English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Moose Drive (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=36856)

frikilokooo 24 May 2008 10:56

Moose Drive
 
2 Attachment(s)
It seems to only exist a 1 level Demo of Moose Drive shareware game,like many others shareware games.Anyway perhaps somebody can upload the full version to the zone,please!

Attachment 16675Attachment 16676

s2325 24 May 2008 11:01

some info:
Code:

MOOSEDRIVE v1.0 (DECEMBER 1993)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game, associated files & documentation ©1993 G.Dean & D.Cusick
This demo is Shareware.

CREDITS
~~~~~~~
Programming, sound and sprites: G. Dean
Music, track graphics: D. Cusick


COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of
this program provided the copyright notice and this permission notice
are preserved on all copies.

  No guarantee of any kind is given that the programs described in
this document are 100% reliable. You are using this material at your
own risk. The authors cannot be made responsible for any damage
which is caused by using these programs.

  This package is freely distributable, but the copyrights still
apply. This means that you can copy it freely as long as you don't ask
for a more than nominal copying fee.

  Permission is granted to include this package in Public-Domain
collections, especially in the excellent Fred Fish Amiga Disk Library
(including CD ROM versions of it). The distribution file may be
uploaded to Bulletin Board Systems or FTP servers.

  None of the programs nor the source code (nor parts of it) may be
included or used in commercial programs unless by written permission
from the author.


PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The public are advised not to take this game too seriously, as
doing so could ultimately be bad for your sanity.


REQUIREMENTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
· Approximately 780K of free, un-fragmented memory.
· AmigaDos 2.0 or higher; needs 1Meg chip RAM (works fine with 3.0)
· MooseDrive is PAL only.


INSTRUCTIONS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moose Drive is a pseudo-isometric 3D racing game. It boasts a wide
range of features:

· Fast and exciting races
· Silky smooth 50 frames a second scrolling
· Pit your skills against 2 computer cars
· Top-notch stereo music and sound effects
· Instant action replays of the last 20 seconds at any time
· Your opponents improve as you do
· Spend your race winnings at the shop to improve your car

To load the game, you can either boot with the disk in the drive
and wait for it to load, or you can run it from workbench 
memory permitting. For those of you with hard drives, simply
copy all the files into the same drawer and double-click on
the Moose Drive Demo icon.

From the main menu you can either mess with the settings or
plunge straight into the race proper. Assuming you'd rather
twiddle first, use the mouse or the joystick to do so. You
can then save your settings to disk (providing the disk is
write-enabled) using the appropriate option.

Okay, time to race. The objective is to complete the six laps
before at least one of the two computer opponents. If they both
beat you it's game over. Winning a race earns you cash, and coming
second does too, although considerably less than when you win.

To control your car you use the joystick, with fire acting as
accelerate and down acting as brake or reverse. At any time,
pressing the spacebar or the left mouse button will pause the game
and bring up the replay menu. Double-clicking on the leftmost
button will return you to the main menu, and the other four buttons
act as a video recorder would. Stop takes you back to the game.


AFTER THE RACE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assuming you don't come last, after the race you can upgrade your
car at the shop. Motors add to your top speed, batteries improve
your acceleration, and tyres increase your grip. Once you have
decided what to buy you will start the next race. As this is only a
demo, there are only two tracks to compete on. The registered
