English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.UAE Wishlist (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Pointless Feature Request - Zoned areas for drag and drop (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=95079)

BippyM 11 November 2018 20:45

Pointless Feature Request - Zoned areas for drag and drop

Hi Toni,

Pointless feature request. When having floppy drives enabled is it possible to have zones for drag and drop. For example dropping into the top left of the window loads the disk into DF0:, top right DF1: bottom left DF2: and bottom right DF3:

Naturally if there is only DF0 enabled then the whole window is used, if DF0 and DF1 are enabled the window is split vertically and so on..

Pointless, but useful :D

Leandro Jardim 11 November 2018 21:27

Your dreams have been fulfilled! :D

WinUAE have this feature, you only need to enable the status bar (the standard windowed style at misc tab) and drop an ADF over the drive LED which you want to insert the disk. It is not the same thing but it works a dream! ;)

:)

BippyM 11 November 2018 21:35

I know all about that feature, however it is very small and I often drop it straight onto the window without realising and it is auto loaded into df0:

I would like the feature I have explained!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim (Post 1284333)

WinUAE have this feature, you only need to enable the status bar (the standard windowed style at misc tab) and drop an ADF over the drive LED which you want to insert the disk. It is not the same thing but it works a dream! ;)

Dan 11 November 2018 21:51

Lol, i guess i'm not the only one who is thinking about something like this.

But my idea was more like an extra floating window (dual monitor setup here).

Like: Fullscreen/window on the one monitor and a small drag'n'dropable window on the other monitor.

Edit: How about DF0-DF4 icons in the traybar ? But when i look on the traybar here, better not :D

Leandro Jardim 11 November 2018 23:03

Oh, sorry for confusing the readers of your thread! I am sure Toni will respond to your request in some way or another. If not, you can be sure that I will pester him until you get what you want! :D

I've put our last two posts so readers know what we're talking about. ;)

LOL. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim (Post 1284333)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BippyM (Post 1284336)
I know all about that feature, however it is very small and I often drop it straight onto the window without realising and it is auto loaded into df0:

I would like the feature I have explained!!

BippyM 11 November 2018 23:59

Part of the reason I say zones is because if you're dropping N adf you're probably going to use the adf straight away, and having it as a dock means I have to move the mouse to the winuae window lol

Yes lazy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1284340)
Lol, i guess i'm not the only one who is thinking about something like this.

But my idea was more like an extra floating window (dual monitor setup here).

Like: Fullscreen/window on the one monitor and a small drag'n'dropable window on the other monitor.

Edit: How about DF0-DF4 icons in the traybar ? But when i look on the traybar here, better not :D

BippyM 13 November 2018 18:52

Toni? Have you seen this thread?

Toni Wilen 13 November 2018 19:05

Yes but I am more busy than usual..

Problem with this feature is that at least I just drag and drop files to random positions and I don't want them to suddenly mount in different drive. I guess very small zones would work. Maybe.

DamienD 13 November 2018 19:13

...and if you do decide to go ahead with this; then maybe a tickbox under "Miscellaneous" that needs to be checked if you want them on (as personally I'd never use this and wouldn't want it switched on by default).

BippyM 13 November 2018 23:28

It's a great idea haha

Thanks Toni

Toni Wilen 14 November 2018 19:33

Done. Corners are now floppy drive drop'n'drop zones, any other part of window works like previously.

BippyM 14 November 2018 21:18

Wow amazing. Thank you.

Anubis 16 November 2018 14:08

Where do you press to mute wife?

Oh, never mind, that is not pointless request... :p :lol