English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kick Off Revival for PS4 and PS VITA (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80032)

TheFoxSoft 19 October 2015 10:22

Kick Off Revival for PS4 and PS VITA

Hi all,
Dino Dini announced his game Kick Off Revival for PS4 and Vita rebooting Kick Off 25 years later!
He will focus on playability, human's skill and innovative controls.

That's really great!
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...4-and-ps-vita/

ransom1122 19 October 2015 10:34

hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Need to see gameplay footage

stainy 19 October 2015 18:23

Yes we do..

eXeler0 19 October 2015 20:15

Im a huge fan of KO2 so this is really exciting news ;-)
Just hoping they'll keep the top down view and unreslistic movement speeds ;-)

ransom1122 19 October 2015 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXeler0 (Post 1046391)
Im a huge fan of KO2 so this is really exciting news ;-)
Just hoping they'll keep the top down view and unreslistic movement speeds ;-)

Unrealistic movement speeds will lose sales from today's society of gamers. So unfortunately I think the controls will change to suit them first. Only the real Kick off players know how to control that ball with that incredibly hard control system it used. :)
That said if they have two versions a modern retake of kick off and a classic unchanged version would be cool.

eXeler0 20 October 2015 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1046428)
Unrealistic movement speeds will lose sales from today's society of gamers. So unfortunately I think the controls will change to suit them first. Only the real Kick off players know how to control that ball with that incredibly hard control system it used. :)
That said if they have two versions a modern retake of kick off and a classic unchanged version would be cool.

Im pretty sure they arent primarily targeting the FIFA fanatics. Or PES for that matter.
Though no one can say for sure what Dino Dino of today will bring us. I never quite like Goal! even though it was an improvement over KO2 in some respects it simply didnt play as well..
The fact that there are still KO2 tournaments played to this day, and no one talks about Goal! confirms that IMO.
Therefore, I hope Dino wont chicken out on the original concepts and play it safe with the FIFA crowd.
It would make as much sense as the recent Syndicate remake that was turned into an FPS an crapped all over the franchise and its original fans...

Galahad/FLT 20 October 2015 23:49

He is wasting his time with Vita, its a game sales disaster

Zak 21 October 2015 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXeler0 (Post 1046612)
Im pretty sure they arent primarily targeting the FIFA fanatics. Or PES for that matter.
Though no one can say for sure what Dino Dino of today will bring us. I never quite like Goal! even though it was an improvement over KO2 in some respects it simply didnt play as well..
The fact that there are still KO2 tournaments played to this day, and no one talks about Goal! confirms that IMO.
Therefore, I hope Dino wont chicken out on the original concepts and play it safe with the FIFA crowd.
It would make as much sense as the recent Syndicate remake that was turned into an FPS an crapped all over the franchise and its original fans...

Can´t agree. Goal! is perfect to me, it´s my favourite alltime game. Don´t know, why Kick Off has so many fans more or even Sensible Soccer. I sometimes try to get acope with those nasty controls of KO2, but quickly get back to Goal! where everything is smooth and the way it should be.

eXeler0 21 October 2015 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak (Post 1046625)
Can´t agree. Goal! is perfect to me, it´s my favourite alltime game. Don´t know, why Kick Off has so many fans more or even Sensible Soccer. I sometimes try to get acope with those nasty controls of KO2, but quickly get back to Goal! where everything is smooth and the way it should be.

Maybe we can at least agree that you're the minority here. ;-)
Anyway, Im not a fan of Sensible soccer, so I'll just accept that its down to different taste and preference and we are not clones so, yea we will prefer different things.
Anyhoo, you're wrong :-) :-) :-) (hoping that autistic ppl who dont get sarcasm wont read this ;-)

lolafg 21 October 2015 20:54

;) I'm a Goal! fan too , of course i like a lot Kick off too .

The problem , to my point of view is the choice to do this remake on PS4 and PS Vita , i think that nowadays a PC version would have been a better choice as nearly everyone got a PC....

I wish the best to Dino Dini for his come back !!

trixster 21 October 2015 22:24

Goal! was a much better game than Kick Off 2.

eXeler0 21 October 2015 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by trixster (Post 1046803)
Goal! was a much better game than Kick Off 2.

Tell that to your friends at the next Goal! tournament.... oh wait....
https://www.kickoff2worldcup.com/
😆

danytyler 23 October 2015 03:26

People saying Goal! is a better game than Kick Off 2. This has to be a joke.
Goal!, a game with predefined goals in penalty area...However, i have to admit is a good game, but imho, no way to comparison with KO2.
Kick Off 2 is simply the best football game in Amiga, and its only one rival was SWOS.

ransom1122 23 October 2015 04:09

Both games are good in their own way. Regardless we shouldn't be talking about that, threads title is about kick off revival for ps4 & vita.

Zak 23 October 2015 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1046969)
Both games are good in their own way. Regardless we shouldn't be talking about that, threads title is about kick off revival for ps4 & vita.

The discussion is, how should the new Kick Off for PS4 and Vita be? More like original Kick Off or more like Goal! ?

And by the way, danytyler, there are similar mechanisms in Kick Off, where the ball is glued to your feet in penalty box. Don´t know how this is called, but there are versions with special penalty box support for sure.

eXeler0 24 October 2015 18:36

The Amiga KO2 ran perfectly on a 7 MHz 68000 OCS Amiga. (Some expansions required 1MB).
The graphics, although simple were quite effective, the AI for its time, pretty clever.
To remake the game on an 8-core APU with almost 2TFLOPS calculating power... and >4GB RAM...
its gonna be really interesting to see where most of the effort goes. I always imagined it would be cool too make KO in 3d but keep the (almost) top down view for the main gameplay... it would allow you to use alternative camera angles for free kicks, corners, and of course replays.

Zak 27 October 2015 19:33

3D would be great, but I think it will be very much like Kick Off 2002 for PC.

eXeler0 27 October 2015 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak (Post 1047689)
3D would be great, but I think it will be very much like Kick Off 2002 for PC.

Hmm.. I have that one somewhere in the basement ;-)

TheFoxSoft 12 November 2015 16:09

Kick Off 2002 is not made by Dino Dini to be honest

eXeler0 12 November 2015 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxSoft (Post 1050469)
Kick Off 2002 is not made by Dino Dini to be honest

Nope, that was Steve Screech's project.
Kick off 3 was also his solo project and that sucked hard.