English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Decrunch ANIM-files from a slideshow demo (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82530)

Icyton 29 April 2016 17:15

Decrunch ANIM-files from a slideshow demo

I've been trying to rip the ANIMs from two slideshows called The CP-Anim Collection and The CP-Anim Collection II, using both Track2File and XoXo, with no success at all. Is there anyone who would happen to be able to extract these crazy animations?

emufan 30 April 2016 14:41

i could only find 3 anims on disk 2. XoXo found 2 packed files and was uncrunching them.
next i was using a hex editor looking for ILBM ANIM header in the unpacked files. 3 valid i could find.
I cut'ed the useless byte infront of the header and load into Mainactor which could recognized the anim.
I saved the anim as anim5. repeating the above for the next two anims.
the anims are the menu anims, not the content you are looking for.
you can play them using dpaint, for example
maybe someone else will find the remaining things.
uploaded into the zone: Rage-CPAnims2-animations.zip

Icyton 30 April 2016 21:54

Not at all what I was looking for, but thanks for trying!

hipoonios 30 April 2016 22:25

HAHa, funny animations.

You can record AVI in WinUAE and later convert the videos to GIF animations.

http://www.hipooniosamigasite.org/files/uploads/000.gif

But you probably want them in the original format.

Icyton 30 April 2016 23:35

Of course I do, they might even have hidden messages in some margins that aren't shown in the demo. Can't run WinUAE anyway right now, and FS-UAE doesn't have all those functions.

emufan 02 May 2016 10:49

zoned: Rage-CPAnim-Animations.zip and Rage-CPAnims2-Animations.zip

these are the real iff animation - i was ripping them from memory - using winuae's
uncompressed save-state uss files and a hex editor. search pattern FORM????ANIM - ? are random bytes.
I made one uss file for each animation, this way you have a cleaner memory map and thing can be found more easier.

#?.anim are the original anims ripped from uss file, #?.anim5 are the ones saved using DeluxePaint V.
#?.anim are a bit longer, since i just grabed it starting with anim-header until it reaches
memory region filled with zeros.

#1)
DeluxePaint seems to preserve the correct timing, so i saved all #?.anim files again as #?.anim5
Mainactor i was using before, those anims played too fast after converting.
so reload the archives from the zone.

Icyton 02 May 2016 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by emufan (Post 1086990)
zoned: Rage-CPAnim-Animations.zip and Rage-CPAnims2-Animations.zip

these are the real iff animation - i was ripping them from memory - using winuae's
uncompressed save-state uss files and a hex editor. search pattern FORM????ANIM - ? are random bytes.
I made one uss file for each animation, this way you have a cleaner memory map and thing can be found more easier.

#?.anim are the original anims ripped from uss file, #?.anim5 are the ones saved using DeluxePaint V.
#?.anim are a bit longer, since i just grabed it starting with anim-header until it reaches
memory region filled with zeros.

#1)
DeluxePaint seems to preserve the correct timing, so i saved all #?.anim files again as #?.anim5
Mainactor i was using before, those anims played too fast after converting.
so reload the archives from the zone.

Thanks! They seem to run at double speed, but that's something I can easily fix when I've found a working program that can convert them to GIF.

emufan 02 May 2016 18:33

np. you can try PersonalPaint7.1 - comes with some arexx scripts to create gif anims.
on the left toolbar you see a crown symbol - right click and you can choose a script.
AnimGif: first define anim brush, then save anim brush ( 2 scripts ).
you get also a requester to change the timing.

Icyton 02 May 2016 22:14

I actually tried using Personal Paint at first since I've used that for converting regular ILBM before, and I read that it could convert ANIM to GIF. I couldn't find anything in the actual program to do that, but now that I followed your instructions, I got a little farther. However, after I had choosen "define anim brush", I just get some sorta selection box, and whatever I do, nothing really happens, and I can't choose any other script.

emufan 03 May 2016 10:32

first you have to load one of the anmations into ppaint ( Animation -> Load ... ).
ensure you stay on the first image of the animation (1/xxx)
right mouse on crown symbol -> choose AnimGif: define anim brush.
you now got the crosshair tool , using this you choose the area for the anim brush
just draw a box all over the screen, buttom right to top left. click proceed on next requester.
for animations which occupy a small part of the screen, you can choose a smaller area.
right mouse on crown symbol -> now you choose AnimGif: save anim brush.
a dialogbox will be shown, with options for the gif animation, loop, tranparency , timing.
next choose a filename and wait until the waiting mouse pointer vanishs. thats all.

