English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga websites reviews (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Shadow of the Beast (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=3788)

Twistin'Ghost 20 March 2002 20:46

Shadow of the Beast

If you're a fan of the Beast series, take a look at this site. I don't even recall how I found it since I accidently closed the window killing my trace (sigh). It's a nice-looking site, though, so check it out.

http://kickme.to/sotb

RetroMan 20 March 2002 21:12

:) I know that site ..... just a ..... whoo yeah, it´s a site from a member of the GAEB :D And I thought it was familiar to me :laugh

jmmijo 20 March 2002 21:31

Thanks Twistin' :)

I've always liked this game, the entire series really, too bad I gave away the original T-shirt from the bigbox, damn things are always toooooooo small for us big boned guys :laughing

thinlega 21 March 2002 00:12

CD32????

This website is cool.....BUT i saw this on it is it TRUE?????

AMIGA CD32 (ShadowOfTheBeast TRILOGY CD)

did a trilogy cd ever come out for this game?????

Dastardly 21 March 2002 00:59

A GREAT site.
I always thought that the BEAST games were the most atmospheric games I ever played.
The first time I saw the original SOTB on my A500, I was absolutely gobsmacked, and was hooked on my AMIGA forever.
:)

Fred the Fop 21 March 2002 20:37

I practically camped out at kriag's house playing the first game, and wished I could play more. never got past the damn level with the massive demon guy.

Muzkat 24 March 2002 12:01

Yes, the Beast series were some of the most atmospheric games ever. The graphics and sounds literally sucked you into the game world and kept you in gobsmacked awe all the way through...

Nice site, BTW:)

whiteb 03 July 2002 14:02

Quote:

Originally posted by jmmijo
Thanks Twistin' :)

I've always liked this game, the entire series really, too bad I gave away the original T-shirt from the bigbox, damn things are always toooooooo small for us big boned guys :laughing

I still have my Shadow of the beast 1 and 2 shirts. :)

jmmijo 03 July 2002 16:49

Yeah and I bet you a tad smaller then I am :laugh

whiteb 04 July 2002 02:16

Quote:

Yeah and I bet you a tad smaller then I am :laugh
I bet not, 6'3 and wide shoulders. The shirts dont fit any more.

But ... i still have them :cheese

Drake1009 04 July 2002 10:39

On the page there's mention of a CD32 trilogy version of the 3 beast games. I'm assuming that since it's listed under 32-bit it would be an optimized version. Does anyone know if there's a HD-installed version of this available somewhere?

jmmijo 04 July 2002 19:25

Quote:

Originally posted by whiteb

I bet not, 6'3 and wide shoulders. The shirts dont fit any more.

But ... i still have them :cheese

Ah, perfect size for Australian Rules Football then mate :laughing

whiteb 05 July 2002 04:41

Quote:

Ah, perfect size for Australian Rules Football then mate :laughing

You wont get me onto a field wearing those shirts, they are still in perfect condition after OVER 10 years since I bought them.:laugh

whiteb 05 July 2002 04:46

Quote:

Originally posted by Drake1009
On the page there's mention of a CD32 trilogy version of the 3 beast games. I'm assuming that since it's listed under 32-bit it would be an optimized version. Does anyone know if there's a HD-installed version of this available somewhere?
There is a HD installed version of the floppy version of the original, and I am sure I can HD install my original of SOTB 2.

Lemme know if you want it in "The Zone".

Drake1009 05 July 2002 09:53

I was more interested in the CD32 version. I usually play the games from disks otherwise since I don't have enough ram to get games going from hd.

whiteb 05 July 2002 11:55

Without putting them on Ebay, whats those shirts worth now ?

jmmijo 05 July 2002 19:56

Man I wish I could tell you, I always liked the artwork from Psygnosis and the silkscreening was always great to look at on the black T's :D

eBay maybe the best option for maximizing the sale, unless somebody on this forum is interested in a direct purchase :)

Bloodwych 05 July 2002 21:12

I did an Art appreciation project on Roger Dean (beast box artist) and made my own unique custom T-shirt prints of his artwork!!!!

They're actually very good as I have just said so myself :D ;). Wish I had a webcam. :(

This reminds me, what happened to that box artwork thread. I think I'll go and dig it up..................

here it is. Not a bad topic for us all to discuss. Could do with a few more posts. ;)