English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mouse-Problem with OIL IMPERIUM during the pipeline-build. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=41089)

hoderer 02 December 2008 18:13

Mouse-Problem with OIL IMPERIUM during the pipeline-build.

Ages ago I noticed a mouse-moving-bug with the game OIL IMPERIUM. today I tried it again with the latest (non-beta)-release and it still isn't fix.

problem-details: the mouse only moves very hard during the pipeline-build in the game OIL IMPERIUM. the mouse is ok in the rest of the game, it's only during that (very important) pipeline-thing. does anybody have the same problem?

thanks for every help. and btw: great work, toni wilen.

hoderer.

Toni Wilen 02 December 2008 18:36

Simple (and probably very stupid) question first: is mouse supposed to work during pipeline minigame?

I remember using joystick when I played this game long long time ago..

Retro-Nerd 02 December 2008 18:52

There are 3 action sequences. Drilling for Oil & Fire-Fighting uses the joystick, Laying Pipelines is mouse controlled, iirc.

Toni Wilen 02 December 2008 19:04

You are right, it is mouse controlled. (need to click icons). I said it was long long time ago :)

Toni Wilen 02 December 2008 19:16

And because I am lazy, email/attach/upload to the zone statefile when pipeline minigame starts, after disk accesses have stopped. (use A500 quickstart configuration)

hoderer 03 December 2008 00:37

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is. Thanks for the help, that's just cool.

Toni Wilen 04 December 2008 18:50

This was quite unexpected way of reading mouse..

It reads JOY0DAT every line (not frame, line!) and only checks if difference compared to previous read is negative or positive. (mouse movement speed -1, 0 or 1)

UAE only updates mouse counters few times per frame which isn't really compatible with this weird method :)

Will be fixed soon..

AmigaFriend 04 December 2008 19:03

Toni I must say it man:

I've never saw someone so dedicated to a piece of software than you.
Dedicated to a sense to discover every bit of undocumented trickery that the original hardware could do and put it on WinUAE. And now I see that you also put a great effort to put on emulation some weird behavior from weird code just to make that particular game work well on WinUAE.
Truly impressive, I cannot praise it enough. :bowdown

Thanks to be on our (Amiga) side.

hoderer 05 December 2008 08:49

xpect is 100% right. thanks, toni! :-)

wizzel 15 December 2008 01:18

The Future of the Amiga

Yes, WinUAE is by far the most advanced emulator for running an Amiga Computer on a PC.
Sometimes i ask myself if Toni gets paid for developing WinUAE with such enthusiasm? :D

But... When all Amiga Hardware is only dust someday, WinUAE will be the ONLY way to enjoy the greatest Computer of the 20th Century.
And said so, it is absolutely necessary that Toni does all this great work, because no one else could do it (and wants to do it)!

There is still a lot of work to do Toni, please keep up the your great work. :great:great:great

AmigaFriend 15 December 2008 21:43

Yes indeed Wizell. I hope my A500 can last another 20 years (gosh I will be a grandfather by then:cool), but I think I must face the facts.:sad
Emulation is the only way to go.