 April 2008 00:56

Have you actually tried it out?

bLAZER 13 April 2008 01:02

Your facts are not accurate though:

Delplayer plays 230 formats. My program plays 51. Thats 22%

Deliplayer doesn't play a lot of the formats my program can.

Deliplayer has ceased to develope (and doesn't work well in Vista for example)

My program is far from finished.

Winamp is bloat.

For example, why is there about one gazillion text editors?

Ironclaw 13 April 2008 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLAZER (Post 407246)
Your facts are not accurate though:

Delplayer plays 230 formats. My program plays 51. Thats 22%

Deliplayer doesn't play a lot of the formats my program can.

Deliplayer has ceased to develope (and doesn't work well in Vista for example)

My program is far from finished.

Winamp is bloat.

For example, why is there about one gazillion text editors?

I just threw out a number there as the amount of formats you can play is low compared to deliplayer.

I have Vista and deliplayer works fine.

I think deliplayer supports all formats your player can play.

Deliplayer not being in development doesn't make it a reason why people shouldnt use it, it currently is the best player imo.

If people have problems with it is probably because they have a messed up system.

Till your program is finished or matches the superiority of deliplayer, don't diss it.

There's alot of text editors cause they are easy to make, very easy... and most of them trying to have something new and improved other don't have... that's why.... yours brobably doesn't have anything new so far... but you have to begin somewhere I guess.

WinAMP owns, many people only think it can play mp3s lol, and I use the 275 version which is super old as latest is too big, slow and lame... 275 ftw!...

bLAZER 13 April 2008 01:23

I'm not gonna continue this argument as it's pretty pointless arguing about why I choose to develop a free program.

cronos 13 April 2008 15:21

I remember reading similar reaction when a developer decided to release WookieChat. People said that there is no need for another IRC client, because at the time, the Amiga already had the best IRC client, Amirc.

I enjoy seeing new developers, because I like to try something different, and I prefer to see active development. Who doesn't?

Multiplayer is obviously in early stages; way too early to compare against Deliplayer, etc. Also, Deliplayer wasn't created over night. It seems that Blazer's main concern is to get the core working first rather than create something visually impressive that doesn't do anything.

Keep up the good development Blazer..:)

Hungry Horace 13 April 2008 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLAZER (Post 407249)
I'm not gonna continue this argument as it's pretty pointless arguing about why I choose to develop a free program.

Ironclaw also beleives all real amigas should be destroyed to make way for WinUAE. i wouldnt worry about such an opinion.... you'll only get told you are wrong, whatever you say.

Even though i am unlikely to use it right now (i dont even use deliplayer though) i'm still interested in this development. Make sure you keep up the good work Blazer, many will deservedly thank you for it.

out of interest, what are you coding with? any chance of portability at some stage? OSX desperately needs a player that can handle MED without screwing up the octaves....

bLAZER 13 April 2008 16:04

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I'm using FMOD as sound engine and QT for GUI . Coding in c++. Both these libraries are platform independent. So sure, it's not impossible to port it to other platforms in the future, it's mostly about compiling a lot of stuff (all the FMOD plugins I created too).

kriz 13 April 2008 16:09

choices is good!! And what about support DBM (Digibooster files) ?

BippyM 13 April 2008 17:00

THANKS bLAZER.. I am looking forward to this having support for all the differing amiga formats :D

Will be nice to not use WinUAE ;)