English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.TOSEC (amiga only) (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ADFs - renaming / comparing / finding out if you have anything rare!!! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=42963)

DamienD 25 February 2009 22:26

ADFs - renaming / comparing / finding out if you have anything rare!!!

Want to rename, compare or find out if any of the .ADF files you posses are rare without having to run multiple .DAT files via ClrMAMEPro? Then this is the thread for you ;)

I've taken all the latest public .ADF based TOSEC Commodore Amiga .DAT files and combined then into one. Here's the a list of the various .DAT files which have been combined:
  • Commodore Amiga - Applications - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-10-07_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Applications - Public Domain - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-09-15_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Compilations - Applications (TOSEC-v2006-09-13_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Compilations - Games (TOSEC-v2006-09-10_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Compilations - Various (TOSEC-v2006-08-04_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Coverdisks - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-10-07_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Demos - Animations and Videos (TOSEC-v2006-06-25_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Demos - Music (TOSEC-v2006-05-09_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Demos - Packs (TOSEC-v2006-05-09_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Demos - Slideshows (TOSEC-v2006-05-20_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Demos - Various - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-05-20_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Diskmags (TOSEC-v2006-10-07_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Docs (TOSEC-v2006-10-07_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Educational - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-10-07_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Games - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-10-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Games - Emerald Mine (TOSEC-v2006-10-07_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Games - Public Domain - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-10-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Games - Save Disks (TOSEC-v2006-10-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Games - Unofficial Addons & Patches (TOSEC-v2006-10-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Kickstart-Disks (TOSEC-v2004-11-17_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Operating Systems - AMIX (TOSEC-v2004-11-17_CM).dat {minus the Tape Installations}
  • Commodore Amiga - Operating Systems - Workbench (TOSEC-v2006-04-09_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Packmags (TOSEC-v2006-04-09_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Assassins, The (TOSEC-v2005-05-07_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Berliner Spielekiste (TOSEC-v2005-11-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - MegaDisc (TOSEC-v2005-11-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Nordlicht Spiele (TOSEC-v2005-10-27_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Panorama (TOSEC-v2005-11-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Software of the Month Club (SOMC) (TOSEC-v2004-11-13_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Taifun (TOSEC-v2005-10-27_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Tampa Bay Amiga Group (TOSEC-v2005-11-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Topik (TOSEC-v2005-11-19_CM).dat
  • Commodore Amiga - Public Domain Collections - Various (TOSEC-v2005-11-19_CM).dat

DamienD 25 February 2009 22:28

Here are the instructions you should follow:

Preliminary:
  • Download the latest version of ClrMAMEPro 32bit (zip) from here.
  • Extract it to your hard drive e.g. "C:\CLRMAMEPRO".
  • Download the file "Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip" from the "User\DamienD\DATS" directory on Magix's FTP server and extract the DAT file to ClrMAMEPro's datfiles directory e.g. "C:\CLRMAMEPRO\datfiles".
  • Create a directory called "___ORIGINAL" on your hard drive i.e. "C:\___ORIGINAL" and then copy all your .ADF files into this.
  • Create a directory called "___FOUND" on your hard drive i.e. "C:\___FOUND".

Running ClrMAMEPro:
  • Start ClrMAMEPro and click "OK" at the welcome screen.
  • Double-click on the "Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM)" displayed in the right hand window and then click "Default".
  • Click the "Settings" button, click "Add...", then point to the directory where your files are stored i.e. "C:\___ORIGINAL", click "OK" and then click the "X" to close the "Settings" window.
  • Click the "Rebuild" button, click the "..." button under "Source", point to the directory where your files are stored i.e. "C:\___ORIGINAL" and then click "OK".
  • Click the "..." button under "Destination", point to the directory where you want your rebuilt files to go i.e. "C:\___FOUND" and then click "OK".
  • Tick "Remove Matched Sourcefiles" and then "Rebuild...".
  • Once totally finished the "Statistics" window will appear, click "OK" then "X" twice to exit ClrMAMEPro.

All renamed / identified files will be sitting in the "C:\___FOUND" directory.
Any rare / unrecognised files will be sitting in the "C:\___ORIGINAL" directory.

TCD 25 February 2009 22:38

Very nice work Damien :great This should really help people scanning their collection for rare images :) Let's hope Loedown will now be able to sort his disks out :agree

Loedown 26 February 2009 02:22

Greetings,
Indeed Damien has done a great job of combining the files, I still don't like Clrmamepro, so I will still develop my own software.

The moment of truth revails that I do indeed still have much that's not in TOSEC and that is just from the single archive that's been done and doesn't include all of the additional images I will have available soon from various other collections. I'll collate a list for perusal and we'll go from there, should be done by Friday.