version, however, includes ten different tracks of varying
difficulty.

If you get completely thrashed, try altering the car set-up of the
opponents. This is done from the main options screen. You can alter
the top speed, acceleration, cornering speed and the amount they
improve by each race. If you find the default settings a bit hard,
then alter them, but be warned, you will then receive less money
after each race.

Once you have competed in four races then the game is over and you
may be asked to type in your name for the high score table. If the
disk is write-enabled then the scores will be saved to disk. Your
score is calculated from the amount if money you won during the
game and how much you have left.


WHY SHOULD I REGISTER?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You should register for the full version of Moose Drive because:

· Moose Drive has been almost twelve months in the making, and the
authors have spent lots of time and effort to create this game for
you.
· You will receive the full version with 10 tracks.
· The full AMOS source code will be included on disk.
· You'll be able to race a full uninterrupted season.
· You will be able to read the wonderful printed manual, which will
enlighten you as to the numerous hidden secrets within Moose Drive.
· You won't be overcome with a deep-rooted sense of guilt whenever
you get within a three-mile radius of your computer.
· It's only a fiver.


HOW DO I REGISTER?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Easy. All you have to do is send five English pounds, your name and
address to either of the following addresses.

Graham Dean,
14 Fielding Ave,
Poynton,
Cheshire.
SK12 1YX

David Cusick,
7 Dundrennan Close,
Poynton,
Cheshire.
SK12 1SQ


MOOSEDRIVE TESTED ON :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Amiga 1200, 2Meg chip RAM, 4Meg fast RAM, 68882 FPU, 85Meg HD.
        Amiga 1200, 2Meg chip RAM, 60Meg HD.
        Amiga 500, 1Meg chip RAM, 2Meg fast RAM, VXL '030 accelerator,
        85Meg A590 HD.
        Amiga 500+, 1Meg chip RAM, second floppy drive.



ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Moose Drive was written in AMOS 1.35 and compiled using the
AMOS compiler.

        Thankyou to Manuel Andre for his AMOS turbo extension library.

        Graphics and tracks created in Deluxe Paint IV.
       
        3D car created with custom 3D program.


DrBong 24 May 2008 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by frikilokooo (Post 416998)
It seems to only exist a 1 level Demo of Moose Drive shareware game,like many others shareware games.Anyway perhaps somebody can upload the full version to the zone,please!

I could only find the shareware demo from 1993 here, but apparently the developers released a remixed version in 1998. It's PAL only and requires at least KS 2.x and 1Mb chipram. Hope it's similar enough to the original game - in the Zone!

frikilokooo 24 May 2008 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong (Post 417129)
I could only find the shareware demo from 1993 here, but apparently the developers released a remixed version in 1998. It's PAL only and requires at least KS 2.x and 1Mb chipram. Hope it's similar enough to the original game - in the Zone!

Indeed remix version doesn't change too much,still I only can play one circuit,thanks anyway!:)

SkippyAR 24 May 2008 19:49

Quick Smithers, to the Bruce Moose! (simpsons)

I've uploaded x4 versions in adf format of this game 1993, all compressed into a rar archive format.

>> The Zone <<

Skippy

Predseda 05 November 2020 22:44

I do not think other than demo version of Moose Drive exists. All known versions contain one circuit only.

lesta_smsc 05 November 2020 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2325 (Post 417002)
some info:
Code:

MOOSEDRIVE v1.0 (DECEMBER 1993)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game, associated files & documentation ©1993 G.Dean & D.Cusick
This demo is Shareware.

CREDITS
~~~~~~~
Programming, sound and sprites: G. Dean
Music, track graphics: D. Cusick


COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of
this program provided the copyright notice and this permission notice
are preserved on all copies.

  No guarantee of any kind is given that the programs described in
this document are 100% reliable. You are using this material at your
own risk. The authors cannot be made responsible for any damage
which is caused by using these programs.

  This package is freely distributable, but the copyrights still
apply. This means that you can copy it freely as long as you don't ask
for a more than nominal copying fee.

  Permission is granted to include this package in Public-Domain
collections, especially in the excellent Fred Fish Amiga Disk Library
(including CD ROM versions of it). The distribution file may be
uploaded to Bulletin Board Systems or FTP servers.

  None of the programs nor the source code (nor parts of it) may be
included or used in commercial programs unless by written permission
from the author.


PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The public are advised not to take this game too seriously, as
doing so could ultimately be bad for your sanity.


REQUIREMENTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
· Approximately 780K of free, un-fragmented memory.
· AmigaDos 2.0 or higher; needs 1Meg chip RAM (works fine with 3.0)
· MooseDrive is PAL only.


INSTRUCTIONS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moose Drive is a pseudo-isometric 3D racing game. It boasts a wide
range of features:

· Fast and exciting races
· Silky smooth 50 frames a second scrolling
· Pit your skills against 2 computer cars
· Top-notch stereo music and sound effects
· Instant action replays of the last 20 seconds at any time
· Your opponents improve as you do
· Spend your race winnings at the shop to improve your car

To load the game, you can either boot with the disk in the drive
and wait for it to load, or you can run it from workbench 
memory permitting. For those of you with hard drives, simply
copy all the files into the same drawer and double-click on
the Moose Drive Demo icon.

From the main menu you can either mess with the settings or
plunge straight into the race proper. Assuming you'd rather
twiddle first, use the mouse or the joystick to do so. You
can then save your settings to disk (providing the disk is
write-enabled) using the appropriate option.

Okay, time to race. The objective is to complete the six laps
before at least one of the two computer opponents. If they both
beat you it's game over. Winning a race earns you cash, and coming
second does too, although considerably less than when you win.

To control your car you use the joystick, with fire acting as
accelerate and down acting as brake or reverse. At any time,
pressing the spacebar or the left mouse button will pause the game
and bring up the replay menu. Double-clicking on the leftmost
button will return you to the main menu, and the other four buttons
act as a video recorder would. Stop takes you back to the game.


AFTER THE RACE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assuming you don't come last, after the race you can upgrade your
car at the shop. Motors add to your top speed, batteries improve
your acceleration, and tyres increase your grip. Once you have
decided what to buy you will start the next race. As this is only a
demo, there are only two tracks to compete on. The registered
version, however, includes ten different tracks of varying
difficulty.

If you get completely thrashed, try altering the car set-up of the
opponents. This is done from the main options screen. You can alter
the top speed, acceleration, cornering speed and the amount they
improve by each race. If you find the default settings a bit hard,
then alter them, but be warned, you will then receive less money
after each race.

Once you have competed in four races then the game is over and you
may be asked to type in your name for the high score table. If the
disk is write-enabled then the scores will be saved to disk. Your
score is calculated from the amount if money you won during the
game and how much you have left.


WHY SHOULD I REGISTER?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You should register for the full version of Moose Drive because:

· Moose Drive has been almost twelve months in the making, and the
authors have spent lots of time and effort to create this game for
you.
· You will receive the full version with 10 tracks.
· The full AMOS source code will be included on disk.
· You'll be able to race a full uninterrupted season.
· You will be able to read the wonderful printed manual, which will
enlighten you as to the numerous hidden secrets within Moose Drive.
· You won't be overcome with a deep-rooted sense of guilt whenever
you get within a three-mile radius of your computer.
· It's only a fiver.


HOW DO I REGISTER?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Easy. All you have to do is send five English pounds, your name and
address to either of the following addresses.

Graham Dean,
14 Fielding Ave,
Poynton,
Cheshire.
SK12 1YX

David Cusick,
7 Dundrennan Close,
Poynton,
Cheshire.
SK12 1SQ


MOOSEDRIVE TESTED ON :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Amiga 1200, 2Meg chip RAM, 4Meg fast RAM, 68882 FPU, 85Meg HD.
        Amiga 1200, 2Meg chip RAM, 60Meg HD.
        Amiga 500, 1Meg chip RAM, 2Meg fast RAM, VXL '030 accelerator,
        85Meg A590 HD.
        Amiga 500+, 1Meg chip RAM, second floppy drive.



ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Moose Drive was written in AMOS 1.35 and compiled using the
AMOS compiler.

        Thankyou to Manuel Andre for his AMOS turbo extension library.

        Graphics and tracks created in Deluxe Paint IV.
       
        3D car created with custom 3D program.


I wonder if they still live at that address... maybe worth sending them a letter to say "hey, we want your game" lol

jono1975 06 November 2020 00:37

If anyone lives nearby knock on the door (if not in lock down)

Predseda 01 December 2020 13:26

Moose Drive has been found and uploaded to the Zone. I can confirm it IS the registered full 2 disk version. Thanks goes to Magno Boots!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04360 seconds with 11 queries