English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Very best Amiga game (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83908)

Pyromania 27 August 2016 21:51

Very best Amiga game

Which is the best Amiga game, Last Action Hero or Cliffhanger? I know this will be a tough decision because these are both well done excellent games bar none.

Predseda 27 August 2016 22:21

Hired guns of course.

(And so the flamewar raised again)

lordofchaos 27 August 2016 22:29

"Sex Drive - The Graphic Adventure". A game I made as a kid in Amos..Never released, but sure to have been a classic...Very pervy.

emufan 27 August 2016 22:46

Flink and Lollypop i liked a lot. maybe not the best of its gengre, but graphics was perfect.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofchaos (Post 1108217)
Never released

It's about time! :D

Amigajay 27 August 2016 23:35

Why's everyone giving a different answer, he said Last Action Hero or Cliffhanger, not name your own!
Both are naff but if I had to suffer one, which unfortunately I do making my latest compilation then it would be Last Action Hero, I'd still rather poke my eyes out first.

dirkies 27 August 2016 23:35

Speedball 2? This is discussing the best colour/flagrance TBH ;)

emufan 28 August 2016 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1108220)
Why's everyone giving a different answer, he said Last Action Hero or Cliffhanger, not name your own!

i have to admit you are right, was thrilled by the first answers, so i made my addition :banghead
@Pyromania: never played them, so they should share the 1st place :D

Predseda 28 August 2016 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1108220)

No no no, I must disagree. The question was not what is better of the two, the question is what is BEST. And best is of course Hired guns ;)

Amigajay 28 August 2016 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1108230)
No no no, I must disagree. The question was not what is better of the two, the question is what is BEST. And best is of course Hired guns ;)

I told you to not smoke that stuff on a Saturday evening :shocked:lol

eXeler0 28 August 2016 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyromania (Post 1108215)
Which is the best Amiga game, Last Action Hero or Cliffhanger? I know this will be a tough decision because these are both well done excellent games bar none.

You should have created a Poll?

Akira 28 August 2016 18:08

People can never fucking stay on topic!

LAST ACTION HERO is definitely the absolute BEST EVER :lol

LuMan 28 August 2016 23:42

Hehe. I'm sure that tongues should be lodged squarely in cheeks for this. :D

The best thing about Cliffhanger is the Spidersoft logo!! :great

Amigajay is right.. They are both terrible examples of how to do a game. Perhaps Last Action Hero would be better if half of the chip RAM wasn't used to store the 300 frames of animation used for Arnie's walking anim!! :crazy

And Cliffhanger is just plain pants!

But, in the spirit of the thread, I would say, Last Action Hero. At least I can play it and think about Streets Of Rage... or something...

demoniac 29 August 2016 09:55

Dracula is another fine Hollywood tie-in game.

Amigajay 29 August 2016 11:51

Well no surprise we got all these Sony film licence games after Sony bought Psygnosis in 1993, and no surprise they are all utter shite, at least Ocean had some decent film licence games, not many I admit but some!

Akira 29 August 2016 20:56

I cannot right now think of a SINGLE movie license game that was good. MAYBE Jurassic Park but JUST A LITTLE.

eXeler0 29 August 2016 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigajay (Post 1108399)
Well no surprise we got all these Sony film licence games after Sony bought Psygnosis in 1993, and no surprise they are all utter shite, at least Ocean had some decent film licence games, not many I admit but some!

Last Action hero could have been a decent Final Fight clone. Too bad it was pretty far off.
Cliffhanger is and looks stupid. Main character can leap 3 meters straight up in the air so he can punch owls and wolves in the face.
But that was during an era where every film licensed game was rushed to hit a particular release date.

Wasn't Golden Eye on N64 like the first movie based game in ages that was any good?

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

s2325 29 August 2016 21:12

I think headbutt in Last Action Hero is useless, have too short range and missing frames. Cliffhanger on all platforms was just average, there was some slightly better fighting version on SNES or Mega Drive.

Master484 29 August 2016 21:46

Quote:

I think headbutt in Last Action Hero is useless
Hmm, I wonder which Amiga game has the best Arnold headbutt: Last Action Hero, Terminator 2 or Red Heat?

If it's Last Action Hero, then surely it's the best game ever. :great

paul1981 31 August 2016 19:36

'Which is the better Amiga game' would have been the correct phrasing.

LuMan 31 August 2016 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul1981 (Post 1108816)
'Which is the better Amiga game' would have been the correct phrasing.

Ah. When I read it I came to the conclusion that Pyromania thought that these 2 games where the absolute best Amiga games, but he couldn't decide which one took the crown.

Now it all makes sense.....:crazy