English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Matt Chat Interviews Jeff McCord (Sword of Fargoal) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49292)

mattbarton.exe 05 December 2009 18:10

Matt Chat Interviews Jeff McCord (Sword of Fargoal)

Before anyone posts that I've abandoned you, here it is! :p The new Matt Chat #40 with Jeff McCord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DI8ZGhLVas

Jeff is a GREAT guy, very eloquent and obviously highly intelligent. Interviewing him was a joy. Someone has suggested that I try to do more of these, and I was surprised how easy it was (I figured it would be much harder to do an interview-style show, but it was fine).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video!

cosmicfrog 06 December 2009 21:46

yay my weekend is complete now thanks Matt :great

Peter 07 December 2009 00:20

Your right Matt, Jeff is an excellent bloke!

This is a GREAT Mattchat episode - very well put together, I really enjoyed it - thanks.
It would be fantastic, if possible if you could include more interviews with the people involved in the creation of the games in future "Mattchats" - it would also be interesting to know what Jeff is doing now - were there any other games he worked on etc...

Jeff must be so pleased seeing his game making a re-appearance on newer platforms...

mattbarton.exe 07 December 2009 00:41

Thanks, guys!

I am planning on doing some more interviews, but of course it's a crapshoot. It's hard enough finding people, much less getting them to do a SKYPE interview. So it will probably be a rare thing!

Peter 07 December 2009 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbarton.exe (Post 622347)
Thanks, guys!

I am planning on doing some more interviews, but of course it's a crapshoot. It's hard enough finding people, much less getting them to do a SKYPE interview. So it will probably be a rare thing!

Yes, that's a fair point - it is bad enough trying to track down Amiga game creators from only a few years ago so well done on getting Jeff to speak about his game...!

mattbarton.exe 07 December 2009 02:05

I'd love to talk to some Amiga developers. I'd have to do a little digging to get the names of my favorites; maybe someone from Cinemaware or Psygnosis.

TCD 07 December 2009 11:25

Nice variety there Matt :great Would be cool to see more like that, if you can find some more developers :)

Predseda 07 December 2009 11:37

I completed Sword of Fargoal on 64! What a great game!

Predseda 07 December 2009 11:53

There is Matt West, the author of Burton Bird, my beloved Amiga game, on flickr.com. I asked him if he is really that one and he was surprised that anybody remembers his game :)

coze 07 December 2009 12:11

nice ! we want Sid Meier ! (It may be difficult to get to him though,) or Chris Braben !

TCD 07 December 2009 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by coze (Post 622434)
we want Sid Meier ! (It may be difficult to get to him though,) or Chris Braben !

Speak for yourself strategy fanboi! ;) We want Lord British! :D

gilgamesh 07 December 2009 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbarton.exe (Post 622359)
maybe someone from Cinemaware

Phyllis and Robert Jacob, maybe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 622438)
Speak for yourself strategy fanboi! ;) We want Lord British! :D

second that, oh and don't forget Ron Gilbert, or David Fox, or ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbarton.exe (Post 622035)
Before anyone posts that I've abandoned you, here it is! :p

:great

mattbarton.exe 07 December 2009 21:32

Interviews

You guys are so great! Love coming here and reading such great comments and suggestions.

I'm in touch with Lord British, Ron Gilbert, and Steve Meretzky (Planetfall), but no telling if they'd be interested in doing a quick and dirty SKYPE interview. Might be worth asking, at any rate. Worse they can do is tell me no, right?

TCD 07 December 2009 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh (Post 622539)
second that, oh and don't forget Ron Gilbert, or David Fox, or ...

Steve Purcell :agree :great

@Matt
Awesome news :bowdown I really hope one of the guys is in for an interview! Fingers crossed here :)

Peter 07 December 2009 21:56

I wonder if any of the "Sensible" guys would like to be interviewed for a Mattchat Sensible Software Amiga Special episode!

mattbarton.exe 08 December 2009 01:36

Robert Jacob and Phylis Jacob would be awesome. Anyone know where I can find their email addresses?

Peter 08 December 2009 11:17

Maybe an email to the Cinemaware Website might shed some light on what they are doing now... bit of a long shot I know.

There are some other interviews with Cinemaware Employees here... click here

cosmicfrog 08 December 2009 14:35

matt if you don`t ask you will never know, and we will never get to see

hope you find some good ppl to interview, generally ppl love talking about themselvs ;)

gilgamesh 08 December 2009 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbarton.exe (Post 622604)
Robert Jacob and Phylis Jacob would be awesome. Anyone know where I can find their email addresses?

Bob Jacob: http://www.ism-agency.com/ (Contact)

mattbarton.exe 08 December 2009 21:30

Thanks, Gilgamesh. I emailed him. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it sure would be sweet if I could get him on the show!