English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Save States (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=45632)

Marlon 22 June 2009 20:39

Save States

OK, I'm not sure if this is a winUAE issue, or an issue with Theme Park. Basically, after a day or so, my save states for this game suddenly stop working and I get a 'software failure' message. I have changed nothing in the config between them working and suddenly not working.

Am I being 'special'? Or is it just the game itself? Or, OR, are save states in winUAE a bit twitchy and unreliable?

*Edit* Save state has stopped working completely in TP now, with a new state giving an error when loaded. Save states for other games work fine.

Toni Wilen 24 June 2009 10:19

Usual "not enough information error".

NEVER EVER say "giving an error" without including the error message. EVER!

Which game version? (I hope it isn't hd based..)

Marlon 24 June 2009 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 564188)
Usual "not enough information error".

NEVER EVER say "giving an error" without including the error message. EVER!

Which game version? (I hope it isn't hd based..)

Sorry, my bad :nuts I was obviously having a special day. Anyway, I'm using the provided A1200 config, playing from ADF, same thing happens with numerous ADF versions/cracks.

The 'error' is a "software failure" error within the emulated A1200, which is why I'm not sure it's a winUAE error. But as I said, it used to work fine - in the current version of winUAE - and now doesn't.

Toni Wilen 24 June 2009 20:59

Attach one failing statefile, please. Probably something simple.

Marlon 25 June 2009 02:56

1 Attachment(s)
OK, here's the file.

gary 25 June 2009 08:40

Did you move the folder that contained the operating system ROMs to another place or drive? Your save state may have the absolute path to the ROM and can't load it.

Toni Wilen 25 June 2009 10:45

Try enabling immediate blitter. Do you have JIT enabled?

Marlon 25 June 2009 19:27

Just tried with immediate blitter enabled and still the same. Also enabled jit and tried and still the same problem.

Toni Wilen 25 June 2009 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon (Post 564914)
Just tried with immediate blitter enabled and still the same. Also enabled jit and tried and still the same problem.

Statefile you attached is already borken, it can't work (stack return address is corrupt, reason unknown)

Do you still get the same problem if you load old working statefile without JIT and immediate blitter enabled and try to save new one?

Marlon 27 June 2009 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 564927)
Statefile you attached is already borken, it can't work (stack return address is corrupt, reason unknown)

Do you still get the same problem if you load old working statefile without JIT and immediate blitter enabled and try to save new one?

OK, all old and new states for other games I'm currently playing (cannon fodder, Settlers etc) work fine, but old and NEW states for TP don't. All of this is without jit and with immediate blitter enabled.