English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga Game Factory (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Pinball Illusions Vikings table (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43483)

StarEye 18 March 2009 00:27

Pinball Illusions Vikings table

Originally, I thought only the PS1 version of Pinball Illusions included the Vikings table. However, playing around with DOSBox, I found that it's in the MS-DOS version as well. I just wondered, is it possible to somehow convert this table to the Amiga version of the game? I'm not very knowledgable in this kind of thing, so please don't laugh at me if I'm asking the impossible. ;)

Amiga1992 18 March 2009 04:49

It was a pretty crap table to begin with but I'd like to know about this too ;)
Unless I am configuring something wrong, this game on PC has no interlace mode for multiball and it's unplayable.

TCD 18 March 2009 08:04

I would like to third the request ;) I have the PC version, but playing it on the Amiga would be quite nice :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 525279)
Unless I am configuring something wrong, this game on PC has no interlace mode for multiball and it's unplayable.

Guess I will have a look again on the weekend then (if the Amiga version isn't finished then :D). Haven't played the game for some years now, but can't remember that multiball is unplayable.

Amiga1992 18 March 2009 14:31

Multiball as I have it here works just by having the scroll stuck to the ball that remains lower. The screen doesn't get zoomed out so I can't se wht the fuck is going on, it's just guesswork.

Perhaps it's a DOSBOX issue?
My version also doesn't have LOTS of the musics, for example, when you enter Modes, there's no music (like if there was no supportfor multitune MODs),or the trcks beore starting t play... Arse...

Mad-Matt 18 March 2009 15:51

Is there any reason it wasnt in the Amiga version in the first place ?
Maybe just wanted to release early or couldnt be bothered ;)
or it was made/added by the pc porters.

I suspect music for pc version might have been on the cdrom version like ps1 version. CD32 version used music tracks.

EDIT: Tested pc versions. Floppy version doesnt have viking table, but music works fine. CDROM version has table, but broken music. Am trying to get an iso of original to test.

Would really REALLY! like to get hold of an iso of the "Pinball Gold Pack" mega rare ;)

spoUP 18 March 2009 21:52

i ... might be able to ... get some info here... i'll get back to you on this...

Hungry Horace 18 March 2009 22:19

i'd like to see it as much as i'd like to see CD32 Slamtilt!

DamienD 21 March 2009 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Matt (Post 525450)
Would really REALLY! like to get hold of an iso of the "Pinball Gold Pack" mega rare ;)

I have the following but it's not an .ISO inside, only files / folders:

Code:

Pinball Gold Pack (1996)(21st Century Entertainment).zip    28.06MB

Mad-Matt 22 March 2009 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 526911)
I have the following but it's not an .ISO inside, only files / folders:

Code:

Pinball Gold Pack (1996)(21st Century Entertainment).zip    28.06MB

Nice find. Do you know if any of the tables in the archive have music issues without cdrom ? Regardles, would be cool to try if the file can be upped anywhere ;)

DamienD 22 March 2009 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Matt (Post 527074)
Nice find. Do you know if any of the tables in the archive have music issues without cdrom ?

No idea, I haven't actually tried it out as yet... Just downloaded it as I saw you were looking for it ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Matt (Post 527074)
Regardles, would be cool to try if the file can be upped anywhere ;)

Of course. I've uploaded it to 2 places just in case you have trouble with one link:

... Pinball Gold Pack (1996)(21st Century Entertainment).zip @ YouSendIt
... Pinball Gold Pack (1996)(21st Century Entertainment).zip @ FileFactory

Mad-Matt 22 March 2009 17:05

Cheers for that. Just messing with the file now. Seems to be looking for audio tracks for illusions and cant get arcade to run in dosbox. Ill keep playing ;)

Napalm-ned 06 August 2009 13:11

Pinball Illusions Vikings table

I had a floppy disk version of Pinball Illusions for the Amiga that included the Vikings table, which was always a favourite of mine. I'm not sure whether this was a re-released 'Deluxe' or 'special edition' version, but it definitely included the Vikings table.

Unfortunately, I sold my A1200 with all the accessories/software/games on eBay last year. I now run a virtual Amiga through WinUAE, but I am unable to find the version of Pinball Illusions that included Vikings table anywhere on the net. I would be grateful if anyone could point me to a copy.

s2325 06 August 2009 13:23

Do you remember on how many disks was this version?

Shoonay 06 August 2009 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napalm-ned (Post 581171)
I had a floppy disk version of Pinball Illusions for the Amiga that included the Vikings table, which was always a favourite of mine. I'm not sure whether this was a re-released 'Deluxe' or 'special edition' version, but it definitely included the Vikings table.

Wut, wut, wut? For real?!? :shocked

Never knew such a version exists, the Vikings table was always mine and my gaming buddy's favorite one the PSX (True Pinball) as we were big Thorgal fans back then ;)

Oh and, hello and welcome to EAB, Napalm-ned! :D

Napalm-ned 06 August 2009 13:28

I remember it having four disks – but the versions without the Vikings table also has four disks (at least the versions I came across on the net) – so I could be wrong.

StrategyGamer 06 August 2009 14:16

These guys have it:
http://hol.abime.net/925
:D

Napalm-ned 06 August 2009 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrategyGamer (Post 581213)
These guys have it:
http://hol.abime.net/925
:D

Thanks for the link, but this version doesn't include the Vikings table. The fourth disk only contains a HD installer.

skan 06 August 2009 15:15

http://www.mobygames.com/game/amiga-...lusions/trivia

s2325 06 August 2009 15:19

I don't like Pinball Illusions, only table with Vikings was good for me, so I can not understand their move.

Napalm-ned 06 August 2009 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by skan (Post 581238)

I definitely used to own a floppy version on the Amiga that included the Vikings table (never had a PC back then). This was the only table I used to play in Illusions. I never owned the CD version.