English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   When laptop not in dock, winuae just hangs when starting OS4.1FE (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=77285)

jonssonj 02 March 2015 20:17

When laptop not in dock, winuae just hangs when starting OS4.1FE

Hello!

I have a very strange problem.

My laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad t530 whon't run my winuae config with OS4.1FE if it is not in the dock.

Is there anyone out there that could give me a hint of what the problem can be?

BR
Jörgen

thomas 02 March 2015 20:32

Power saving feature (CPU throttled when not connected to a power supply)?

jonssonj 02 March 2015 21:47

I have tried to set the energy thingy to maximum performance but that did not help either.

I also tried to hook it up with power here at home, without the dock, but that did not work either.

So I guess the only other difference between the dock and the computer with power here at home, is that I have a wireless network connection at home and wired network connection at the office.

I can think of one more difference, and that is that the power in the dock is 170W and the power I have at home is the one that came with the computer and is a bit lower.

So I'm totally stumped, I do not know what to do or try?

BR
Jörgen

Toni Wilen 03 March 2015 08:22

Compare logs (tick logging checkbox in misc panel to enable winuaelog.txt generation), hopefully there are some differences.
Do you really mean winuae hangs or emulated Amiga hangs?

Test also with latest 3.1 beta.

Vot 03 March 2015 12:10

When laptop not in dock, winuae just hangs when starting OS4.1FE

Not one of those dual gpu models that switches between nividia gpu and Intel hd graphics? Could be a display problem with one gpu.

FOL 03 March 2015 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonssonj (Post 1007590)
I have tried to set the energy thingy to maximum performance but that did not help either.

I also tried to hook it up with power here at home, without the dock, but that did not work either.

So I guess the only other difference between the dock and the computer with power here at home, is that I have a wireless network connection at home and wired network connection at the office.

I can think of one more difference, and that is that the power in the dock is 170W and the power I have at home is the one that came with the computer and is a bit lower.

So I'm totally stumped, I do not know what to do or try?

BR
Jörgen

Check what thomas said as setting maximum performace, doesnt alter throttling. You have to physically set the throttle yourself. I had an issue where my laptop would slow to 100MHz, because I was running WinUAE in the background, stupid throttling was screwing everything up.

jonssonj 03 March 2015 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1007672)
Compare logs (tick logging checkbox in misc panel to enable winuaelog.txt generation), hopefully there are some differences.
Do you really mean winuae hangs or emulated Amiga hangs?

Test also with latest 3.1 beta.

When I start up the OS4.1FE in winuae, I get the pink screen and then I see the OS4.1FE logo show up in red. Then it loads a while, but after a while it starts to read on the CD track 02, CD track 03, and then it continues to read from HD, and then it changes back to CD track 02, CD track 03 and then back to HD and then forever.

When I have pressed the middle mousebutton to get out of winuae I can't click on the screen to get back to winuae. I have to close the winuae windows to close winuae.

If I do not press the middle mousebutton I can hit F12 and select quit or restart or whatever.

I will create the debug files with the latest winuae beta 3.1. Is the latest number 11?

BR
Jörgen

jbenam 03 March 2015 18:08

What does the bay add, exactly? Do you have a model number of the bay you use?

I suppose that adding the base makes something "appear" in your PC, which is now required by AOS4.1FE to function (ethernet for networking support, maybe?).