English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinFellow (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   DosFellow compatibility list and compatibility of specific games (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48674)

ruffian 09 November 2009 09:46

DosFellow compatibility list and compatibility of specific games

Can anyone direct me to a (downloadable) compatibility list for DosFellow? I've seen the back2roots site, was wondering if there is a downloadable list anywhere?

Has anyone encountered the follwing problems:

Tearaway Thomas (invisible sprite)
Naughty Ones (no collision detection)
Power Drive (not campatible at all?)
Pinball Dreams (back2roots suggests compatible 036r1 but I get nothing)

Thanks

s2325 09 November 2009 09:51

I played only three (my favourite) games with it, without any problem: Axel's Magic Hammer, Kid Gloves, No Second Prize.

andreas 11 December 2009 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffian (Post 613989)
Pinball Dreams (back2roots suggests compatible 036r1 but I get nothing)

Wow, someone really still using DOS Fellow in 2009 - that's cool :P

Well, I'd suggest trying 032a.
That's usually the best idea if (quasi)-standard 033 fails...

032a has some quite experimental code in which was removed later "for reliability reasons". However, some games DO need this.

s2325 23 February 2010 16:57

Is it possible that WinFellow is slower than Fellow?

breech 24 February 2010 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreas (Post 623436)
Wow, someone really still using DOS Fellow in 2009 - that's cool :P

Well, I'd suggest trying 032a.
That's usually the best idea if (quasi)-standard 033 fails...

032a has some quite experimental code in which was removed later "for reliability reasons". However, some games DO need this.

I'm still using it in 2010. Flashback's audio plays correctly in the cinematics :)

john4p 25 February 2010 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2325 (Post 645247)
Is it possible that WinFellow is slower than Fellow?

For Fellow a Pentium I with 133 MHz suffices. Try WinFellow on that.

Mequa 30 March 2010 18:46

Not a game which runs in DosFellow, however DosFellow itself works with the DOSBox emulator, achieving almost full speed on my dual core 2GHz Win7 machine.
Not bad for an emulator running on an emulator! You can even add filters such as scale2x and hq2x.

Perhaps DosFellow could be added to the DOSBox compatibility list, which also includes some other MS-DOS based emulators (such as for NES).
DosUAE also works with DOSBox (but is slower of course).

Now it is possible to run a modified Windows 9x install in DOSBox, so I might see if I can run WinFellow and an older version of WinUAE in it, and compare the speed of the 4 Amiga emulators under emulation...

breech 31 March 2010 08:45

Anyone can add to the compatibility list, go for it.

Jimbo 24 May 2010 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mequa (Post 656990)
Not a game which runs in DosFellow, however DosFellow itself works with the DOSBox emulator, achieving almost full speed on my dual core 2GHz Win7 machine.
Not bad for an emulator running on an emulator! You can even add filters such as scale2x and hq2x.

Perhaps DosFellow could be added to the DOSBox compatibility list, which also includes some other MS-DOS based emulators (such as for NES).
DosUAE also works with DOSBox (but is slower of course).

Now it is possible to run a modified Windows 9x install in DOSBox, so I might see if I can run WinFellow and an older version of WinUAE in it, and compare the speed of the 4 Amiga emulators under emulation...

Windows 3.1 and Win95 run perfect on Dosbox. I have not tried or searched for Windows 98 But I don't think it would be possible. Installing 3.1 and 95 is really easy, its getting the graphics drivers and sound to work thats a bit of a pig. But there are loads of guides online with all the files needed attached to the pages to get them working. I forgot why I first installed 3.1 I believe it was because an old FMV game called Frankenstein needed it.