English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Iconified Icon (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=86298)

Retrofan 07 March 2017 23:31

Iconified Icon

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Toni:

I've got a problem with the ModExplorer iconified icon when it's playing music only when using RTG on my AKReal distro:

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread....10#post1051210

PeterK 08 March 2017 01:56

The thread title is probably wrong, because iconified applications are usually creating an appicon on the default public screen and are not using a deficon. A missing or wrong definition of the default public screen could be a possible problem. (If you are using DOpus5 did you ever check a possible hidden WB or other screens for that icon?)

Retrofan 08 March 2017 02:14

Yes, it's probably wrong (changed). It doesn't matter if the program has a default icon for def icons or if I'm using deficons in the wbstartup. The problem is just that the icon dissapears iconifying it when ModExplorer is running (using RTG, internet, Hollywood and MUI Royale).

The problem persists using Workbench or Scalos instead of DOpus5. Using DOpus5 I've tried with "Icons- Reset" too.

In fact I've tried everything you can imagine, but I can not find where the problem is.

I've tried several things:

- It doesn't happen using AGA (so almost sure no patch in the s-s or user-startup).
- It happens the same disabling WBStartup, so nothing in the WBStartup.

As I've tried all I can think of, I would like someone else to try if possible on AKReal.

But also, there is the possibility that it's something on WinUAE as the author reports.

Edit: So, if someone can try AKReal 8.8 with a Vampire for example on Saga mode they could report about iconifying ModExplorer if they've got an internet connection.

Retrofan 08 March 2017 04:16

It has taken me a lot of time, but I've installed CWB OS3.9 now with Picasso and Hollywood, MUI Royale, MUI5, MCC The Bar, AISS and ModExplorer and it happens the same, the iconified icon dissapears.

DamienD 08 March 2017 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrofan (Post 1145483)
Yes, it's probably wrong (changed).

Thread title changed from "Def icon" --> "Iconified Icon" for you Retrofan ;)

AMIGASYSTEM 08 March 2017 13:05

I confirm what was said by Retrofan I did some testing with both OS 3.9 RTG that AFA OS, but if I switch from RTG to PAL Iconify and visible. The old version of ModExplorer with Skin "no MUI" it works no problem Iconify on screens RTG

Retrofan 08 March 2017 13:57

I've seen that if you change the MUI settings to start ModExplorer iconified then it starts showing the iconified icon, but it shows a message:

"Your internet connection seems to be offline. Please check"

Of course if you start it full size it plays the mods without any internet problem.

AMIGASYSTEM 08 March 2017 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrofan (Post 1145564)
I've seen that if you change the MUI settings to start ModExplorer.

What have you changed?

Retrofan 08 March 2017 14:55

Start ModExplorer, click on the top bar and select Settings, MUI, System, and check "inmediately switch to iconified state". Then "Use".

AMIGASYSTEM 08 March 2017 15:16

I had already tried that function to me nothing happens, iconify is always invisible, i use MUI5.

Retrofan 08 March 2017 19:22

I use MUI5 too. So, you select to start iconified in the MUI options, you select to use it, you close ModExplorer, and then when you open it again there is no icon for ModExplorer?

AMIGASYSTEM 08 March 2017 20:43

On AROS ModExplorer it works perfectlye, iconify works and there is no small request ModExplorer :D.

Retrofan 09 March 2017 10:32

There is a very strange thing: It works iconifying with RTG or AfAOS with AmiKit.

So I've tried:

Using the AmiKit WinUAE configuration with CWB39 or AKReal
Using the S-S and User-Startup of AmiKit
Installing again AISS and MUI5 over AmiKit
Disabling the WBStartup
Changing AKReal to use UAEgfx instead of Picasso.

AmiKit keeps iconifying the icon and the rest of OS' don't.

AMIGASYSTEM 09 March 2017 17:49

I confirm with Amikit Picasso IV/UAE Zorro III Iconify it works, Also discovered how to store location (store-position) screen Iconify, also found ways not to get out annoying request :D

Retrofan 09 March 2017 17:58

So AmiKit is the only place where iconify works with ModExplorer and RTG or AfAOS.

I wonder what the difference is or maybe somebody could tell me what to try changing from AmiKit to AKReal for example. I mean complete drawers, whatever. I've already tried with C or Libs.

AMIGASYSTEM 09 March 2017 18:08

I have done numerous tests (Libs, Fonts, Classes, Monitor, Picasso Libs,) and still I have not found the right way, It will ultimately be a stupid thing :p

Retrofan 09 March 2017 18:14

Thanks a lot AmigaSystem. I've tried a lot of stupid things too, even changing the background to be the same of AmiKit. Also whatever I change on AmiKit it keeps showing the iconified icon, it seems indestructible :banghead

So I try both things: Or getting AmiKit to not show it or to get AKReal to show it.

I wonder for example how to check this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterK (Post 1145480)
... A missing or wrong definition of the default public screen could be a possible problem....

If I've got a system showing the icon and another doesn't, what could I try changing from one to another.

I've tried changing the complete Prefs drawer too. It shows some wrong colors as the patterns aren't the same and it asks me to set the AHI prefs, but the icon keeps dissapearing.

PeterK 09 March 2017 21:29

With Scout or SysInspector you can examine the Screens/Windows list, look for possible hidden screens and display their structures.

Or you could simply try <Left Amiga>N or <LeftAmiga>M to switch to other screens if there are any.

But maybe, this iconifying problem comes from a stack overflow ??
I think MUI4 and MUI5 do even care less than MUI 3.8 about the AmigaOS stack limit of 4000 bytes!

AMIGASYSTEM 09 March 2017 21:48

I think I've solved discovered the secret, It is not a screen problem :D

PeterK 09 March 2017 22:16

Ah well, don't tell anybody what the solution is, keep it secret. That's the only way you can become an expert ! :D