English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tinyus - An arcade quality Amiga OCS port of Gradius/Nemesis (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105311)

pink^abyss 09 January 2021 15:44

Tinyus - An arcade quality Amiga OCS port of Gradius/Nemesis
 
After Tiny Invaders, Tiny Galaga and Tiny Bobble

aBYSs announces: Tinyus

Tinyus is a faithful Amiga OCS port of the Arcade Gradius/Nemesis videogame. It needs OCS with 512k Chip and 512k Slowmem or better.
The games runs on Amiga 500 but Amiga 1200 (barebone) is recommended for fluid 50fps gameplay.

Tinyus features graphics by Fade1/aBYSs, Code & PreTracker music by Pink/aBYSs and reverse engeneering by Bartman/aBYSs.

The game will be released soon.
Here are some screens:http://www.shinen.de/html/eab/tinyus1.png

http://shinen.de/html/eab/tinyus1.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus1.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus2.png

Z3k 09 January 2021 16:08

Oh joy! Probably in my top 5 of favourite oldies, now i'll keep pressing F5 untill the release date! :p

dreadnought 09 January 2021 16:10

Gradius is a stone cold classic, looking forward to your interpretation!

DamienD 09 January 2021 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink^abyss (Post 1452014)
After Tiny Invaders, Tiny Galaga and Tiny Bobble

aBYSs announces: Tinyus

Tinyus is a faithful Amiga OCS port of the Arcade Gradius/Nemesis videogame. It needs OCS with 512k Chip and 512k Slowmem or better.
The games runs on Amiga 500 but Amiga 1200 (barebone) is recommended for fluid 50fps gameplay.

Tinyus features graphics by Fade1/aBYSs, Code & PreTracker music by Pink/aBYSs and reverse engeneering by Bartman/aBYSs.

The game will be released soon.
Here are some screens:http://www.shinen.de/html/eab/tinyus1.png

http://shinen.de/html/eab/tinyus1.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus1.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus2.png

Friggin' awesome!!!!! :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

pink^abyss strikes again :great

Jobbo 09 January 2021 16:12

Looks amazing!! You are killing it with these tiny games! How are you guys matching the arcade? Is it mostly just by watching the original like they used to for old conversions? Or are you doing a lot of data and code extraction? Would love to hear more about all that.

Estrayk 09 January 2021 16:23

wow! What a surprise Pink!
Awesome!

pink^abyss 09 January 2021 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobbo (Post 1452023)
Looks amazing!! You are killing it with these tiny games! How are you guys matching the arcade? Is it mostly just by watching the original like they used to for old conversions? Or are you doing a lot of data and code extraction? Would love to hear more about all that.


For Tiny Galaga and Tiny Invaders it was just watching. These games are very simple. Tiny Bobble and Tinyus have much more data and special gameplay, just watching would take too much time.

For Tinyus Bartman did a lot of reverse engeneering and handed his result over to me. So i had background maps and enemy placement which could directly be reused. He also did some rudimentary sound extraction but this was not portable to Amiga and needed manual work and extra 'art' to make it finally sound great on Paula. The enemy movement code and gameplay code was then done again by watching, with some reverse engeneering when it was not clear what was going on.

mcgeezer 09 January 2021 16:46

Now this will be epic!!

falken 09 January 2021 16:48

Amazing!

Ami 09 January 2021 17:19

4th game in less than a year, impressive!

pink^abyss 09 January 2021 17:22

Here again the title screen (32 colors) without HUD. It was re-done by Fade1 for Amiga from the games original Print-Artwork (not the Arcade artwork).
http://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus3.png

skan 09 January 2021 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink^abyss (Post 1452043)
Here again the title screen (32 colors) without HUD. It was re-done by Fade1 for Amiga from the games original Print-Artwork (not the Arcade artwork).
http://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus3.png

:bowdown

DanyPPC 09 January 2021 17:42

Well done !

Nemesis is a classic, and I'm very happy to play it on my classic Amiga :)

Konrad 09 January 2021 18:04

This is great. Really looking forward for it :).

Retro-Nerd 09 January 2021 18:19

Great. Can't wait to see a clip. :great

skyzoo73 09 January 2021 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink^abyss (Post 1452014)
After Tiny Invaders, Tiny Galaga and Tiny Bobble

aBYSs announces: Tinyus

Tinyus is a faithful Amiga OCS port of the Arcade Gradius/Nemesis videogame. It needs OCS with 512k Chip and 512k Slowmem or better.
The games runs on Amiga 500 but Amiga 1200 (barebone) is recommended for fluid 50fps gameplay.

Tinyus features graphics by Fade1/aBYSs, Code & PreTracker music by Pink/aBYSs and reverse engeneering by Bartman/aBYSs.

The game will be released soon.
Here are some screens:http://www.shinen.de/html/eab/tinyus1.png

http://shinen.de/html/eab/tinyus1.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus1.pnghttp://www.abyss-online.de/eab/tinyus2.png

I am touched!

Steril707 09 January 2021 18:51

Cool...

fryguy 09 January 2021 19:32

Really cool!

Old_Bob 09 January 2021 19:43

Excellent! :D

The Amiga has long been due a port of this classic and I've even done some exploratory work of my own regarding a conversion.

Really looking forward to having a go at this! I would have been first in line if this game had been available back when I first had my A500. It's still one of favourite coin op games ever.

B

captain_zzap 09 January 2021 19:51

Absolutely fabulous!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04864 seconds with 11 queries