Big thanks to all that have helped in these matters,

Paul

Loedown 26 February 2009 04:23

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings,
Here's the list, an X donates that TOSEC couldn't find anything, although with some of the titles, I know they will exist, or the original archive that I have is corrupt, or different cracker / coder / loader / intro, if someone wants to sort through, be my guest. If someone wants something, again, just ask.

Paul

TCD 26 February 2009 08:22

Good to hear you got it sorted :) Well would be cool if you could make pack of the 'X' marked disks then :agree

Loedown 26 February 2009 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 516369)
Good to hear you got it sorted :) Well would be cool if you could make pack of the 'X' marked disks then :agree

And where shall I put these X packed disks, Mr. Cyberdruid? ;)

I still need somewhere to share them.

Paul

Marcuz 26 February 2009 09:57

cool job DD! :)

TCD 26 February 2009 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loedown (Post 516407)
And where shall I put these X packed disks, Mr. Cyberdruid? ;)

I still need somewhere to share them.

Paul

Upload them to Magix FTP : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=38697 ;) There is a folder Games and inside another folder 'rare_games'. Just drop your pack there mate :)

davideo 26 February 2009 11:48

@DamienD

That's a job for me to do this weekend then - I'll run my ADF CDs through this to find out what I've got/not got.

This will make my life a lot easier.

Dave G :cool

killergorilla 26 February 2009 11:53

Nice work on setting up this thread DD, I think it'll help root out some good stuff (or piles and piles of alt shit!), we shall see! :D

Loedown 27 February 2009 07:09

Greetings,
Everything is uploaded, I no longer have the time to sift through, someone else will have to do that.

Many thanks to Magix, I have used plenty of your server, but in a few weeks, if that's ok, I will remove things as I have time, all the non working entries, or serious repeats. I urgently have to find work, if anyone needs an Electronics Tech, please email me, zero242@internode.on.net

ftp://eab.whdownload.com/User/Loedown/

ftp://am1ga:JayM1n3r@eab.whdownload.com/User/Loedown/ <--- This link seems to work, sorry about the other.

Go mad people, documents are there, one set is the original disk I found, the other set is the remaining disks I found after they had been put through Clrmamepro.

Enjoy,

Paul

Methanoid 24 March 2009 11:09

Damien

Doesnt this just do the same as BatchRun? I was kinda hoping it would be the solution to my problem and put the files in the correct folders. It chucks ALL files into one folder, leaving me with 100,000 odd files perfectly named but in no kinda order!!

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=527948#post527948

DamienD 24 March 2009 23:29

Hey Methanoid,

I've read your other thread... Definitely something that I think would be useful / beneficial so I've done all the hard work ;)

Basically, here's what I had to do:
  • Use UltraEdit to amend each DAT file with the required line rebuildto "<datname>.dat" into the correct location for each entry.
  • Combined all the modified DAT files into one.
You can download the new "Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined With Directories - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip" from the "User\DamienD\DATS" directory on Magix's FTP server. Instructions for use are the same as in post #2 ;)

PandMonium 24 March 2009 23:47

lol i just got back home and ended up doing the same thing, don't know if it is useful now or even if it works, just used the same tosec folder structure, anyway here it is :p

DamienD 24 March 2009 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandMonium (Post 528305)
lol i just got back home and ended up doing the same thing, don't know if it is useful now or even if it works, just used the same tosec folder structure, anyway here it is :p

Nice work PandMonium ;)

I've tested my new DAT file with multiple files from various DATs and it works perfectly... I'm sure yours does too :agree

DamienD 25 March 2009 00:22

LOL, slight correction to my post above in regards to the location :lol

You can get both DAT files I've created from the "new" EAB File Server. They are loacted in the "User\DamienD\DATS" directory ;)

Here are direct links:

... Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip
... Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined With Directories - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip

Methanoid 25 March 2009 00:32

Ah, my heroes... Seriously though guys, mucho thanks. That's why I posted here and not on some anonymous CLRMP forum...

Pity I have done 90% of the files but this will make the job so much easier on the rest and checking those odd files. This is how the DATS should be IMHO....

Anyone for asking Grendel or Idoru ;)

jrom 27 March 2009 16:48

@DamienD: The kickstart roms dat doesn't seem to be included in your pack (with directories)...

DamienD 27 March 2009 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrom (Post 529609)
@DamienD: The kickstart roms dat doesn't seem to be included in your pack (with directories)...

Hey jrom,

Only the .ADF based DATS were included as listed in post #1 ...

Over the weekend I'll create the following:

... Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip
... Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined With Directories (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip

These will include all DATS excluding CD based ones ;)