Icyton 03 May 2016 15:52

The problem with using PPaint is that I can't select the whole image, since it isn't possible to zoom out, it doesn't seem to be possible to scroll while using that crosshair.

I tried to compile iff2gif without success, my compiler is just spitting out errors.

emufan 03 May 2016 16:54

iff2gif looks good. can anyone with Visual Studio 2013 compile this ?

once you have the crosshair to select the area, hit F9 and F10.
this switches off menu and toolbar. so it should work.

Icyton 10 May 2016 20:26

I was waiting for someone to compile iff2gif, but today I decided to not wait no more. However, that requester emufan mentioned didn't pop up at all. I'd really prefer some program that batch converts them anyway though.

emufan 10 May 2016 23:53

yep, it's a pitty. someone here must have this installed.
I for myelf do not install 6-18 GB of stuff to compile 200kb of source.
it's not about the tiny source - i refuse to fill my drive with 99% crap ...
this is really a mess - in 2004 VC++ was about some hundred MBs,
now you have to d/l 6.5 GB installer stuff ...
if you got a MS/live account - there seems to be an online version of Visual Studio.
maybe I'm wrong, but take a look.

for PPaint. it is boring i know, but it does what i wrote above.
I was using Personal Paint 7.1b - can be found on the ftp server, just in case you use an older version.

#1) you can try Mainactor for win32. it does load iff anims and can save gif anims. does work in win7.
once an iff-anim is loaded select the files listed and use Frames -> Local Timecode to change timing.
In the Save requester, push Options ->Module Options, to change some gif-anim things.
tick Netscape Loop with value 0 - and it does loop infinitive.

Icyton 12 May 2016 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by emufan (Post 1088492)
#1) you can try Mainactor for win32. it does load iff anims and can save gif anims. does work in win7.
once an iff-anim is loaded select the files listed and use Frames -> Local Timecode to change timing.
In the Save requester, push Options ->Module Options, to change some gif-anim things.
tick Netscape Loop with value 0 - and it does loop infinitive.

Nope, I don't run Windows, and I can't get VirtualBox to work right now. I got the ANIMs anyway, I'll try converting them at a later date.

emufan 12 May 2016 23:05

this version does work, it was just something missing.
take a look into the zone: MainActor_v3.65-Win95-98-NT-7.rar

*upps* no windows at all. but for someone else, it should now work.

#1) anyone with VisualStudio 2013 please compile iff2gif.

ami_stuff 13 May 2016 23:18

FFmpeg supports decoding of IFF-ANIM 1/5/7/8/J since yesterday

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp....peg.cvs/100308

so something like this should work:

ffmpeg -i file.anim file.gif

emufan 13 May 2016 23:56

*wow* after so many years of begging.
I've seen the request for this on the ffmpeg list for so many years.
was it you ami_stuff putting the request for this ?

#1) yes it was you, many thanks :great

#2) the nightly build i found ( ffmpeg-20160512-git-cd244fa-win32-static ) - doesnt have the patch.
must wait a bit i think.

thanks again, ami_stuff!

Icyton 14 May 2016 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ami_stuff (Post 1089084)
FFmpeg supports decoding of IFF-ANIM 1/5/7/8/J since yesterday

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp....peg.cvs/100308

so something like this should work:

ffmpeg -i file.anim file.gif

This is awesome! It worked, but the output isn't animated though, but I might manage to solve this somehow.
EDIT: Just found out that earlier versions had support for IFF, but not ANIM. I'll just have to wait until the version in the Arch repo gets updated.

ami_stuff 16 May 2016 12:28

BTW. If someone would like to see CDXL or IFF ANIM encoder in the FFmpeg then I belive it could happen very quickly, but someone would need to motivate developer with $$$

for example here is a request for CDXL encoder, what should be done to see this implemented is to give 20$ or so ;)

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/...oder-and-muxer

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/...oder-and-muxer

I could create a request for IFF ANIM encoder as well if there is any interest.