English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hi everybody! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=62706)

Analyzer 14 January 2012 22:28

Hi everybody!

Just a small introduction of myself.

I'm a long time Commodore (Amiga) addict from The Netherlands.

I bought my first Commodore (C64) computer before I was 10 years (don't know anymore the exact age). On the C64 I played games, learned myself typing :) and learned to program assembly.

Several years later I bought my first Amiga, an A500 and started to play games (again :)) and learned to program in MC68000 assembly. Later on an A1200 and A4000 followed.

Then, around my twenties (I think) I went to buy an PC (486) which I needed for my education. Since then I moved more and more towards PC's. This was of course also triggered because of the ending of Commodore and the repeated failures of other companies to continue the Amiga story.

But the Amiga never went complete away from me and thus, since about half a year I'm rediscovering my old hobby: the Commodore Amiga. I got my A4000 fixed (batt. leakage) and am expanding it with new hardware (within limits) as it is a nearly stock A4000/040. First thing to add is a CF card i.s.o.f the old harddisks and a network card. I also replaced the FAN of the PSU to reduce the noise. I'm also going to look into assembler coding again (because it's fun).

So, here I am (again), back at the amiga scene.

Djay 14 January 2012 22:36

welcome back!

If you are into coding then there are some projects on the go at EAB you might be interested in...

the Amiga is crying out for some new stuff

do you have any example of stuff you have done in the past?

welcome to EAB

DonAmiga 15 January 2012 00:50

Hello and Welcome :)

mai 15 January 2012 10:54

Welcome,

There is another member in this forum from "Stein", do you know him?
"Stein" seems to be a little town in the Netherlands, so it might be.

Analyzer 19 January 2012 00:53

Thanx.

@Djay: I first need to pimp my A4000, then I need to go through a million :-) disks to see whether they contain some usefull items (like old source codes). So plenty of things to do before active development may be high priority.

I did find source code of an Virusscanner I was developing when the Amiga scene 'died'. It was in an early stage (not near finished product). I tried to 'compile' but it contains source errors :-( which I did manage to fix but when running the Amiga crashes. Take into account that the last time I programmed assembly is around 10 years ago I have to get into it again. This takes time especially when many many other things also need to be done.
But I will take a look at the existing projects on EAB. Maybe, just maybe, I can be of any help.

@Mai: Depends on which 'Stein' :-). There are two towns / villages in The Netherlands with the name Stein. What's the user's boardname? If he still uses his 'old' nick I may recognize him.

Djay 19 January 2012 01:05

@Analyer: All good buddie... let us know how the A4000 goes, maybe up some photos *winK *winK

And... update us on your coding!

mai 20 January 2012 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 797202)

@Mai: Depends on which 'Stein' :-). There are two towns / villages in The Netherlands with the name Stein. What's the user's boardname? If he still uses his 'old' nick I may recognize him.

His EAB user name is "Moriez", but inactive since Nov 2010.

Analyzer 25 January 2012 22:13

@Djay: wil (soon) make some pictures of my A4000 and post them. Is there a special thread where to post computer pictures?

@mai: Hmmm, sorry doesn't ring a bell. Look'd at his profile but that doesn't reveal much :).