English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   EAB's competition (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   EAB/Lemon Super League 2008: Round 8 - What Lotus III Game Mode? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37960)

Graham Humphrey 13 July 2008 19:34

EAB/Lemon Super League 2008: Round 8 - What Lotus III Game Mode?

Pretty self-explanatory I would think... basically just vote what mode you would like to play for Lotus III in the next round.

For those not familiar with the game: Timer is purely racing against the clock, arcade-style (obviously) and Cup is a Championship-type thing where you score points for your finishing position.

Now I would rather do the Cup mode, as we did the Timer mode in the old EAB league at the end of last year. But that's just me... vote away, people. You've got until Saturday.

Also (pretty important I feel) can people only genuinely interested in taking part in the competition vote please, as we don't want the votes distorted. Thanks.

TCD 13 July 2008 19:39

I think timer is more fun since the difference between the times can be much smaller than the points in the cup :) Thus leading to a more interesting competition :agree

mailman 13 July 2008 19:46

Well said, TCD :)

john4p 13 July 2008 20:07

Sorry - but like Graham I also find racing for positions more fun.

Isn't there also the total time you used displayed in Cup mode? Because then we could use the total time as tie-breaker when 2+ peops have the same championship points.

Graham Humphrey 13 July 2008 20:08

Only at the end of individual races, I think. I don't think it displays a total time at any point unfortunately. But what's wrong with a good old-fashioned tie anyway ;)

Shoonay 13 July 2008 20:09

I'm with TCD: Timer FTW!

TCD 13 July 2008 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 433682)
I'm with TCD: Timer FTW!

Are you really going to play with us Shoon? :D
Would be an honour to compete against you :agree

Shoonay 13 July 2008 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 433664)
Also (pretty important I feel) can people only genuinely interested in taking part in the competition vote please, as we don't want the votes distorted. Thanks.

Damn! :blased
Now I WILL HAVE TO play this sh... ... ...

:cheese

Biscuit 13 July 2008 20:17

Since I whipped all of you on Timer last time, I need the opportunity to do it on Cup. ;)

TCD 13 July 2008 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 433687)
Damn! :blased
Now I WILL HAVE TO play this sh... ... ...

:cheese

Yay, Shoon is in :D :great
Hi I'm TCD. Nice to meet you :p

john4p 13 July 2008 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 433680)
But what's wrong with a good old-fashioned tie anyway ;)

Nothing at all. I always preferred them over X-Wings anyway. Especially the Interceptor has an awesome design! ;)

Shoonay 14 July 2008 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 433690)
Hi I'm TCD. Nice to meet you :p

Hello, I'm 5h00n4y and this is my first post. I has just got me very first Amiga and I'll try this Lotus 3 game you guys be talking about for the very first time. Wish me luck. :D

Anyways, so it is a tie (fighter), so what now?
Maybe we play both modes then? ;)

john4p 14 July 2008 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 433841)
Anyways, so it is a tie (fighter), so what now?

I guess if e.g. the first three places got tied, everyone of those would get (15+12+10)/3 = 12.33... points. AMIRITE?

TCD 14 July 2008 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 433841)
Hello, I'm 5h00n4y and this is my first post. I has just got me very first Amiga and I'll try this Lotus 3 game you guys be talking about for the very first time. Wish me luck. :D

Welcome to EAB! You know it's a nice, fluffy place to be. :)
I wish you the best of luck with Lotus 3 newcomer. Hope it's not too confusing for you :cheese

I have you one question : If we play timer, would the one with the most first places win?

Shoonay 14 July 2008 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 433845)
Welcome to EAB! You know it's a nice, fluffy place to be. :)
I wish you the best of luck with Lotus 3 newcomer. Hope it's not too confusing for you :cheese

As a matter of fact, it is. :(
Too many flashy buttons, and adverts, and lights, and topics, and threads, and posts, and... and... and... ARGHHHH!!! :crazy

Quote:

I have you one question : If we play timer, would the one with the most first places win?

How about we add the times together, and the one with the less time needed to finish them wins? Oh Graham, you felt like a mathematical genius lately? Now you can! :D
Or use some kind of a calculating-devicey... :blased

PWLM 14 July 2008 13:33

I haven't competed in one of the comps before but I am in and I think timer would be better.

I have an abacus you could use, if I could just get it back from the oompa-loompas and fax it to you...

Oh no I just noticed that I broke the 3-all deadlock. So much responsibility, I'm too young for this sort of commitment.

TCD 14 July 2008 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWLM (Post 433868)
Oh no I just noticed that I broke the 3-all deadlock. So much responsibility, I'm too young for this sort of commitment.

Yay, thanks a lot PWLM :D
And tell the oompa-loompas should bring some chocolate along ;)

Graham Humphrey 14 July 2008 15:31

Quote:

Have you ever played this game before :cheese

We just simply add up all the scores - they aren't 'proper' races, you can't finish first, second, third etc ;)

Check out the Lotus III round from Ye Olde EAB League, last year...

It would be the same as that.

Oh, and PWLM - welcome aboard, why not take part in the Alien Breed 1 & 2 compo while you're here ;)

john4p 14 July 2008 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 433898)

I hope the 15 games we play this year won't be allowed to be voted for next EAB/Lemon-season - so we have "fresh" games 2009.

TCD 14 July 2008 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 433898)
Have you ever played this game before :cheese

Well, played : Yeah, watched the scores : No :D
Okay, I'll have a look this evening. (yeah should really do this before making stupid remarks ;))

Quote:

Originally Posted by john4p (Post 433902)
I hope the 15 games we play this year won't be allowed to be voted for next EAB/Lemon-season - so we have "fresh" games 2009.

Second that :great