English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Swapping disks in WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93984)

falken 29 August 2018 22:42

Swapping disks in WinUAE

Maybe it's silly what I'm going to ask but not manage the Disk Swapper in WinUAE. I add all the discs, I select to the right in the DF0: position and press Start. Then it is assumed that pressing END + the position of the diskette that we want, should change. That way does not do anything. What am I doing wrong?

DamienD 29 August 2018 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by falken (Post 1265214)
Maybe it's silly what I'm going to ask but not manage the Disk Swapper in WinUAE. I add all the discs, I select to the right in the DF0: position and press Start. Then it is assumed that pressing END + the position of the diskette that we want, should change. That way does not do anything. What am I doing wrong?

This might help you: Important Keys ;)

In this example, pressing <End> + <4> would insert the disk in slot 4 i.e. Disk 4 into DF0:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...itledbe5d4.png

falken 29 August 2018 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1265217)
This might help you: Important Keys ;)

In this example, pressing <End> + <4> would insert the disk in slot 4 i.e. Disk 4 into DF0:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...itledbe5d4.png

Yes, that combination is what I use and nothing happens.

DamienD 29 August 2018 22:55

Not sure what to say; I use "Disk swapper" all the time and it always works as expected :agree

Are you sure your <End> key doesn't need something silly like the <Fn> key to be pressed also (which I've seen on some laptops without changing settings in the BIOS)?

falken 29 August 2018 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1265219)
Not sure what to say; I use "Disk swapper" all the time and it always works as expected :agree

Are you sure your <End> key doesn't need something silly like the <Fn> key to be pressed also (which I've seen on some laptops without changing settings in the BIOS)?

No, it's a standard keyboard, not a laptop.

DamienD 29 August 2018 22:57

...then I have no idea; sorry.

Do other <End> combinations work i.e:

... <End> + <F1> to insert disk into DF0:?
... <End> + <Pause> to toggle warp mode?

falken 29 August 2018 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1265221)
...then I have no idea; sorry.

Do other <End> combinations work i.e:

... <End> + <F1> to insert disk into DF0:?
... <End> + <Pause> to toggle warp mode?

Yes, that 2 combinations works fine.
I´m in that situation !!!

http://i67.tinypic.com/20uq0rk.png

DamienD 29 August 2018 23:12

Ok, so it's not an issue with the <End> key then... next idea ;)

1) You're not using the numeric keypad numbers are you? You need to use the numbers on the 2nd from top row.

2) I'm assuming you use a foreign keyboard / layout (probably Spanish). I have seen when setting up these at work for people from various countries that in order to get any of the numbers you actually have to press <Shift> + <the number>. What happens in Notepad if you just press <the number>; do you see what's expected?

falken 29 August 2018 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1265224)
Ok, so it's not an issue with the <End> key then... next idea ;)

1) You're not using the numeric keypad numbers are you? You need to use the numbers on the 2nd from top row.

2) I'm assuming you use a foreign keyboard / layout (probably Spanish). I have seen when setting up these at work for people from various countries that in order to get any of the numbers you actually have to press <Shift> + <the number>. What happens in Notepad if you just press <the number>; do you see what's expected?

Yes, I'm from Spain, so my keyboard is Spanish!!! :)
What happens in Notepad if I just press '2'? I obtain number 2 :crazy

DamienD 29 August 2018 23:25

Now I'm really out of suggestions man; I did try though :sad

falken 29 August 2018 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1265234)
Now I'm really out of suggestions man; I did try though :sad

Ok, don't worry! ;)

adiq22 20 June 2019 15:51

I'll refresh this thread, since I've never been able to get disk swapper function to work. (years ago on Windows XP, now on Win10, with PS2 keyboard, now USB, etc)

Here's what I do:

1) Run WinUAE without loading any configuration, just to exclude possibility of messing something up,
2) Add 3 sample ADF's to swapper,
3) Select DF0 next to first position,
4) Boot system - everything seems to work fine, but when I try to change image by pressing END+number (on the main keyboard) the DF0 image is just being ejected, and that's it.... Combinations END+1...0, END+CTRL+1...4 are doing nothing. If I manually re-insert image to DF0, then again, I can only eject it again.
Also, if I attach other ADF's to other drives: DF1,DF2, they remain untouched, no matter what I press. END-keys combinations only clear DF0 drive.

Disk swapper is able to eject DF0 disk image so it looks like it's working, to some degree... :D but why I can't use it for mounting ADF's?

edit.
OK, so it seems that drive number change function is working too. After selecting DF2 by pressing END+CTRL+3, it dismount images attached to DF2, leaving DF0 alone. But still can't mount anything.

DamienD 20 June 2019 16:28

That's very weird... for example to eject a disk from DF0: it's usually <End> + <Shift> + <F1>.

Maybe something going on with your <Shift> key?

Also, it might be a good idea to attached full logs for Toni / others to see what's occurring.

Enable these by starting WinUAE, select "Path" and tick "Enable full logging" before starting emulation.

adiq22 20 June 2019 16:54

1 Attachment(s)
Regular combinations with function keys works ok. I can insert or remove disk from specific drive using F1-F4. Only swapper is problematic.
When there is selected drive e.g DF1 (END+CTRL+2), pressing END + <any number> results in dismounting disk currently present in DF1.

DamienD 20 June 2019 17:14

Hmmm, I don't see anything in the logs related to Disk swapper / ejecting disks.

Did you attempt to use the Disk swapper before existing WinUAE?

adiq22 20 June 2019 17:22

Yes, something like:
1)END+1, END+2,
2)END+CTRL+1,
3)repeat END+1, END+2,
etc.

I've noticed, that logs don't detect this activity.

Toni Wilen 20 June 2019 18:27

Try without loading any config files (also make sure you don't have configurations\default.uae).

Foebane 20 June 2019 20:35

Looking at this thread, I used to have similar issues with Disk Swapper, like disks not being changed with the keyboard shortcut, but it seems that setting up the disks and saving the configuration solved the problem. Just a suggestion.

adiq22 20 June 2019 21:39

Thank you all for help.
I removed from WinUAE folder everything except my custom configs and finally got it working.

But now I have another issue with disk swapper.
WinUAE seems to "hard lock" everything in "Disk swapper" tab when you press start. After that, whatever you change there doesn't matter. Is it intended behavior? e.g

- run WinUAE
- set disk1 to position #1, disk2 to position #2
- start emulation, and you can change disks whatever you like, but...
- add disk3 and swap it with disk1 so now:
disk1 - position #3
disk2 - position #2
disk3 - position #1
- When you press END+1 it loads disk 1 from position #3, END+2 loads disk2, END+3 does nothing (well, except ejecting current disk) and disk3 can't be loaded until next hard restart with new configuration.

It's a bug or a feature? ;)

Toni Wilen 24 June 2019 17:34

It is a bug. Changed config's disk swapper paths are not copied to active config.