English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Demos (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   To WHDLoad magicians... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=102542)

AmiClassic 02 June 2020 22:20

To WHDLoad magicians...

...would anyone have time to bend over:
Anadune - Cyberspace
Complex - Delirium :agree
Illusion - Lost Track :great
Lego - Never Liked Uno
Mystic & TRSI - Starlight :great
Scum - Eternal
Skarla - Blues Symphonies :great
Vectors - Bohemian :great
Crionics - Neverwhere
Mirage - Toxic Waste :great
Quadriga - Acoustic Silence :great
Freezers - Not Enough
Parasite - Imperial Tunes :great
Parasite - Imperial Tunes 2 :great
Infect - Helter Skelter 2
Majic 12 - Go for the Record 2 (corrected info on Pouet ;))

Thank in advance on behalf of all WHDLoad users :)

StingRay 03 June 2020 00:37

I have made a patch for Delirium quite a while ago but never fully finished it. Thanks for the reminder. As for the other demos in your list, I'll see what I can do. :)

Hercules 03 June 2020 09:18

Cronics: Neverwhere... Would love to see a WHDLoad install for this classic demo if anyone can help. Saw this demo back in 1990 - it a classic !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiyjS3BRgGQ

StingRay 03 June 2020 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmiClassic (Post 1404532)
Illusion - Lost Track

A patch for this music disk is now available, enjoy. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 1404624)
Cronics: Neverwhere... Would love to see a WHDLoad install for this classic demo if anyone can help.

I think I started to create a patch for this demo a while ago, I'll have to check. In any case, your request has been noted.

AmiClassic 03 June 2020 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1404572)
I have made a patch for Delirium quite a while ago but never fully finished it. Thanks for the reminder. As for the other demos in your list, I'll see what I can do.

I know, because I already reminded You of Pouet ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 1404624)
Cronics: Neverwhere... Would love to see a WHDLoad install for this classic demo if anyone can help. Saw this demo back in 1990 - it a classic !

Yes! Pure classic. Thx for remind!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1404643)
A patch for this music disk is now available, enjoy.

WOW. Big thanks. :great

StingRay 03 June 2020 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmiClassic (Post 1404673)
I know, because I already reminded You of Pouet ;)

Haha, right. :) That was about a year ago I think. Time to finally finish the Delirium patch I guess.

Quote:

WOW. Big thanks. :great
My pleasure. More of your requested patches will follow in the next days/weeks.

wiser3 03 June 2020 17:45

Never understood why so many people want WHDLoad patches for demos. Most demos i have a hard time sitting through once, and never watch any repeatedly.

Games, on the other hand, offer a much more enjoyable experience and keep me coming back to enjoy again and again.

To each his own. I'm sure there are plenty of both games and demos without WHDLoad patches.

StingRay 03 June 2020 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiser3 (Post 1404755)
Never understood why so many people want WHDLoad patches for demos. Most demos i have a hard time sitting through once, and never watch any repeatedly.

Games, on the other hand, offer a much more enjoyable experience and keep me coming back to enjoy again and again.

To each his own. I'm sure there are plenty of both games and demos without WHDLoad patches.

Completely off-topic in this thread! If you aren't interested in demos, why are you posting here? Besides, some people like demos, some people like games. And then there are even people who like demos and games. All this isn't relevant in a thread where people request patches for demos though.

Hercules 03 June 2020 20:34

Subbed to this thread. Look forward to seeing these new installs StingRay and thank you for your time into looking into creating new installs :great

StingRay 03 June 2020 22:49

Quote:

Mystic & TRSI - Starlight

A patch for this nice music disk is now available as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 1404847)
Subbed to this thread. Look forward to seeing these new installs StingRay and thank you for your time into looking into creating new installs :great

My pleasure. :) I for one prefer creating patches for demos rather than games.

AmiClassic 03 June 2020 23:05

Quote:

Never understood...

...and you'll never understand, but DEMO OR DIE :agree
I love playing and watching demos on my Ami. Everyone does what they like.

It is a pity that so few people have StingRay's knowledge and skills. Magicians WHDLoad, make Amiga still enjoy and entertain.

StingRay thanks in advance for upcoming patches :great:great:great

P.S. I search next demos to WHDified ;)

BippyM 04 June 2020 00:10

Quote:

Please keep on topic. This post is your opinion and is therefore completely irrelevant in this thread, create your own thread if you want to discuss why people might want to rewatch a demo. #respectothers!

StingRay 04 June 2020 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmiClassic (Post 1404912)
P.S. I search next demos to WHDified ;)

Looking forward to seeing your requests, so far your selection of demos is quite nice and there are also a few that I didn't see back then. :)

Tarzin 05 June 2020 06:56

Thanks a lot for WHDLoad demos!

skan 05 June 2020 07:23

Sting0r rulez!!! :D

I remember when we used to discuss on this very topic on IRC back in 2005 or so... Damn we're old! :crying

BTW, I can't even remember... What was that classic patch that you never finished back then? Hardwired? Desert Dream?

StingRay 05 June 2020 17:16

Haha, we sure are. :D

Back then it was about Desert Dream I think. This has, luckily, been fixed but Hardwired is still on my list of patches to be finished. And it's one of the patches I spent an insane amout of time on already. I do hate the Hardwired code with a passion but I still love the demo. :)

skan 07 June 2020 21:33

Yeah, Hardwired, your worst nightmare! ;)
Longest patch in the making! :D

StingRay 09 June 2020 10:01

Quote:

Vectors - Bohemian

A patch for this quite nice slideshow is now available too.

AmiClassic 09 June 2020 11:34

Thanks for Bohemian :great

Disk image from Pouet is incorrect, one image is damaged. I have a good disk image from Kestra BitWorld (image), but it doesn't work with the installer. Can anything be done about it? :)

StingRay 09 June 2020 13:33

That's definitely possible. I'll check and either fix the broken image "on the fly" or simply just support the good version only.