English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinFellow (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Problem with Monkey Island 2 configurations (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=24470)

Vitruvian 14 July 2006 16:48

Problem with Monkey Island 2 configurations

I am a newbie to Winfellow. I got Monkey Island 2 to work, but for some reason there is no sound and the game/conversations are going by so fast that I can not even read them. Can anyone help me to configure Winfellow? All help is greatly appreciated.

dlfrsilver 14 July 2006 22:54

Please use Winuae instead ^^

Retro-Nerd 14 July 2006 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver
Please use Winuae instead ^^

I wrote this advice (using the quickstart feature) some hours ago. Who has deleted my post? WinFellow is very outdated and suggesting WinUAE is no spam in this thread.

Ironclaw 15 July 2006 00:44

As WinUAE is the best and most compatible Amiga emulator there is, everyone should use it... only exception would be if they might have a really slow and crappy PC.. then UAE or Fellow might be a consideration.

Paul 15 July 2006 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
I wrote this advice (using the quickstart feature) some hours ago. Who has deleted my post?

No one deleted your post. You posted in New to Emulation / Amiga scene on his other thread....which I'll now close as we don't need two.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=24471

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
Using the quickstart feature of WinUAE 1.2 and all is fine.

Marcuz 15 July 2006 17:47

someone reported that winfellow works ok with monkey island, on another emulation board. but i've no idea of the configuration nor of the winfellow version. while Winuae is more evoluted, i see not why one should not try Wf for the sake of it.
it was a neat piece of software some year ago.
only, it's harder to get help from people as many don't use it anymore.

Vitruvian 16 July 2006 14:21

Hey guys thanks for everything. I ended up getting WINUAE to work and the game was great. I haven't played it in over 10 years. Great memories. Anyone know how I can get LFL files to work?

Npl 18 July 2006 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitruvian
Hey guys thanks for everything. I ended up getting WINUAE to work and the game was great. I haven't played it in over 10 years. Great memories. Anyone know how I can get LFL files to work?

You dont, LFL are Data-files used by the game. You need to start the game itself ( called "monkey" AFAIR ). In case you got the files of the net without the game-programm itself then you cant play it on the Amiga. Datafiles alone should play fine on ScummVM though

petza 10 August 2006 18:55

UAE is the best but not as good as a real miggy

petza 15 August 2006 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitruvian

u cant be from iraq theres a war going on

BippyM 15 August 2006 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by petza
u cant be from iraq theres a war going on

What a stupid childish remark!

Please.. don't start a flame war by saying something so dumb!

petza 15 August 2006 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bippym
What a stupid childish remark!

Please.. don't start a flame war by saying something so dumb!

im not starting a flame war all i said was he cant be from iraq theres a war going hes the first iraqi ive saw on the net
i never new they had pc's over there

BippyM 15 August 2006 22:02

He might not be in Iraq (I just did a locale of his IP and he indeed isn't) but that isn't for you to question, and not in this thread.. If you are that bothered PM!

petza 15 August 2006 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by bippym
He might not be in Iraq (I just did a locale of his IP and he indeed isn't) but that isn't for you to question, and not in this thread.. If you are that bothered PM!

i dont care where he lives

petza 15 August 2006 22:11

i was right though hes not from iraq

BippyM 15 August 2006 22:46

don't continue with this.. just let it go!!!

Eny- 16 August 2006 12:48

:lol

StarEye 17 August 2006 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by petza
i was right though hes not from iraq

u cant be 31 yees ole!

/dodges fireballs